• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Didn't the Hawks speak to this guy in the Offseaso

edmunds77

C: Jackie Butler, KnicksIt's very, very hard for somebody on the Knicks to become underrated, but Butler certainly qualifies. Look at it this way: The Knicks decided to spend $56 million on Eddy Curry this summer, and gave up Michael Sweetney and what may be the No. 1 pick in the next two drafts in order to get him. Butler, meanwhile, signed for the league minimum. Now look at Butler's production and tell me how much better off they are with Curry. Butler is slightly smaller, but he rebounds at a better rate, blocks more shots, and is more than two years younger. No, he's not quite as much of a beast in the post, but he's big and he can score -- the 6-10 center averages 15.5 points per 40 minutes on 52.7 percent shooting, and based on how he dominated the CBA last season that doesn't seem the least bit fluky. So the Knicks had an answer at center sitting on their roster the whole time, but instead they had to make the Curry deal and then spent another $30 million to feed Jerome James -- and the net result has been to keep Butler on the bench when he really should be playing.

The Hawks had invited Jackie Butler to their summer league training camp back in 2004, but he was a no show and didn't give a reason why. He simply didn't show up when the front office and coaching staff expected him to be there.I'm probably the only person on this board that can say he saw Jackie Butler play in high school. I was at the game in New Albany, MS, where people were standing outside the gymnasium, trying to get a view of the showdown between McComb HS with Jackie Butler and Starkville HS with Travis Outlaw. Butler outplayed Outlaw in that game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm probably the only person on this board that can say he saw Jackie Butler play in high school. I was at the game in New Albany, MS, where people were standing outside the gymnasium, trying to get a view of the showdown between McComb HS with Jackie Butler and Starkville HS with Travis Outlaw. Butler outplayed Outlaw in that game.

Read for the truth

Diesel asks: "Have you seen Travis Outlaw play? "

KB responds:

Quote:

Nope.

There was a big tournament in New Albany recently where Travis Outlaw's Starkville High team faced Jackie Butler's McComb team, but I didn't get to go to that game.

I haven't seen him play, but from what I've heard, he's a great athlete that has to work on his basketball skills.

Damn KB... NOT YOU...

Hannity would be ashamed...

Quote:

Quote:

I'm probably the only person on this board that can say he saw Jackie Butler play in high school. I was at the game in New Albany, MS, where people were standing outside the gymnasium, trying to get a view of the showdown between McComb HS with Jackie Butler and Starkville HS with Travis Outlaw. Butler outplayed Outlaw in that game.

Read for the truth

Diesel asks: "Have you seen Travis Outlaw play? "

KB responds:

Quote:

Nope.

There was a big tournament in New Albany recently where Travis Outlaw's Starkville High team faced Jackie Butler's McComb team, but I didn't get to go to that game.

I haven't seen him play, but from what I've heard, he's a great athlete that has to work on his basketball skills.

Damn KB... NOT YOU...

Hannity would be ashamed...

Ouch.

Quote:

Ah man....Diesel cold set KB up.
how did Diesel set KB up?KB was responding in a thread that Diesel hadn't posted in and Diesel then searched to find a 3yr old post that shows a direct contradiction in what KB said...props for finding that and calling KB out are warranted, but saying Diesel set KB up? where's that coming from?