• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Meltdown

thesheedera

• Premium Member

Meltdown?

I've seen the light!!

Isn't that what you wanted? How many times have you guys said I should give Marvin credit. I'm giving Marvin the great credit and now you say I'm having a meltdown??

I think you need to figure out what you want!

Quote:

This is how it seems to work now:

You write: "Marvin's good"

Diesel reads: "Marvin's the greatest ever"

You write: "Marvin's better than Josh Childress and Al Harrington"

Diesel reads: "Marvin's an all time great"

There's no middle ground with this guy. I think he's lost it for good.

The guy acts like a total looney tune whenever Marvin's name gets mentioned in a half way positive light. That whole thing is beyond strange.

• Premium Member

Yeah Pete...

Marvin makes us all looney doesn't he? I mean what would the Hawks be without Marvin... Dare I say... They'd probably be a 10 win team right now if it were not for Marvin the great!!!

By the time he's 23, Marvin will potentially run Kobe out of the league and will potentially own Lebron!

• Premium Member

You're right exodus...

I didn't have it because I didn't see the greatness of Marvin.

There I was suggesting that we draft either Paul or Deron over Marvin during that draft.... What the Hell was I thinking??

I should have sided with Exodus and Lascar and especially Dr. KB21 who said that Marvin would be the 2nd coming of James Worthy. Hell, He's more than that.. He's potentially better than Jordan!

Quote:

Meltdown?

I've seen the light!!

Isn't that what you wanted? How many times have you guys said I should give Marvin credit. I'm giving Marvin the great credit and now you say I'm having a meltdown??

I think you need to figure out what you want!

You're not giving him credit, you're using hyperbole to an extent I've never seen used before in an attempt to make it look like the rest of Hawksquawk is being unreasonable in their discussion of Marvin.

The types of things that are being said here are:

- Marvin was the wrong pick, but he's still a good player. He'll never justify being picked over Deron and Paul, but he can help us become a championship level team anyway

- Marvin's improved and is now a consistent player the Hawks need to win

- Marvin's better than: _______, _____, ______ - with none of those blanks being anyone that appraoches "star" status.

- Marvin's not just a role player, but he's a guy that carries his team in stretches of games

- Marvin's good defensively but has big holes he needs to fix

- Marvin's more aggressive on offense but is still unselfish to a fault

Those are sober, objective, honest, thoughtful comments on Marvin's game. You're now resorting to desperation mode. You're trying to make it look like we think Marvin's a great player without faults, even though every one of us (expect maybe the guy who claimed he was a star already) discusses the areas he lacks in and the areas he needs to improve at great lengths.

THE ONLY REASON WHY THERE'S SO MUCH MARVIN COMMENTARY ON THIS BOARD IS BECAUSE YOU"RE SO UNREASONABLE ABOUT HIM.

You hate on him, and when everyone reacts negatively, you interpret it is something different than what it is.

You're causing more people to support Marvin than would be necessary if you could discuss him without being so unreasonable.

You're probably creating more Marvin fans every day.

Quote:

You're right exodus...

I didn't have it because I didn't see the greatness of Marvin.

There I was suggesting that we draft either Paul or Deron over Marvin during that draft.... What the Hell was I thinking??

I should have sided with Exodus and Lascar and especially Dr. KB21 who said that Marvin would be the 2nd coming of James Worthy. Hell, He's more than that.. He's potentially better than Jordan!

To be fair, Pippen and Grant did all the hard work in those games. Jordan just did what he did every night. Nothing special.

• Premium Member

You need to put both feet on the bandwagon too Sheedera.

Potentially... Marvin is the best player in this game. Sure, he's only 21 and sure he's not really that aggressive but that really doesn't matter now do it? When he turns 23, he should be well on his way to be something!!! And I'm not talking a little something.. I'm talking about a great something.

What you fail to acknowledge Sheed is that Marvin's game has very little flaws. It's really Woody's fault that Marvin is not all that he should be. Woody and the PGs are holding Marvin back. Marvin was on a championship team at UNC. Potentially, he should be doing better than Mello!

jawdrop.gif

Quote:

Of course, you still know it's Diesel because he can't be reasoned with.

True dat

Some people insist on trying to reason with him though. I admire them but it is kind of like watching a dog chasing it's tail. a lot of effort expended without actually getting anywhere.