• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA All Star Votes are in for today

TruJerz

Joe Johnson and Josh Smith didnt get much love but neither did some other guys like Devin Harris and Granger, who deserve it. LMAO @ Yi being one of the highest vote getters in the conference...there are a billion ppl in China tho lol

anyway, Im sure Johnson will get voted in and probably Devin Harris too..Smith and Granger might get left out

link:

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/firstal...urns/index.html

• Premium Member

NBA.com

Forwards

LeBron James (Clev) 643,786

Kevin Garnett (Bos) 495,514

Yi Jianlian (NJ) 356,556

Chris Bosh (Tor) 274,195

Paul Pierce (Bos) 153,512

Shawn Marion (Mia) 144,066

Josh Smith (Atl) 59,574

Tayshaun Prince (Det) 56,846

Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 56,006

Danny Granger (Ind) 49,752

Michael Beasley (Mia) 48,999

Guards

Dwyane Wade (Mia) 623,311

Allen Iverson (Det) 492,093

Vince Carter (NJ) 236,634

Ray Allen (Bos) 174,155

Jose Calderon (Tor) 124,705

Luke Ridnour (Mil) 123,104

Jameer Nelson (Orl) 116,228

Derrick Rose (Chi) 102,263

Joe Johnson (Atl) 94,847

Devin Harris (NJ) 94,294

Gilbert Arenas (Wash) 64,450

Centers

Dwight Howard (Orl) 775,933

Samuel Dalembert (Phi) 116,708

Rasheed Wallace (Det) 88,885

Jermaine ONeal (Tor) 75,324

Al Horford (Atl) 45,284

Ben Wallace (Clev) 40,799

Andrew Bogut (Mil) 36,479

Zyrdrunas Ilgauskas (Clev) 28,022

Kendrick Perkins (Bos) 24,777

Emeka Okafor (Char) 15,323

he isnt getting screwed really..i mean these are the fans votes so far. he will most likely get voted in tho but i sure did think he would recieve more votes than that. Ridnour, Jameer Nelson, and Calderon over him?? wow...lets show some more support ppl..he is in ESPN's top 10 MVP Candidates list!

Joe Johnson and Josh Smith didnt get much love but neither did some other guys like Devin Harris and Granger, who deserve it. LMAO @ Yi being one of the highest vote getters in the conference...there are a billion ppl in China tho lol

anyway, Im sure Johnson will get voted in and probably Devin Harris too..Smith and Granger might get left out

link:

Remeber that the voting is only for the starters. The coaches pick the rest of the team.

The 1st time Yi or some other China scrub (I'm obviously not talking about a Yao type player) gets voted in as a starter by people stuffing the ballot box in China the league will change it's procedure.

It's coming to, it's just a matter of time.

Edited by gsuteke

The NBA should really think about putting a max number of votes from the Asian countries...

It's not really fair considering the population over there and every Asian person is on Yao's and Yi's jock...

Lot's of great players who deserve it far more than Yi are getting screwed, but Yao actually deserves to go to the All star game unlike Yi...

The NBA should really think about putting a max number of votes from the Asian countries...

It's not really fair considering the population over there and every Asian person is on Yao's and Yi's jock...

Lot's of great players who deserve it far more than Yi are getting screwed, but Yao actually deserves to go to the All star game unlike Yi...

the NBA wants to associate not alienate the Asian Market

the NBA wants to associate not alienate the Asian Market

At the expense of making American fans and true allstar caliber players truely be alienated and mistreated ?

You can't make everybody happy. When you attempt to is where you find more people are pissed with you then ever !

What if its a NY Knicks or LA Lakers player who gets left off b/c Yi get voted in as a starting PF ? I would assume the NBA would rather piss off China then Knick Nation or Laker Nation.

Edited by coachx

At the expense of making American fans and true allstar caliber players truely be alienated and mistreated ?

You can't make everybody happy. When you attempt to is where you find more people are pissed with you then ever !

What if its a NY Knicks or LA Lakers player who gets left off b/c Yi get voted in as a starting PF ? I would assume the NBA would rather piss off China then Knick Nation or Laker Nation.

they don't care about you. they've aleady got you.

The 1st time Yi or some other China scrub (I'm obviously not talking about a Yao type player) gets voted in as a starter by people stuffing the ballot box in China the league will change it's procedure.

It's coming to, it's just a matter of time.

How do you change it though? Fans, especially the international ones, seem to like the voting process. Like you said, you don't want to alienate them.

On top of that, a couple years back when Marbury was still on the ballot, NY was giving him a big vote. Even now, small market guys get punished in AS voting and big "name" guys like Kidd or Ray Ray get big votes regardless.

The only way to "fix" the system is to take the power to vote out of the hands of the fans but if the fans watch the game to see the players THEY want to see, you can't do that.

You know all this of course, I'm just wondering if there is a "solution" of if theres even a real "problem" here.

• Admin

link:

Who cares...AC Green was voted in one time. The All Star Game is for the fans and that is why the starters is a popularity contest. Unless your name is Dominique Wilkens ... no Hawk will get voted as a starter.

I would rather none of our guys make the all star team...it gives them an extra rest for the all star break and it will allow them to play with a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season.

With that said Joe will be put on the roster by the coaches.

This your Eastern conference starters:

Iverson

Wade

Lebron

Garnett

Howard

vs

Paul

Kobe

Anthony

Duncan

Yao

I think it should be:

Harris(playing 10x better than Harris)

Wade

LeBron

Bosh(playing better and is probably already better than KG)

Howard

vs.

Paul

Kobe

Melo

Amare

Yao

and I think its pretty even either way

I'd say Big Z is the second best C in that group, or at least near the top this season AND he's on the second best (if not the best) team in the league.

this is true. Z has been solid for years..has he played any an NBA star game yet?? he deserves one but i dont think he will get it tho