NBALive 2006 is coming out too early

Blunt91

I was at Walmart earlier today and as I was walking out I saw a large poster for NBALive 2006. It stated the release date would be September 28th. Now with the game coming out that soon that means the rosters aren't going to reflect anywhere near how the current Hawks roster stands. It will probably be set to like the first week in August. I remember about 5 or 6years ago you had to wait till the middle of November before the release NBALIve. Over the past few years it's been coming out around the middle of October now they have pushed it up to the last week in September. Don't know If I will buy it this year or not.

So I dont really worry abou that part, but what I am disappointed in is that I heard they wont be making a version for the X360 or the PS3. I hope thats just a rumor because I will be getting one of the new systems within the next year. Might have to wait until Live 2007 to enjoy the insane graphics capabilities.

No I dont play PC games anymore. They have been doing that for many years on the PC though. I think there was/is a site like that, something like nba-live.com or something.

Anyways, they have them on the PS2 and I am pretty sure XBox as well. You have to be able to get online with them though, thats the only catch. I am waiting for Madden 06 to release its roster update which I believe comes out in a few weeks. What you do is go online with the game system and on the PS2 (dont have an XBox so cant say for sure) you download the roster update to your memory card and then import that as your new rosters.

yep -- they make it VERY easy for you, as soon as you connect to the nba live server, they ask if you would like to update to the latest rosters - im not sure how often they release patches - but i always update every few weeks - it's hard to tell whether the "newest" one is what you have or not.

i know with PS2, it's free to get online - just gotta get the network adapter which i got for $20 i think it was.

and you can play online with anyone and everyone :-D

Doesnt matter for the console anymore either since its just as easy to get roster updates now.....assuming of course that you have the ability to get online with your console. The only advantage to the roster stuff for PCs is all the custom stuff that is made by groups other than from EA. Lots of cool jerseys, tattoo work, shoes, etc.

Quote:

So I dont really worry abou that part, but what I am disappointed in is that I heard they wont be making a version for the X360 or the PS3. I hope thats just a rumor because I will be getting one of the new systems within the next year. Might have to wait until Live 2007 to enjoy the insane graphics capabilities.

Where did you hear that? I don't know about the PS3, but I'm pretty sure that NBA Live and NBA 2K6 will be launch titles for the X360.

I read it on one of the gaming sites a month or two ago. They also said that Madden 06 wont be released for the 360 which I have since confirmed is false, so the same may hold true for NBA Live.

I am almost 100% certain that neither Madden nor NBA Live will be on the PS3 though.

• Admin

I believe they will all be out for the x360 around launch time. It's nothing for them to port those games over and they've already got higher quality textures from the PC versions.

I've seen pics and movies from the "next gen" Madden game for the x360 and it's pretty much insane graphically. I guess it'll be Madden 07. It'll be sick if they can pull it off and have it run smooth.

That next gen that you are talking about for the 360 is the Madden 06 version. Thats that one that they showed all of the commercials for, just as they have with the NBA Live commercials that started the night of the NBA draft.

The graphics on the 360 will be incredible, but they wont compare to the PS3.

• Admin

No it wasn't 06. It's the next gen version. Some of the game sites are using pics from the next-gen version for the x360 version of Madden 06. But it's not correct. It's the one where they're rendering individual snowflakes and such.

won't compare? give me a break. They'll be nearly identical in every way. You're listening to product hype and believing it.

the problem is that they know that if one game comes out weeks before the other (2k6 vs. Live) it will probably sell more units due to impatient, somewhat undecided fans. So if one team releases early, so does the other.

Speaking of Live vs. 2k6, I switched over to the 2k series 4-5 years ago, is there any reason I should switch back to Live. It always seems to arcade-like for me, I prefer a more realistic game. What am I missing out on?

• Admin

What I've been talking about is "Madden Next Gen". Some sites have the pics labeled as Madden 06 for X360. But the screens are obviously NOT Madden 06. Go check gamespot or ign and see for yourself. Some of the screens they show for the x360 version of Madden 06 look INSANE. But they're not the 06 version. They are the same screenshots they use for the PS3 version of "madden next gen". Madden 06 for Xbox 360 will only be slightly better looking than the Ps2/xbox versions.

Regardless of when the PS3 comes out, games that appear on both consoles (ps3/x360) will look basically the same. That's how it's always been. They don't develop seperate versions of the games for each console.