• Raised $390 of $700 target

who got their 360?

chillzatl

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

no offense, but in the years that I've known you on this site, I dont' think i've ever once thought you lived in the same reality that myself and most of the people I know live in. All you do is complain about the way everything is and find something negative in EVERYTHING. Sorry, but that's not life not giving you things to be happy about. that's you choosing to focus on the bad and going out of your way to not recognize the good.

Quote:

no offense, but in the years that I've known you on this site, I dont' think i've ever once thought you lived in the same reality that myself and most of the people I know live in. All you do is complain about the way everything is and find something negative in EVERYTHING. Sorry, but that's not life not giving you things to be happy about. that's you choosing to focus on the bad and going out of your way to not recognize the good.

Wars

high gas prices

poor entertainment (Movies and music both suck these days)

Terrorist attacks

Floods

Hurricanes

What is all this good you see?

In my view america has taken a big turn for the worse over

the last 5-7 years. Perhaps some of that is that I'm just

not so young anymore. It's what I tell my nephews and nieces

not to be in such a hurry to get older.

• Admin

wars - there's always a war going on, always. The US has never not been involved in a conflict somewhere in the world

high gas prices - who cares, gas prices rise and fall all the time. Right now they're pretty cheap again. If this ruins your day, you've got problems..

Movies and music - again, this is your negative outlook. I've seen quite a few movies that I've enjoyed this year and the same goes for music. Maybe it's your inability to find things that you enjoy out of what is available. Simply saying "it sucks" shows that you aren't trying.

Terrorist attacks - Where? I haven't heard about a terrorist attack in the US since 01. If you're talking about elsewhere in the world, get back to reality. Those have been going on for decades. They aren't any more frequent today than they've been in the past.

Floods, hurricains - that's life, that's how it goes. We have floods nad hurricains and earthquakes all around the world, every year. This year is nothing new.

I don't see any real reasons to walk around thinking life sucks..

Movies and music - again, this is your negative outlook. I've seen quite a few movies that I've enjoyed this year and the same goes for music. Maybe it's your inability to find things that you enjoy out of what is available. Simply saying "it sucks" shows that you aren't trying. "

I like music that actually hasgood vocals. That leaves you

out of luck unless you want to listen overproduced souless fluff like usher. Rock has been dead for years... Rap just

isnt for me. Even what I do like new are mainly failing

bands that likely aren't to be around that long.

Movies? recycle recycle that's what you get wth american

movies. Sorta like Batman. Now I hear there is a King Kong

movie coming out... Gee, that's original!

"Floods, hurricains - that's life, that's how it goes. We have floods nad hurricains and earthquakes all around the world, every year. This year is nothing new. "

"

It appears these things get worse. Probably cause of Globel

Warming...

The problem with me is that I'm in the wrong times grin.gif

• Admin

no I think the problem with you is that you choose to see what you want to see and you WANT to see the negative in everything. It wouldn't really matter what was going on around you, you would still find plenty of things to give you a reason to say life sucked.

America is about greedy and money. It shows in sports, music, and peoples attitude about things. Like the guy

above.. His objective of buying the Xbox's was to tell

them and make extra money off of people.

Bottomline is the entertainment is bad.

Already covered hollywood's craze for remakes.

Rock is dead

Soul music is dead

Blues is dead

The things that I enjoy are pretty much dead.

Like I said, it's ok that you have a life you enjoy. I'm

happy for you. But not everybody sees things the way you

and you're friends do.

• Moderators

Actually, rock is doing better now than it has in years, IMO.

Some good albums over the last year put out by:

Beck

Nine Inch Nails

Porcupine Tree

Queens of the Stone Age

The Mars Volta

Audioslave (not a HUGE fan of this one or anything but solid)

Velvet Revolver (same)

Blackfield

Dream Theater

Green Day

Weezer

etc.

I am looking forward to more next year:

Radiohead

Tool

Symphony X

Pineapple Thief

Queensryche

etc.

I think the key is that no matter what kind of music you are into, the good stuff is not always the stuff that is in heavy rotation on tv / radio. I love good hiphop but can't stand the stuff they play on mtv. There is also good indie rock that I like. I actually really like audioslave for some reason. I think it's because that last single has been stuck in my head for a month

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nce&s=music

Checkout these guys. They blow Velvet Revolver out of the

water. Think of The Black Crowes meets AC/DC with alittle

70's Aeromith thrown in there. Read some of the reviews

and preview some of the songs.

They are very young. All in their early 20's and this is

the first album.

I love rock closer to it's more pure form. Not really

a fan of strange rock like Mars Volta`

• Moderators

Thanks for the recommendation. The sound quality of the samples is very poor (20 kbps) but their stuff sounded like some good old-fashioned rock. I'll have to keep my ears open for them and check them out.

Here is the off site... It has alot better quailty samples

and the music starts when you click on the site.

http://www.silvertidemusic.com/host.htm

Doing ok on charts... 1st single made it to the 6th spot and Blue Jeans made it to around the top 10... The third

single has broke the top 20 so far.

Not bad considering they don't really get played alot and

don't have a ton of hype.