• Raised $390 of $700 target

KONG

chillzatl

Well, The extra features was cool.

And that didn't stop you from enjoying Batman did

it?

I'm as tired of remakes as anyone, but it was still a

pretty good movie.

Honestly, it's been YEARS since I've seen Backdraft. But I wonder if they done their own stunslike Joaquin Phoenix

(who is quickly moving up the ranks)did. I doubt it.. Kurt

Russell always was a mediocre actor.

I hear you. I'm actually one of the 9 guys in the country who didn't watch lord of the rings, but I hear jackson does great stuff. I just don't like the general attitude that everyody HAS to go see the latest, most expensive movie every time just because. But that doesn't mean that blockbusters can't be great too. I've heard nothing but good reviews. Plus I like all the actors involved. I'll check it out

Quote:

it's more than just an FX blockbuster. It's a damned good movie, period. Mid-way through the movie, Kong stops being a CGI creation and becomes a character. Their ability to convey emotion thorugh his face and especially his eyes, is ground breaking.

That's my concern for movies like this... That it will sort

of become all looks kinda like alot of video games.

Just got back from watching Kong and I agree with Chillz it was a good film. I think they picked the right guy in Jack Black to play his part as the slick & selfish film director. Yeah they did try to make Kong have human emotions and one point they even had Kong seeming to laugh and humor himself at the woman's expense. The scenes on the island are clearly the best parts of the movie. The Native people were even more hideous than the dinsoaurs. Good movie and good action. I would also like to warned those who haven't seen the movie that Peter Jackson decided to keep it with the orginal film as being set back in the 1920's or 30's. Still that doesn't really take away from the film.

This movie definitely rocks. I just got done seeing it and was quite impressed. The island was by far the best part of the movie, but the emotion behind the movie was outstanding as well. They did a really great job of making you feel sorry for Kong and you can almost feel how he felt about the girl. This was definitely not an overly done CG type movie. Sure there are tons of effects, but they all seem very natural and like they belong. I definitely recommend seeing this flick.

I like the island part in the middle. Other than that, it was kindof slow. The one thing that I saw that made me go WTF was when they were shooting the bugs off of each other and none of them got hit with a bullet. I loved the Kong vs 3 T-Rex scene though and the stampede was really cool too.

• Premium Member

Don't get the wrong Idea, I liked the movie... But damn, it was long.

I guess my experience was tainted by the 15 minutes of commercials at the beginning.

Anywho..

I share some of the same questions I have seen...

Where did the natives go.

Why did the dizy woman have to go all the way to the top of the building?

Did they kill all the bugs?

The velociraptors disappeared too?

How did they get Kong to the boat and where on the boat did they keep him?

Aside from those questions,, I thought the movie was tremendous....

I think they did an amazing job at making kong in to more than just a dumb beast. The humor in the movie was well spread, too. My favorite moment being the look on Kong's face when he's in shackles and chains and sees a blonde woman come up through the stage. That first expression was priceless.

The movie is amazing and the money was well spent. It's rare for me to attend the movies that first come out due to the prices of movies theses days. I will normally wait for the movies to go to the dollar movies. I use to see all the movies that would come out the week they arrived, but I noticed how much money I was starting to waste.

EVERYONE should see Kong.

• Premium Member

They showed the old Kong the other day on TV. Wow Computer Aided Graphics have made such a difference. All while I watched this Kong, it felt like he was real. I mean, down to the teeth being unleveled... The old Kong looked cheezy... And I remember that being a hit!