• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KONG

chillzatl

I watched it yesterday. It was very good although too long. And a couple of the action sequences were a little too crazy.

The early chase scene in the canyon was a joke. Like those big brutes would really run from raptors, who they could swat away like flies. And all the people running between their legs along with the Raptors lol.

And then the T-rex sequence when they all go over the cliff and magically get caught up in vines.

It was cool how they made Kong look like a real gorilla, just oversized.

Somebody asked where the natives went. I would say they probably made themselves scarce after several of them got blown away. And it isn't like they were going to go on the other side of the wall and get eaten.

I think the action scene were just fine and during the stampede they would have run from the Raptors. The Raptors hunt in packs for the most part and normally take down the bigger dinosaurs from their neck.

When it came to the T-Rex I did have some issues, because many times it bit right down on Kong's arm/elbow. The T-Rex would have caused more damage, if not breaking Kong's arm, and that's one of the two problems I have with the movie.

When it came to the length I think it was fine also, but it depends on the person, and passionates. I don't see why it would be any shorter, because if you think of all it consist of it makes sense why it would be over 3 hours long.

The second problem I have with the movie is there was no voyage back to the city, because one wasn't created, and the least thing I think they should have done was shown Kong tided up on the boat from a long distance over head shot.

Overall it was outstanding.

Quote:

I think the action scene were just fine and during the stampede they would have run from the Raptors.

Actually I don't think the stampede would ever happen. Not to get technical but I don't think they could actually run. And they certainly couldn't get away from raptors, they would just smack them around like toys. The whole point of being so big is that you don't have to run.

Not to sound like a Discovery geek but I seriously doubt a raptor would even be able to bite through their skin. After all lions and crocs have a hard time with hippo's skin, even if they are already dead.

Those Brontasaurases(sp)were according to Historians plant eaters. I think they are supposed to be more gentle natured unlike the Raptors. That's why they ran, although I highly doubt they could move that fast.

Quote:

Those Brontasaurases(sp)were according to Historians plant eaters. I think they are supposed to be more gentle natured unlike the Raptors.

Yes and no. Yes they were Brontasaureses but no animal is going to play nice when they are attacked. They used their long tails in self defense, as well as being protected by the herd. Raptors wouldn't have a chance. Even a Trex wouldn't have had much chance against a healthy adult in a herd. those things were just too big and strong.

The challenge for the Brontasaureses was to make it to adulthood. Once there they were fairly safe if they stayed in the herd.