• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

another good deal computer deal

chillzatl

• Admin

They used to be...very bad systems. But over the last year or so they've really improved their quality. While you may have a bad experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, considering the deal. Were it not for the deal I would say go elsewhere. But the deal makes it worthwhile. After all, you can return the system to a local store if you have issues and exchange it.

when we started our company 3 years ago everyone had an eMachine because they were affordable and could be picked up in the store. We still have a couple in circulation for test machines and what not, but they give us nothing but trouble. Granted our Dells that we switched to arent perfect, but they are significantly better machines than the eMachines and very similar deals can be found on them.

• Admin

a few years ago, they were crap. your company should be ashamed for tryign to use them for business purposes. even today, I wouldn't recommend them for that. but their quality has improved a lot over the last few years and for home use, they are perfectly acceptable.

Well this is my company and we didnt have much money to start out with and we had to use what we could get by with, ya know. I still wouldnt trust them for anything other than buying them for a grandmother or young child, but more power to ya if you can deal with them.

• Admin

well again, that's why I posted it. it's not something I'd recommend for a hardcore gamer or for someone to use as a business/soho system. But for someone who needs a good home computer, it's a great deal. They're not Dell. But you aren't going to get a 3ghz performing system from dell, with monitor and printer, for 300 bucks!

No, my company doesnt use Macs. Although a few of the girls at the office would like to use Macs because that is what they are used to. Most big graphic design companies still use Macs, although there is no real reason to use them over PCs. However, since over half of our business is website programming and we do everything in ASP.NET and SQL, we have to use PCs. Not to mention PCs are much cheaper, software is easier to get, and if something breaks its easy to fix.

Quote:

mac's lost that advantage years ago. The only reason any shop would stay mac these days is if that's what they're used to and they don't mind spending more for slower machines.

Or if you think that OSX is the best GUI for FreeBSD... which I do. I don't have a Mac yet, but one of these days I will.

• Moderators

Quote:

Or if you think that OSX is the best GUI for FreeBSD... which I do. I don't have a Mac yet, but one of these days I will.

I don't know what that means but "Dude, I got a Dell!" Seriously, they have run some pretty good package deals lately including flat screen monitors.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know what that means but "Dude, I got a Dell!" Seriously, they have run some pretty good package deals lately including flat screen monitors.

I've got the Dell 24" widescreen LCD display on my desk at home, and I couldn't be more pleased with it!