Biggest White Tail Buck I've Ever Seen

KB21

Hm, I'm late to this thread, and I'm not a hunter, but I don't see what the big deal is.

If you kill a wild animal, at least that animal lived a decent (?) life up to that point. If you buy meat that's packaged in styrofoam and plastic in the store, more likely than not it was even more 'defenseless' than the wild one, and absolutely treated far worse.

I think it is a measure of respect to the animals you eat if you really stop to consider where the meat came from, and don't live in a state of denial. I've killed some animals in a culinary setting before. (Notably eels! Those things are gruesome to kill!)

Quote:

Doing my "Redneck-white trash" voice....."hey c'mon mayne, issa only dangious if yeh izza lil
p*ssy
".

But yes there are quite a few Augusta National Members that quail hunt.

and while im talking in that voice to myself, allow me to let you in on the greatest quote ive ever heard from a real person about Talledega. "hey man!, if it cant be done in 'dega, ..it dont need to be done!!!"

I was trying to make a Cheney hunting accident joke, guess it fell flat smile.gif

On the topic of redneckdom, I think my 'born in GA' genes are starting to become dominant. For the first time in my life, I watched a NASCAR race (Daytona 500.) <i>And I really enjoyed it!</i>

ALRIGHT ZACH!!!!!! Man, I wish more people would actually take the time out to watch NASCAR or even go to a race, before they discredit it and say it sucks. If you have seen it and still dont like it, fair enough. If Tony Stewart hadnt of ran over his jack coming out of the pit, he would have caught up up to Dale Jr and they would have finished 1st and 2nd. Jr just couldnt get anyone to run with him. For those who dont know, Jr and Smoke (stewart) are 'unofficial teammates". Gah I could talk about NASCAR all day!

Quote:

Quote:

Doing my "Redneck-white trash" voice....."hey c'mon mayne, issa only dangious if yeh izza lil
p*ssy
".

But yes there are quite a few Augusta National Members that quail hunt.

and while im talking in that voice to myself, allow me to let you in on the greatest quote ive ever heard from a real person about Talledega. "hey man!, if it cant be done in 'dega, ..it dont need to be done!!!"

I was trying to make a Cheney hunting accident joke, guess it fell flat smile.gif

On the topic of redneckdom, I think my 'born in GA' genes are starting to become dominant. For the first time in my life, I watched a NASCAR race (Daytona 500.) <i>And I really enjoyed it!</i>

NASCAR isn't really a redneck event.. In fact, IMO it's pretty much a corportate business. You can tell it's infected by old white men in business suits.

Most of the NASCAR tracks are generic and it's pretty much one huge game of follow the leader.

Quote:

ALRIGHT ZACH!!!!!! Man, I wish more people would actually take the time out to watch NASCAR or even go to a race, before they discredit it and say it sucks. If you have seen it and still dont like it, fair enough. If Tony Stewart hadnt of ran over his jack coming out of the pit, he would have caught up up to Dale Jr and they would have finished 1st and 2nd. Jr just couldnt get anyone to run with him. For those who dont know, Jr and Smoke (stewart) are 'unofficial teammates". Gah I could talk about NASCAR all day!

I've been to a race or two when I was younger. The problem is the cars go by so fast that all you hear is buzz buzz buzz. Back when I went, Darrell Waltrip was a top driver, so you know it;s been awhile. lol

NASCAR is too overhyped and manufactured now. It's basically in the stage of doing everything it can to appeal to everyone at the cost of just about anything. That's where part of it being maufactured comes in.

Quote:

Most of the NASCAR tracks are generic and it's pretty much one huge game of follow the leader.

See, my impression before watching was that it was just 'follow the leader' and I was amazed at how different it was (at least on the telecast.) It really seems to be a sport of strategy and interpersonal relationships.

Quote:

Obviously you are not a watcher, but thats ok. NASCAR would love to have you as a fan.

Tracks are grouped into categories of tri-ovals, ovals, quad oval, and road courses. They range from 1/2 mile tracks such as bristol, to 2.6 mile tracks such as talladega superspeedway.

Also, banking is very different from track to track. If you knew the days and hours these teams worked developing a car to suit the track, you would know they are anything but generic.

Follow the leader? You must be a Gordon fan!!!!

as someone who grew up watching formula 1, nascar bores the hell out of me. I watched 2-3 races with friends of mine who love it. The only thing it has going for it is the high-tech presentation on TV.

why would you choose to watch races on this track:

atltrackg.jpg

when you could race on tracks like:

f1track_france.gif

or

MC%20seats%20and%20map.gif

I just don't get it. I get that all the fake feuds appeal to the wrestling crowd etc... but I can't see why you'd choose to race on those tracks. What is the most complicated Nascar track?

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously you are not a watcher, but thats ok. NASCAR would love to have you as a fan.

Tracks are grouped into categories of tri-ovals, ovals, quad oval, and road courses. They range from 1/2 mile tracks such as bristol, to 2.6 mile tracks such as talladega superspeedway.

Also, banking is very different from track to track. If you knew the days and hours these teams worked developing a car to suit the track, you would know they are anything but generic.

Follow the leader? You must be a Gordon fan!!!!

"

Obviously you are not a watcher, but thats ok. NASCAR would love to have you as a fan."

Of course the old white business men want any fans they can get. It means more money.

1.There are only two road courses if I'm not mistaken. Sears point and Watkins Glen. Some of the others like Pocono and Martinsville are alittle different. But basically, you're turning left, left, left.

Quote:

as someone who grew up watching formula 1, nascar bores the hell out of me. I watched 2-3 races with friends of mine who love it. The only thing it has going for it is the high-tech presentation on TV.

why would you choose to watch races on this track:

atltrackg.jpg

when you could race on tracks like:

f1track_france.gif

or

MC%20seats%20and%20map.gif

I just don't get it. I get that all the fake feuds appeal to the wrestling crowd etc... but I can't see why you'd choose to race on those tracks. What is the most complicated Nascar track?

Sears Point or Watkins Glen. Bristol is also very prone to alot of crashes.