My DVD collection... What do you think?

Plainview1981

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to tell you, but when I go to that page, I get this message:

Private Collection

This user has chosen to keep their online collection private.

If you are this user and would like to change this option, please visit the My Collection Options page and adjust the Visibility setting.

Quote:

Private Collection

If you are this user and would like to change this option, please visit the My Collection Options page and adjust the Visibility setting.

Now try it.

Quote:

Quote:

Private Collection

Now try it.

I think I got too much filler. Crap like Rollerball and Ready to Rumble was my nephew's idea. I've really just started to build my collection this year. I'm spending more of movies now than I am games.

Guess collecting movies is becoming a hobby. I need more classics though.

• Moderators

Quote:

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/rocknblues81

Some good stuff (note that you can sort these alphabetically).

However, I have to wonder why no Terminator 1 when you have the excellent sequel and crappy third volume of the series? It is dated but still worthwhile - especially to complete the series.

• Admin

I loved the third, I thought it was on par with the first two. Not as raw as the original. But without the annoying kid in the 2nd.

Keep in mind, hotlanta has wack movie tastes. He'll diss a classic movie then put something like Roadhouse in his top 10.

Quote:

I loved the third, I thought it was on par with the first two. Not as raw as the original. But without the annoying kid in the 2nd.

Keep in mind, hotlanta has wack movie tastes. He'll diss a classic movie then put something like Roadhouse in his top 10.

Umm.. how is Roadhouse not a classic? Dalton is one of the best characters of all time.

Quote:

When did this happen? The only reason I like Roadhouse really is because of the Jeff Healy band. What classic have I dissed?

Quote:

Quote:

When did this happen? The only reason I like Roadhouse really is because of the Jeff Healy band. What classic have I dissed?

Just bought Killer Klowns from Outer Space off ebay for 6 bucks on DV. Need to add it to my list.

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/rocknblues81

Some good stuff (note that you can sort these alphabetically).

However, I have to wonder why no Terminator 1 when you have the excellent sequel and crappy third volume of the series? It is dated but still worthwhile - especially to complete the series.

Because I got 3 off ebay for 6 bucks brand new. It's not as good as the first two, but it's still solid.

did you look around for dvd listing websites? I'm looking around right now to find the best. It would be cool if you could see the covers on the list itself. Did you just take the first one you found or did it seem to be the best?

Just curious

Quote:

did you look around for dvd listing websites? I'm looking around right now to find the best. It would be cool if you could see the covers on the list itself. Did you just take the first one you found or did it seem to be the best?

Just curious

Well, you can go here:

http://www.collectorz.com/movie/dvd_collec...d=dvd_collector

It's limited to 50 movies free... After that, you got to buy it for 40 bucks. One thing I don't like about the site I have is that it doesn't show what I rated the movies.

When you install the program you tell where you bought the movie, the date, and you rate the movie... But it doesn't show that info on the page. confused.gif

hell no I'm not paying for this service.

I was actually looking and found

www.dvdspot.com

It has the pictures, but it actually distracts somewhat. It doesn't show them if you are listing all your movies.

I think I'll use dvdspot actually.

None of them are perfect anyhow

I'll update with my collection ... possibly today!

Quote:

hell no I'm not paying for this service.

I was actually looking and found

www.dvdspot.com

It has the pictures, but it actually distracts somewhat. It doesn't show them if you are listing all your movies.

I think I'll use dvdspot actually.

None of them are perfect anyhow

I'll update with my collection ... possibly today!

I just tried that one and didn't like it too much. I think I'll stick with dvdprofiler

Ok, here's mine

Obviously it's mine and the wife's, which explains all the chick flicks. I never realized how many I had until I made this list by the way. Also, the Who's The Boss season 1 is obviously a gag gift. But hey, that's what sisters are for.

Let me know what you think. You can change the results per page to all if you want to see them all without the pics

As it turns out, Steve Buscemi is my most recurring actor, with 7 movies. I'm all for that.

No, I haven't. In the last two weeks I've collected:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Capote

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Transporter 2

Evil Dead 2:Dead by Dawn

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

North Counrty

T2

T3

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

The Woodsman

Hostel

Land of the Dead

I took Something New back and got my money back. Figured I'd pick it up later... I just didn't think it would be worth 22 bucks.

Obviousally, I've seen a few of these.... But I haven't watched any of them since I bought them yet.

We have 9 of the same movies and that's it. lol

I understand about family... My nephew and niece are responsable for duds like Rollerball, Steel Mag, Dirty Dancing, Ready to Rumble. Some of these were gifts and some I actually bought for them.

But you know how teens are these days... Movies are disposable just like music to so many teens nowdays. So I end up keeping them.

Not that I haven't picked some duds...

Wrong Turn, Bringing Out The Dead, Next of Kin, Any Given Sunday and Bad Santa are my fault.