• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WoW

drzachary

Quote:

c'mon man, Leroy is soooo last year. Have you seen 50 DPS MINUS??

I think you mean DKP! smile.gif That is also hilarious.

Quote:

I refuse to never ever, ever ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever play WoW again! nawmene?

Did it destroy your life first time around?

That happened to a friend of mine (well, a best friend of my gf's mostly, but a friend of mine as well). It was really awful. He literally stopped talking to everyone outside his WoW-circle for about 8 months. My gf finally intervened by getting the gate code to his apartment complex (he had moved to a new place too) and spawncamping, er, camping outside his door.

• Admin

no, I just realised what a pointless life sink it is. I have several friend who were and are completely addicted to the game. They've completely stopped communicating with anyone who doesn't play the game in their guild. I have coworkers who play the game, I [censored] you not, 6-8+ hours on week nights and 14+ hours on weekends. The bad part is that they have been doing this since the game was released. They have several 60's already, all the "hawt itams", tons of pvp rank and all that. yet they keep playing!

The game is just such a scam IMO. You spend all this time (and money) doing the same things over and over and over again ([censored] GRINDING) to obtain items that do not exist outside of azeroth! It's maddness I tell you!

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

c'mon man, Leroy is soooo last year. Have you seen 50 DPS MINUS??

I think you mean DKP! smile.gif That is also hilarious.

For someone who understands the basic concept of the game but has never seen it, what does it mean to see 50 DKP Minus? Is this a video or something?

Quote:

no, I just realised what a pointless life sink it is. I have several friend who were and are completely addicted to the game. They've completely stopped communicating with anyone who doesn't play the game in their guild. I have coworkers who play the game, I [censored] you not, 6-8+ hours on week nights and 14+ hours on weekends. The bad part is that they have been doing this since the game was released. They have several 60's already, all the "hawt itams", tons of pvp rank and all that. yet they keep playing!

The game is just such a scam IMO. You spend all this time (and money) doing the same things over and over and over again ([censored] GRINDING) to obtain items that do not exist outside of azeroth! It's maddness I tell you!

My vice was Diablo 2, but that only lasted until I got in good with folks that were coding the earliest bot programs. Before you know it, the only time I was sinking was selling items on eBay for work that I wasn't physically doing. Although I did waste a good bit of time pvp'ing, I must admit.

WC3 was the last time consuming PC game I've played and while I can spend an hour or two setting up/researching my fantasy teams, that pales in comparison to the marathons that are typical with MMORPGs.

• Admin

here's the wiki on DKP:

DKP

in WoW when people run these raid instances, you are usually on voice communication so you can talk. Well, in this video the lead guy and presumably the guild leader, is directing everyone on what to do. Well at some point, someone screws up and draws some monsters into the battle that they could and should have avoided and the dude flips out and starts screaming at them. The fact that he's screaming at this is only partly funny. The animation that someone created to go along with it is what makes it really funny, at least to me.

Here's the youtube:

50 dkp minus!

• Premium Member

I played WoW until recently. I have played MMORPGs since Ultima Online went live over ten years ago. I played Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes...just about every major MMO except Anarchy Online heh.

I stopped playing WoW when I got tired of spending all of my freetime stuck in a treadmill just to try and stay competitive with the uber gear whores in PVP. Screw that. I am waiting for Warhammer Online and Age of Conan, mostly Warhammer, which should be much better PVP games.

That minus fifty DKP audio clip is hilarious. I remember when that first came out. More dots, more dots, more dots! Hit it like you mean it! lol I still love that one.

• Premium Member

Nope which is a shame, I was a pen and paper roleplayer for many years in the 80's and 90's. From what I heard about DDO it was so not my kind of game: only one city, no crafting, you MUST group in order to do anything, no real world to explore just instanced quests, etc. Not my cup of tea. I like being able to solo or duo (my wife plays MMOs with me) and explore a world and have PVP as an option. PVP is so much more fun and challenging than just beating up Random Orc 312278738 that never changes what it does.

• Admin

DDO was a huge let down for me. I pre-ordered it, downloaded teh client, got to play in the pre-release...and got bored with it before my boxed copy ever arrived. It was the most disappointing delivery ever. I got this box from UPS and was like "whhaaa??" opened it and it was DDO, I was bummed.

I'm waiting for huxley now. Hopefully it will have the right feel.

Quote:

Nope which is a shame, I was a pen and paper roleplayer for many years in the 80's and 90's. From what I heard about DDO it was so not my kind of game: only one city, no crafting, you MUST group in order to do anything, no real world to explore just instanced quests, etc. Not my cup of tea. I like being able to solo or duo (my wife plays MMOs with me) and explore a world and have PVP as an option. PVP is so much more fun and challenging than just beating up Random Orc 312278738 that never changes what it does.

I'm a huge PnP player now.. Started in 2000, now I run a bi-monthly game for some friends. DDO captures the essence of the pnp game pretty well, and due to that it, you can't really solo or PvP. One issue that WoW continually faces is balancing classes vs each other, so you can have 'fair' PvP. In DDO, everyone has weaknesses, you need a team to accomplish anything, just like PnP.

I do wish there was a huge world to explore though. It's heavy on the dungeons, obviously. Part of why I love WoW is the walking around aspect of it.