• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Jimi Hendrix the most overrated musician ever?

Plainview1981

Quote:

I've gone past the point of carrying what you think simply because you make no sense. Again, too much drugs have messed up your brain. I'm done conviced of that. There's nothing more that you and I need to discuss.

See, you spell caring with one R and no Y. And you should have said "too many" And I think your last sentence was country grammar. Whatever. You proved yourself. Too embarrased after that Chuck Berry thing right?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I've gone past the point of carrying what you think simply because you make no sense. Again, too much drugs have messed up your brain. I'm done conviced of that. There's nothing more that you and I need to discuss.

See, you spell caring with one R and no Y. And you should have said "too many" And I think your last sentence was country grammar. Whatever. You proved yourself. Too embarrased after that Chuck Berry thing right?

You lost all credibility with ranting comments that make no sense. Calling yourself "Stop the Hop" doesn't really help the cause at all.

Go get some help.

*Edit*

You know what I find to be the most tragic? If your mom had swallowed you wouldn't have wasted so much of my time.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Would it be fair to say that Hendrix is to musicianship what Bob Dillon is to vocalization

I think that is damning Hendrix with faint praise.

ACCEPTED-- Beauty or genius is in the eye or ear of the beholder. I have seen tapes of Hendrix shows and I have talked to some who have been at the concerts (on drugs and not on drugs) and they all agree what a spellbinding presence he had. I don't get it with Dillon. His current interviews reveal him to be much shallower than the alter his scribes have exalted him to.

Have you seen the All Along the Watchtower video?

I want to apologize for any assumptions that I have made. I tried not to read Hotlantas whole posts as they seemed juvenile. Now that I know differently, wow!

I could quote all that crap he said about Jimi and the glowing remarks he had for Chuck Berry. But you can all read.

He was using that as his primary attack on Jimi. That he beat women and had no soul because of it.

Meanwhile, he praises Chuck Berry. For those who don't know Chuck got caught filming women in his restaurant bathroom.

He offers nothing then talks about my mom. Real class guy!

I just wanted an honest argument. This guy is weak. I'm dissapointed no one has called him out on some obvious evasive and silly attacks.

Quote:

I don't know if I am an idiot but I am a big music fan and played several different instruments for about 12 years. I am not a fan of Dylan's voice, but think he is a legendary song writer. From All Along the Watchtower, I like most of his songs when performed by others better.

That said, there are still plenty of Dylan songs I do love (performed by him) and his voice isn't such a turnoff for me that I can't enjoy him singing.

People have different views on vocals and some people are just going to like some vocalists and dislike others. I suspect not everyone is a big fan of every singer and there are going to be people out there who just listen to someone like Geddy Lee and don't like it. Others will. To each their own.

lol I see the 20 year old pimple faced kid is still trying to make some sense. Seriousally, have you ever heard anybody else link Stephon Marbury's basketball game to rock music? lol who does that? grin.gif

Seriousally, I don't see how somebody can actually get through life being such an intelligible lightweight.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of his stuff. However, I don't think he is all that he's hyped up to be. Maybe he was back in the day... But that was then.

i think he was sloppy and lacked technique abit... He played a form of the blues with some effects. Not that I can't appericate that, but is he really worth all the hype?

I believe he and Cobain are the two most overrated musicians ever. And don't talk to be about "soul" Jimi bashed women's heads into the floor. That doesn't sound like a soulful man to me. In fact, anything but.

Moreover, I think he's given some extra credit because he died at an early age. It's easy to say that he would have accomplished so much more had he lived... But nobody knows for sure either way.

Just as I said, the creativeness for an singer/guitar often doesn't last that long. It's the samething with Randy Rhoades whom I also like.

Lastly, his music just doesn't sound as refreshing anymore. Not because it's old, but it's just not as refreshing. Take a guy like Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder.

Take Mercy Mercy Me for instance... It's relevant more than ever before:

Oh, oh, mercy, mercy me

Oh, things ain't what they used to be, no, no

Where did all the blue skies go?

Poison is the wind that blows from the north and south and east

Oh, mercy, mercy me

Oil wasted on the oceans and upon our seas fish full of mercury

Oh, oh, mercy, mercy me

Radiation underground and in the sky

Animals and birds who live near by are dying

Oh, mercy, mercy me

Oh, things ain't what they used to be

What about this overcrowded land?

How much more abuse from man can she stand?

Hoo - oh no - oh my my my

Quote:

I want to apologize for any assumptions that I have made. I tried not to read Hotlantas whole posts as they seemed juvenile. Now that I know differently, wow!

I could quote all that crap he said about Jimi and the glowing remarks he had for Chuck Berry. But you can all read.

He was using that as his primary attack on Jimi. That he beat women and had no soul because of it.

Meanwhile, he praises Chuck Berry. For those who don't know Chuck got caught filming women in his restaurant bathroom.

He offers nothing then talks about my mom. Real class guy!

I just wanted an honest argument. This guy is weak. I'm dissapointed no one has called him out on some obvious evasive and silly attacks.

I never said that Berry is the most soulful man ever. Moreover, I don't consider being a peeping tom as bad as woman abuser. Pretty sick? Maybe. but I don't think it compares with slamming women's heads into the ground.

Being that you're probably a 20 year old punk that doesn't really understand anything it's not a surprise that you fail to see the difference.

My problem is that Jimi Hendrix is not the godfather of Rock... No matter how much people want to act like he is. It's simply not the truth. While Hendrix inspired alot of people, where would he be without the ones before him?

I know this probably p!sses you off cause your one of those 20 year old's that rides the bandwagon of guys like Jimi and Led Zeppelin all the time. It's the hip thing to do nowdays.

But, I want to go back to Stevie for a second... You claim that he's not a real blues guy because he just jams. That's a big part of what blues music is about... The feeling you get from the playing.

The truth is that you don't understand blues music at all. The blues comes from the guitar. The music speaks louder than the words do. That's why I believe your a 20 year old punk that rides the bandwagon of hyping Jimi and Led all the time.

Probably wearing your very own Led Zeppelin shirt as I speak.

Everyone, I've already told this @sshole that I'm 32. I listened to a lot of things. U2 was my favorite band growing up. I listen to a lot of Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Beck, Blur, Neil young, Chili Peppers and Jimi obviously among others.

I can prove what Chuck did.

No one can prove that Jimi beat anyone. What kind of punk says thing like that time and again with no proof?

This guy said he would rather listen to Warrant than Nirvana. He means it thats what is so sad. Probably a dead head or Phishfool.

By the way Led Zep is not on my radar. I've rocked them a lot and I certainly dig their bassist. Mr. Jones produced some R.E.M.that i was into. But the Screaming Banshee that is Robert Plant really overdid it. And Page certainly carved his own niche but they seemed to have no heart.

Quote:

Everyone, I've already told this @sshole that I'm 32. I listened to a lot of things. U2 was my favorite band growing up. I listen to a lot of Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Beck, Blur, Neil young, Chili Peppers and Jimi obviously among others.

I can prove what Chuck did.

No one can prove that Jimi beat anyone. What kind of punk says thing like that time and again with no proof?

This guy said he would rather listen to Warrant than Nirvana. He means it thats what is so sad.

I've already told you... I don't listen to loser whiney white boy music from a 27 year old druggie that blew his own brains out and liked to whine about his high school years.

I know you'll probably tell me that he was murdered. Honestly, I could careless. One less depressed loser spewing out rubbish. Anybody that would marry Courtney Love would have to be a loser. A bad taste in women was only part of his problem.

Everyone, I've already told this @sshole that I'm 32.[/]

And you lied. You listen to punk music, you act and talk like a punk amd you don't understand much of anything. Typical for a teen. Your mind isn't that of a 32 year old and that's what matters.

U2

Enough said. I've already told you how it is. You can either like it, or you can hate it... But your a loser just like Kurt Cobain was.

Quote:

This is HawkSquawk you
dumb%s#.
I was trying to make a comp. someone might get. I was equating selfish play with selfish play on the court. I like people who make songs. Pieces of art. Albums. not people who jam and sing stupid lyrics.

Learn to spell for God's sake!

P.S. I do that. Because I'm smarter than you.

Boring depressive drivel doesn't really count as good lyrics. Second of all, lyrics have and always will be overrated when it comes to music. And you want to know why?

Simply put, words don't mean a whole lot. ESP when most of these guys are druggies. Really, who gets inspired by words written by druggies? It really doesn't make alot of sense if you really think about it.

Music is about instruments and not as much lyrics.

I was equating selfish play with selfish play on the court.

Do you even know what your talking about? Your sentence doesn't make any sense. Lay off the drugs. If you reply with one more post that doesn't make sense, I'm simply going to put you on my ignore list.

If you got such a hard on for lyrics, go read poems. I'd rather talk about music. You know, instruments, the biggest part of music.

Maybe you should just go back to listening to your lame white boy punk rock.

U2 was my favorite band growing up. I listen to a lot of Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Beck, Blur, Neil young, Chili Peppers and Jimi obviously among others

Blur

Nerd Band

Pearl Jam

A few songs... But there's so much better bands in rock history.

Sonic Youth

Another sissy nerd punk band.

Beastie Boys

lol. Your kidding, right?

Three words...

White Rap Group

Enough said.

Your taste in music seems to mostly be related to sissy punk rock bands... I'd say your taste in music is about as bad as Cobain's taste in women.

Punk is stupid and lame. Not only that, but it is mostly played by dorks. Also, Punk and grunge are the reasons rock isn't even considered to be a serious genre by most people anymore. No wonder people listen to mainstream hip hop.

It's better than listening to a bunch of dull white guys playing whiney loser music that most people wouldn't be caught dead listening to.

Yes, I'd rather even listen to mainstream hip hop before I would crummy bands like Blur.

Try listening to some music that actually has balls.

not to knit-pick or anything, but couldn't you also consider the blues to be all whining, depressed alcoholics? crazy.gif

can instromental play by druggies or alcoholics be more inspirational than their lyrics? i think heavy drug usage is pretty rampant across all of the music industry, regardless of the genre. that's a pretty well documented fact.

Quote:

not to knit-pick or anything, but couldn't you also consider
the blues
to be all whining, depressed alcoholics?
crazy.gif

can instromental play by druggies or alcoholics be more inspirational than their lyrics? i think heavy drug usage is pretty rampant across all of the music industry, regardless of the genre. that's a pretty well documented fact.

Not totally. I listen to blues mainly for guitar playing. Moreover, the problem with hearing white people play whiney music is because they don't have much reason. American white people have it better than anyone else.

What do white people really have to whine about?

Rock Music is mostly entertainment though. There's only so much you really should put into it. Take country music singers for instance.... They sing about being poor, or being an everyday guy, but then they live in mansions like the rest and my sister (Who digs country) has met several country singer and they're just as stuck up.

That's why I ask.... How can somebody say one artist is more soulful than the other? I've never had that explained to me. Nobody can... And that's simply because it makes no sense.

can instromental play by druggies or alcoholics be more inspirational than their lyrics?

I don't really look at way. Rock music is supposed entertain.

The bottomline though is that I don't really care to hear people whine that really have no reason to whine. But do it to wallow in their own self pity.

I'd done past that part of my life. Kurt Cobain was like 27 when died and he still hadn't got over it.

You can nit pick all you want... Just as long as you make more sense than that other guy. grin.gif

Quote:

yeah, when it comes down to it, it's all about entertainment.

It's a huge part. That's why I say people put too much into lyrics. Like I said, I don't good lyrics in rock as long as the lyrics are supported by top notch musciains.

Guys like John Fogerty and Jackson Browne write good lyrics.. But they're very good all round.

I still can't believe that joker insists that SRV is bad guitar player and Page has no heart. But at the sametime he is Hawking dweeb bands like Blur. Laughable.

Thankfully, most people that know music don't agree with him about Page and SRV. grin.gif

For those who don't know the Beasties are a band. They play instruments. Unlike Hotlanta. And Blur was like the biggest band in the world on the other side of the pond. What a novice. And geek-rock is too cool for you. It's about being who you are. Not caring about labels. So, if Elvis Costello, Neil Young, The Talking Heads, etc... are geek-rock, then what is Johny Lang? Tool-blues?

And learn how to SPELL!!!! How can you even use your computer? You listen to the Eagles, don't you?

It's people like you that give Atlanta a bad rap in the sports world. You are an idiot. That's why you're not outraged with all this losing. You're a loser. You probably never played any sports in your life, much less now. I went to this site looking for intelligent sports discussion with a sense of humor. And I find some D&D loser that can't spell and is obviously tone deaf giving off lies and hearsay as fact about a great musician. I listen to more bands and solo artists than you can even count. I am amazed people still respond to you. Please ignore me, as I will be talking Hawks all year. We don't need idiots like you bringing us down anymore. You weren't even born here were you?