• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Jimi Hendrix the most overrated musician ever?

Plainview1981

Quote:

It's people like you that give Atlanta a bad rap in the sports world. You are an idiot. That's why you're not outraged with all this losing. You're a loser. You probably never played any sports in your life, much less now. I went to this site looking for intelligent sports discussion with a sense of humor. And I find some D&D loser that can't spell and is obviously tone deaf giving off lies and hearsay as fact about a great musician. I listen to more bands and solo artists than you can even count. I am amazed people still respond to you. Please ignore me, as I will be talking Hawks all year. We don't need idiots like you bringing us down anymore. You weren't even born here were you?

lol. If you knew my history here you would know I've been more outraged with the losing than anybody else at this board. I think most everybody would tell you that. Ask anybody here.

I've never even considered putting anybody on the ignore list, despite the arguments that I've gotten into on here. You'll be the first.

In fact, I'm not even on here nowhere near as much as I used to be... But the time I do get, I'm not going to spend talking with a rambling fool that makes no sense.

I'm sorry that you're a b@stard child... But go take it out on somebody else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen man. I'm offering an agree to disagree truce. That was one of the first things I read and I don't feel you had the right to say things like somone beats women with no evidence. At least offer an article or some evidence. That's all I want. I overeacted and made assumptions. I apologize for such a petty argument. Not knowing each other we can't possibly understand each others tastes in music. I don't agree with a lot of people. That's o.k. I have never heard this about Jimi. If you have any evidence I honestly would like to know the source. Again, my apologies.

Quote:

Listen man. I'm offering an agree to disagree truce. That was one of the first things I read and I don't feel you had the right to say things like somone beats women with no evidence. At least offer an article or some evidence. That's all I want. I overeacted and made assumptions. I apologize for such a petty argument. Not knowing each other we can't possibly understand each others tastes in music. I don't agree with a lot of people. That's o.k. I have never heard this about Jimi. If you have any evidence I honestly would like to know the source. Again, my apologies.

I did have some article that suggested this on my other computer before it blew up last year. It's also pretty good guess that he was drug abuser so it makes these things more possible.

Here's something about Jimi pretending to be g@y to get out of the war:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/display/?id=1...urce=r_oddities

Maybe I should have noted that it's claims made that he was a woman abuser. However, with the drug use and all I'm more likely to believe it than not to believe it.

My point was to suggest that Hendrix isn't anymore soulful that most other artists. It's just insane. Rock artists look for money and fame. A bulk of them play/sing for pretty much the samething. I think most everything else is probably considered icing on the cake to them. That's a part of why they become rock stars.

I like good writers like Fogerty and Browne. I enjoy lyrics time to time... But I also enjoy music that can just allow you to have a good time. I can't figure why some feel it has to be one way or another.

I'm not a fan of bubble gum rubbish like Britney Spears or anything, but part of rock is to have a good time. I mean, you do know what rock n roll orginally means don't you?

Back to Jimi... I can understand and that he appricate that he took rock to a new level... But he didn't invent it. Alot of guys took from him, but he took from the guys before him aswell. Everybody has influences.

As I said, I don't think there is truly a greatest guitarist ever. It's a matter of who likes who. I mean, how would you really break down who is the greatest guitarist ever? I think it's hard because most have a weakness somewhere.

Jimi isn't the most cleanest player ever.

Page-I've heard he is sloppy live and infront of the live show that isn't a great thing.

Stevie-Not the most creative guitarist ever.

Eddie Van Halen-Tends to play fast too much and lost some of his creative drive around 1986.

Angus Young-Many people like him even though he plays the same song and 3 cords over and over again.

Just a few examples. There's a weakness for almost any naysayer to call a guitarist out on. Simply, it's just about who you like and who you don't.

I'm moving on. But it's good if we get the hard feelings out of the way, because if you hang arond here long enough, you'll see it can get over into the main forum and it becomes a big feud that sometimes overshadows the basketball.

Good luck and enjoy your stay here. cool.gif