• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Xbox 360

RAHMOR

Quote:

Mainly I stick to sports games... Which leaves Nintendo even more out of it. I doubt I'd have much interest in their cartoonish sports games.

madden is not a cartoonish sports games...nintendo has mario strikers and mario golf, which are fun, but they also have madden/nba live/nba2k7/winning 11/etc

and the controls are much better...u can juke left/right or hurdle or stiff arm by moving the controller

but the truth is that nobody on here really knows if they are or not. From the video I watched where they were playing Madden with the wii it looked overly complicated and dramatic just to do the simple things with the game.

I can't wait to see how many people actually throw their controller while attempting to throw a pass or make a pitch or shoot the basketball.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that the wii will flop, but I think it will have very limited success from the initial sales and then from die hards only.

There is just now way the wii can compete with the 360's ability to do so many things, including being an HD-DVD player and Media Center Extender and more. Plus, you can say that graphics are trumped by gameplay and for some that might be true, but if you give me Madden that can truly come to life on a high def tv versus a slightly better than ps2 version I know which one I would take hands down.

Quote:

Quote:

Mainly I stick to sports games... Which leaves Nintendo even more out of it. I doubt I'd have much interest in their cartoonish sports games.

madden is not a cartoonish sports games...nintendo has mario strikers and mario golf, which are fun, but they also have madden/nba live/nba2k7/winning 11/etc

and the controls are much better...u can juke left/right or hurdle or stiff arm by moving the controller

I don't see the big deal... ESP not enough to shell out money when I already paid the money for the system I have. It makes no sense.

lastly, it;s like I said. I moved on from Nintendo. I need a bigger reason to shell out money for a probably inferior system than a control. Sorry, that just isn't good enough.

I agree that when I read all of the stuff Nintendo released about their new controller design that I got excited about the potential there. In fact it was enough to make me give some serious thought into getting back into the Nintendo market, which I only left because Squaresoft had signed exclusively with Sony and I am a diehard FF fan.

Otherwise, the prospect of having complete control of nearly all movements in any game format with a motion sensitive controller is enough for me to more than likely buy a Wii along with a PS3. It's too bad that Nintendo scrapped (or are they going through with it?) the plans to make the entire controller (direction pad, abxy buttons) motion sensitive. The thought of being able to swing the controller like a tennis racket, throw it like a football, or turn it like a steering wheel to control a game is pretty major though, and I agree that you can only push graphics to a certain point.

• Admin

but I'm on the other side. I saw the video of Madden and I thought it looked great. The question is will it be something people play all the time or something you only break out when you have people over?

I think the Wii will be a total success. They'll sell every unit they have to sell for a long time to come.

$250 with 5 games

they wanted to sell for $200 but retail stores said they wanted 'basket value' higher to increase Q4 revenues, so they upped the price

and IMO, u will get more immersed in a game if the controls are more natural than from the graphics...

to me, if i wanna stiff arm the guy on my right, i'd rather just throw my right arm out than hit r1+y

controller has wriststrap so u don't throw it across the room

as for "very limited success"...it's gonna sell at least 8 million by march

it's VERY possible that there will be more Wiis than 360s sold WorldWide by March even tho 360 had a year headstart

and it's the console for EVERYONE...u tell ur parents about it and they get excited...they are showing it at AARP shows to great reactions...u have it COMPLETELY backwards when u say for die hards only...

Quote:

$250 with 5 games

they wanted to sell for $200 but retail stores said they wanted 'basket value' higher to increase Q4 revenues, so they upped the price

and IMO, u will get more immersed in a game if the controls are more natural than from the graphics...

to me, if i wanna stiff arm the guy on my right, i'd rather just throw my right arm out than hit r1+y

I believe it is the first Nintendo console not to retail for $199!

I've heard the Madden game is really fun.

Quote:

yeah, they had an entire studio dedicated solely to wii controls for madden 07 and went through countless focus group tests and retests

btw, my wii preorders are selling for $560 on ebay, so people want this system!

ign today said Call of Duty 3 handles WONDERFULLY on the wii

Wow.. I am probably not going to get one if all of the systems will be sold out smile.gif

Quote:

target in alpharetta and cumming both get 60 in stock

others in atlanta will have 24-40ish

if u go maybe an hour before opening sunday, u should be able to get one

u just can't expect to waltz in at 2pm and find one sitting on the shelf

Well, I've made my decision. I'm not going to get a Wii until I beat a certain number (picked by a random roll of the dice) of the videogames I have that I have never completed. (I also picked which games randomly by putting them into a spreadsheet and rolling dice again.)

I ended up with:

Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

Super Mario Sunshine

Final Fantasy X

Resident Evil 4

Skies of Arcadia (gamecube version)

I should be busy for a while.

Quote:

btw, my wii preorders are selling for $560 on ebay, so people want this system!

just had one sell for $750!

the average price also seems to be going higher as we get closer to launch day!

if i were u, i'd pick up a few when u go sunday morning (bring friends/wife/etc), as they will sell-out by midday and then will go for profit on ebay