• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playstation 3 - Always on...

Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I played with the Wii for a few hours this past weekend at a friends house and it was a blast. There's no way in hell the system will be forgotten and I wouldn't be surprised if, a year from now, the Wii is the clear 2nd place winner in the console market.

What order do you expect them to go? I think this generation will be more balanced than the last with Nintendo and the Microsoft both taking a larger portion of the market share from Sony. That said, I would still expect the Playstation to be the biggest player in the long run.

Wasn't the Dreamcast also highly praised? What happend to it? I stopped buying new systems for a while and quit playing anything new so I never even played Dreamcast.

But I remember that it once had alot of hype and praise.

The Dreamcast was an outstanding system but they lost credibility in the market when they prematurely shelved the Sega Saturn and never truly recovered. When the PS2 and XBox came out, it was game over for Sega in the console market.

I don't think any of the new consoles have the kinds of problems with backing that Sega had.

All I'm saying is that mainly what is said about Wii is the controller... I've heard the games aren't all that great. I can't understand buying a system for a control... There is also the thing that is cheaper. That's not a huge issue with me.

I do believe the love of the controller will die down. What's so great about the system after that?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find this very very amusing

hotlanta, more than anyone on here, goes by what other people think...he looks at box scores and game writeups for his hawks' opinions...he looks at a video game forum for his wii/ps3/360 opinion...he goes with the 360, which has been the 'cool' system for 'hardcore' gamer...he doesn't watch hawks games himself or play the game systems himself...just goes by what other people wrote...

but then he says we are all sheep and just follow what we hear...

hilarious

as for the real discussion here, i predict the Wii will outsell the 360 and the ps3...360 can't sell in asia (gamecube outsold it there this year), which hurts its sales numbers...

but regardless of how u feel about the 'gamer market' split-up, which is what u guys are referring to, wii will be the system that gets the 'non-gamer market'...

so ps3/360 can get 80% of the 'gamer market' that they've all shared in the past and wii can get only 20%, but wii will still sell the most consoles because it will sell to the non-gamer market whereas the other 2 won't

we can revisit this thread in a year or two when wii has a solid lead if u'd like

Sony themselves stated that Wii is more fun than PS3 for games:

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution"

Also, both MS and Sony publicly endorse a Wii60 or PSWii combo for gamers...

"So gamers will already have a very good understanding of what PlayStation 3 offers versus what Wii offers and many of them will probably have both devices"

• Admin

I just took a long look in the mirror and I liked what I saw. I need to get back in the gym though. What reality were you expecting me to see? I'm not a negative sour puss, so don't expect me to see rain and clouds. It's all sunshine and lollipops where I'm sitting.

It hasn't been done with handheld games, you're talking out of your ass. The fact is, like so many things that you have absolute opinions of, you know nothing about it. You decided some time ago that, because it's hyped, you'll be the Anti-hype and just dislike it for spite.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why something that is quite obviously original, is..original. You'll have to come out of your well of despair and figure that one out for yourself.

• Admin

I think the ps3 is a lame duck. Sure it's going to sell, but Sony blew it big time. They don't have the head start, they don't have the better console and they don't have the exclusive developers that they've had in the past. There is so little reason, with the exception of a few exclusive titles (mgs, gran turismo, god of war) that could possible motivate anyone to spend 2x over a wii or 360. There will be people that do it, sure, but they've got a long road ahead of them.

Quote:

I just took a long look in the mirror and I liked what I saw. I need to get back in the gym though. What reality were you expecting me to see? I'm not a negative sour puss, so don't expect me to see rain and clouds. It's all sunshine and lollipops where I'm sitting.

It hasn't been done with handheld games, you're talking out of your ass. The fact is, like so many things that you have absolute opinions of, you know nothing about it. You decided some time ago that, because it's hyped, you'll be the Anti-hype and just dislike it for spite.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why something that is quite obviously original, is..original. You'll have to come out of your well of despair and figure that one out for yourself.

I was wondering about the handheld game thing.. Wouldn't a motion-sensitive handheld game device be hard to use? You'd have a hard time seeing the screen if you were moving the thing all around.

Quote:

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution that can also be used to prepare fried eggs, pancakes, sausage and a wide variety of other breakfast items"

FYP

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution that can also be used to prepare fried eggs, pancakes, sausage and a wide variety of other breakfast items"

FYP

I heard the Xbox360 makes the best corndogs, though, due to the even heating distribution over the entire dog (which is why they named it the 360 - I think).

well done, zac and ahf

yeah, ps3s lack of exclusives is gonna hurt it; i could easily see 360 beating ps3 this gen if it wasn't for japan shunning MS products; the gamecube outsold the 360 this year; without Japan, 360 can't win

and sony can't get enough ps3s made and they may still have more production problems down the line, who knows...they have a long hard road ahead

Quote:

i find this very very amusing

hotlanta, more than anyone on here, goes by what other people think...he looks at box scores and game writeups for his hawks' opinions...he looks at a video game forum for his wii/ps3/360 opinion...he goes with the 360, which has been the 'cool' system for 'hardcore' gamer...he doesn't watch hawks games himself or play the game systems himself...just goes by what other people wrote...

but then he says we are all sheep and just follow what we hear...

hilarious

as for the real discussion here, i predict the Wii will outsell the 360 and the ps3...360 can't sell in asia (gamecube outsold it there this year), which hurts its sales numbers...

but regardless of how u feel about the 'gamer market' split-up, which is what u guys are referring to, wii will be the system that gets the 'non-gamer market'...

so ps3/360 can get 80% of the 'gamer market' that they've all shared in the past and wii can get only 20%, but wii will still sell the most consoles because it will sell to the non-gamer market whereas the other 2 won't

we can revisit this thread in a year or two when wii has a solid lead if u'd like

I don't have all three systems... So yeah, I have to go abit by what others think. I knew what these systems would be before... I did have a PS2 so I knew fair ammount of what to expect from a PS3. And I had an Xbox one.

I bought an Xbox 360 for me. No for you, your grandma, my sister, my dad... Whatever. I don't truly care if it sales the most. I'm sure it being cheaper will help.

Atleast I can see through the bullshyt... It's ashame that you can't see through the Wii's one trick pony control. It will be forgotten about just like everything gimmick Nintendo has came out with before.

Quote:

Well, that's not the way it is regardless of how you pretend to see it. Your simply not very realistic. The world is full of crime, pollution, over population, and greed. That is reality.

[quote}It hasn't been done with handheld games, you're talking out of your ass. The fact is, like so many things that you have absolute opinions of, you know nothing about it. You decided some time ago that, because it's hyped, you'll be the Anti-hype and just dislike it for spite.

The basic Idea has. Not talking out my @ss at all. I know nothing about it?? I know it's a stupid idea and that once the new of the control wears off the system will have nothing to fall back on. I watched some dudes play it on the video game channel... It was some sort of laughable looking tennis game.

It looked like it would be geared toward the Barney or Spongebob fans. It looked very lame when I watched them play it.

• Moderators

Quote:

The basic Idea has. Not talking out my @ss at all. I know nothing about it?? I know it's a stupid idea and that once the new of the control wears off the system will have nothing to fall back on. I watched some dudes play it on the video game channel... It was some sort of laughable looking tennis game.

I did see something about either Sony or Microsoft trying to develop a similar technology. It may end up being a significant development for games in the long-term, even if it is not revolutionary.

Quote:

Quote:

I did see something about either Sony or Microsoft trying to develop a similar technology. It may end up being a significant development for games in the long-term, even if it is not revolutionary.

Well, like I said... I've seen ABIT of the Wii in action and I wasn't overly impressed. I might have enjoyed it more when I was 14 or 15... But that was then and this is now.

Quote:

http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-tells-Sony-Stop...pg/49/aid/42419

On the novelty of the motion sensing controller and what Sony is looking to do, you can see the above article. I just pulled it off a yahoo search so I don't know much about it other than what is in the article.

Who knows who did what here... All I'm saying is don't believe all the hype. Alot of this world revolves around bullshyt and political type tatics.

In the end, it probably doesn't matter to me cause I don't like Nintendo or Sony. Sony did enough when they put the spyware garbage on the music cd's.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-tells-Sony-Stop...pg/49/aid/42419

On the novelty of the motion sensing controller and what Sony is looking to do, you can see the above article. I just pulled it off a yahoo search so I don't know much about it other than what is in the article.

Who knows who did what here... All I'm saying is don't believe all the hype. Alot of this world revolves around bullshyt and political type tatics.

In the end, it probably doesn't matter to me cause I don't like Nintendo or Sony. Sony did enough when they put the spyware garbage on the music cd's.

I think that article does support your argument that this technology is not a true breakthrough - although its impact may still be a breakthrough since no system has truly incorporated the motion sensing tech into their products.

• Admin

The basic idea has? Where? I've been playing video games since pong and I don't recall seeing such controllers on any of the atari , Nintendo (powerglove wasn't close), Sega, sony, or microsoft systems I've played. We can get even more obscure, the TG16 didn't have it, nor did colecovision or Intellivision. Maybe you're talking about the gamepad that microsoft made for PC's a few years ago that had a tilt axis in it, even though that's not even close to the same thing.

So yes, you are talking out of your ass, because you have zero experience on the subject. I'm not surprised you think it's a stupid idea. You established long ago that you don't find very many things to be fun, why would this be any different?

Quote:

The basic idea has? Where? I've been playing video games since pong and I don't recall seeing such controllers on any of the atari , Nintendo (powerglove wasn't close), Sega, sony, or microsoft systems I've played. We can get even more obscure, the TG16 didn't have it, nor did colecovision or Intellivision. Maybe you're talking about the gamepad that microsoft made for PC's a few years ago that had a tilt axis in it, even though that's not even close to the same thing.

So yes, you are talking out of your ass, because you have zero experience on the subject. I'm not surprised you think it's a stupid idea. You established long ago that you don't find very many things to be fun, why would this be any different?

The idea of a motion control is not original. No, I haven't seen anything just like the control... But the same sort of idea. How is the Power Glove not close? It was along time ago when I had it, but didn't you move the glove to punch like in a boxing game? Isn't that what this control does?

If your playing an action game and you have a sword, wouldn't you wing in the air like if you really had a sword? If so, what's the big difference?

I don't really give a shyt about the control as long as it fits my hands well. I could careless about this type of thing. A motion control isn't going to make me forget that it's a video game.

It looks like alot more trouble than it's worth. Moreover, the games don't look all that impressive and look way too cartoonish. That really bugs me. If you like it, good for you.

You call me closeminded, but the simple fact that you can't accept that this doesn't interest me suggest that your pretty close minded.