• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IPOD advice

gsuteke

Quote:

it has no display. you have to manually flip through to find songs without seeing where you are.

that's the drawback.

personally speaking, i own an ipod shuffle... and that drawback never really cause any problems for me.

the first beat of any song and u know what it is. u can skip til you find the song you like. u press the skip button a few times and ull get it.

i guess it could be annoyin to some, but it never bothered me much.

the size and USB feature (i use it to store all my school papers) pretty much sealed the deal for me.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's not too bad if it works.

Goto ilounge for reviews on iPod products and then but them after a froogle search. I have had good success doing that.

what did you come up with on earbuds? i'd like to find something a bit more comfortable.

I abandoned earbuds and got the black ipod to match with black Sennheisser PX100 earphones. The sound is amazing and they are much cheaper than audiophile quality phones.

Open froogle and search for "Sennheiser PX100" - they are the ones sometimes called "supra-aural" and are also available in white. They don't have as sleek a look as the earbuds but they are very comfortable with a fantastic sound.

• Moderators

Quote:

good for treadmill use?

I haven't tried doing anything athletic in them. I listen to them while working or when going to sleep.

Here is a good article on some headphones for different uses and reasonable prices:

http://www.headphone.com/newsletters/november06.php

(Note that the PX100 model featured therein is the "neckband" model I haven't tried and that would probably be terrible for running).

This one is specific to exercising and is high on the px100s:

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-application/exercising/

• Moderators

Quote:

I ended up with a Shuffle and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been in Tennessee for the past few days so I haven't been to the gym. I'll give it a try Monday morning though!

Glad to hear it! I would think you would love its convenience in the gym.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention, I bought a Sandisk Sansa 1GB device for the Girl™ for a trip. I chose it because it was cheap (and things get broken/lost/stolen on trips) and because it uses a single AAA, so she won't have to worry about charging it with non-USA power, or having to use a laptop USB port.

I did notice that it sounded just a TINY bit worse than the iPod, but that is probably related to the crappy earbuds.

• Moderators

Quote:

AHF, you mean you're using px100 for running?

i think the stock ibud/earphone is the best for running. better than any headphone/iem. as if you want more headphone information, try headfi.org

No I am not using the px100 for running - although it appears others have. I have used buds when running in the past.

Haha. I had the same thing happen to a friend.

I've been having problems with the ipod earbuds when I'm lifting and I'm on my back, and one will sometimes fall out. Anyone know any quality headphones that will stay in better? Other than that I use it mostly at work or on a stationary bike.

Quote:

Haha. I had the same thing happen to a friend.

I've been having problems with the ipod earbuds when I'm lifting and I'm on my back, and one will sometimes fall out. Anyone know any quality headphones that will stay in better? Other than that I use it mostly at work or on a stationary bike.

what about some oem/iem? oem, you can try some creative ep630. that's only cost about 20 dollars. block some noise and lots of bass and decent sound quality. for iem, i suggest westone um1. this block out even more noise. sound a little better in every way except maybe a little less bass than the creative one but it cost more. this goes over and around your ears so it will be easy to fall out like stock ibud