• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Xbox 360 just went out

Plainview1981

Just got the dreaded 3 rings of doom on my Xbox 360 and now it doesn't work. No warning signs of going bad. It just went out when I tried to start it up.

I guess that's what I get for thinking any of these greedy companies could make a product and it actually work for a length of time. They purposely make them with a short life span so that you got to buy another one.

Quote:

Just got the dreaded 3 rings of doom on my Xbox 360 and now it doesn't work. No warning signs of going bad. It just went out when I tried to start it up.

I guess that's what I get for thinking any of these greedy companies could make a product and it actually work for a length of time. They purposely make them with a short life span so that you got to buy another one.

In other news, the NES I got in the mid 80s still works great!

But seriously, that really sucks. Is there no sort of warranty?

Quote:

Quote:

The one year warranty is out by about 2 1/2 weeks.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/indent]

[/indent]

The one year warranty is out by about 2 1/2 weeks. [/quote

***ROOOAAARR!!!!!!***

I hate that. It's uncanny. The same thing happened to my iPod.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, that suck!! I would still try to get them to do something for you. If they won't I would ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them you are a loyal customer who has bought XBox games for a decade but that you are going to buy a PS3 if they don't do something to help you out of this.

The one year warranty is out by about 2 1/2 weeks.

Quote:

Quote:

AHF, we are the masters of quoting.

They say that they will fix it for free. However, on the Xbox forum people have sent it and it cameback in worse shape than before. So who knows?

how can it come back in worse shape than it already is?

you did say it was broken, right?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

AHF, we are the masters of quoting.

They say that they will fix it for free. However, on the Xbox forum people have sent it and it cameback in worse shape than before. So who knows?

how can it come back in worse shape than it already is?

you did say it was broken, right?

Well, some people got it back and said it wouldn't turn on PERIOD. Not even the 3 red lights would come on.

Quote:

Quote:

call them, they'll honor the warranty and fix it.

They said they'd fix it for free because it was made in 2005.... One of the earlier ones they made.

Awesome!!

Quote:

6th? OMG how can they make a product this defective?? Do you play it a lot? Or does EVERYONE get all these problems?

It’s because they keep reshipping refurbished ones. I can tell by the markings on the back that the shell of the system as been opened or tampered with. I had one that I turned out maybe 10 times and it just died on me. The one I currently have has been doing pretty good but it has frozen on me two times. So, I don’t play very often, but I have requested them to ship me a new system, and the last time this happened they mailed me another refurbished one.

From my understanding people that just bought the system aren't having any problems and I have not heard any problems about the premium system. I would like to have the premium system but I never bought mine from the store so I didn’t really have that option. The day the 360 hit stores I bought it for $125 and it came with one game, one controller, the 360 backpack, headset, memory card, and all the cables to play online.

• 1 month later...

Alright, at first they said they'd fix it. Now they will not. They sent me a coffin once and I messed up and ripped it. So, I contacted them for another one and never got it.

Now, they say they will not fix it for free because some deadline (A deadline they failed to mention) has passed and now I have to pay 100 bucks (They'll give 25% off now). I don't want my system to go to waste so I'm going to pay it.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm deciding that I will not buy anymore games for this system unless it comes cheap.

You want to know the funny part, after I fought with them my sister called (She usally gets her way so I got her to give it a try) and she cursed them out and told them that because of their defective systems they were going to lose customers to Nintendo.

The Manager was really arrogant and replied with "I don't think so, they'll never outsell us".

The Manager said that. They promoised they'd fix it once for free and they went back on that promise. Yeah, I messed up a 2 dollar coffin, but they should still fix the system like they said they would.

I bought a second system to play it until I got my system back (then I'll take the new system back and get the money on a gift card)and when I get my old 360 ,I might just

buy a Nintendo and start buying games for it. If that means eating crow, so be it.

I couldn't believe the arrogant way the manager was acting.