• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Xbox 360 just went out

Plainview1981

• Moderators

What is a coffin?

Also, that really sucks. I assume you can't escalate this beyond the rude manager but it you haven't tried that you might. The farther you get up the food chain, the more likely someone is going to make a "big picture" decision in your favor, IMO.

Quote:

What is a coffin?

Also, that really sucks. I assume you can't escalate this beyond the rude manager but it you haven't tried that you might. The farther you get up the food chain, the more likely someone is going to make a "big picture" decision in your favor, IMO.

A coffin is known as the box they ship you so that you can send in your Xbox for "repairs". That's what it's called on the Xbox360 forums anyway.

I can't totally blame the manager... My sister can get to people sometimes, but it's only cause they didn't backup what they promised. When your talking about a 400 dollar system they should be able to give what they promised.

I'm going to try again though.

I probably will not let my sister try again though. lol

She can be somewhat of a bully. Hell, she's beat down my brother in law before. Not with fists, but she's a forceful person sometimes.

Quote:

What is a coffin?

The new system I got just put a giant ring around the back of one of my games. It probably will not even work now.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

What is a coffin?

The new system I got just put a giant ring around the back of one of my games. It probably will not even work now.

If it has trouble working then write/call Microsoft again since there must clearly be something wrong with the CD player.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is a coffin?

If it has trouble working then write/call Microsoft again since there must clearly be something wrong with the CD player.

I'll have the problem resolved. But I think I've had enough of Microsoft. Too many problems with too many systems. The sytem is still in date to take back to the store, but I expect Microsoft to do something about the messed up game.

With the poor customer support so far I wouldn't be shocked if they said there was nothing they can do.

The games loading time kept getting slower and slower everytime I played it, so I took out the game and look on the back and that's when I found the ring.

Last year....my 360 but a giant ring around the back of my NBA Live 07 disc (when it was still $60)...I contacted Microsoft...and all they said they could do was replace it with 1 of 3 games: morrowind, PGR, or Perfect Dark... 3 games that I had NO interest in.

anyway...hopefully your luck will be better!

Quote:

Last year....my 360 but a giant ring around the back of my NBA Live 07 disc (when it was still $60)...I contacted Microsoft...and all they said they could do was replace it with 1 of 3 games: morrowind, PGR, or Perfect Dark... 3 games that I had NO interest in.

anyway...hopefully your luck will be better!

They switched my game to a brand new one at Wal-mart.

I got my money back on the system and I'll wait for Nintendo to get in stock and I'll buy it and have my first broken Xbox360 fixed and that will be that.

Oh, and I picked up Children of Men, The Prestige, and The Pursuit of Happyness.

Quote:

did u have one of those cooler fan to keep it from over heating?

No, but my room is always cold because I like the cold weather. I always checked to make sure the system was hot. And that's the thing, my first system never ran hot.

If you read on the Xbox360 forums and amazon you'lll see some people have went through 4 or 5 of these things.

Quote:

the problem never was with the console, it was with the power brick over heating. People would toss it behind their TV and pile stuff up on it and it would overheat and cause problems.

I don't do that. The second and third ones I got had drives that were going back. I'd put games in and they'd make a funky noise. And the last one of course scratched the game allround.

I'm sure overheating wouldn't cause that.