• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top Shooting Guards

KB21

1. Lebron James 6-7 215 Akron, Ohio

This kid has it all. Ball handling ability, shooting touch, athleticism, instincts. He's got it. He's got Kobe Bryant type ability.

2. Jarvis Hayes 6-7 220 Georgia

Great athlete with tremendous shooting touch. He can really nail the 18 foot jumper coming off a screen. Good defensive player. Needs to work on his in between game.

3. Josh Howard 6-6 205 Wake Forest

Tremendous athlete. Hard worker. Great defensive player. Very good at slashing to the basket, and is getting better as a spot up jump shooter on the perimeter.

4. Dwayne Wade 6-4 210 Marquette

Great ball handler who may have the best cross over since a young Tim Hardaway. Terrific shooter and athlete who can get into the lane and elevate over the big boys. A better overall prospect than CUSA star DaJuan Wagner was last year. Size is his only drawback.

5. Reece Gaines 6-6 200 Louisville

Combo guard who is probably more of a shooting guard than a point guard. He does everything well, but isn't great at any one thing. Very similar to Jim Jackson. A player that can do a lot of things and defend but doesn't have star quality.

6. Marquis Daniels 6-6 205 Auburn

Very good athlete who does a lot of things very well. He's used a lot as the primary ball handler in Auburn's offense. He's proved to be a very good scorer in the SEC. Good rebounder for a guard.

7. Ronald Dupree 6-7 210 Louisiana State

May be the best overall defender of the guard crop. Plays lots of positions for the Tigers and is asked to defend opposing power forwards at times. Very strong and athletic, but his overall skills on the perimeter are raw.

8. Ruben Douglas 6-4 200 New Mexico

Tremendous scorer who is a good ball handler. Can penetrate at will, and can nail the open jumper. Not a great defender, and size is certainly a question mark.

9. Bernard King Jr. 6-5 205 Texas A&M

Tremendous leader who has all around skills. Big 12's all time leading scorer.

10. Keith Bogans 6-5 220 Kentucky

Athletic player who is a good defender. Really improved his jump shot this season. Similar to Dion Glover.

It would be nice to get a consistent threat at the shooting guard position. Out of the prospects listed I see some great athletes, plus some descent scorers and defenders. Wouldn't it be nice to add an outside shooter to help stretch the defense and make all of the primary scorers job easier. Maybe there is another Gordan Giricek out there?

• Premium Member

Of those, I like Howard, Wade, and Gaines.

The good things about Howard is that he will be a great defender/Rebounder. The bad things is his ball handling and 3 pt shooting (2 things we desperately need).

The good things about Wade are his speed and his drive/dish, ball handling, and shooting. The bad thing is his size.

The good thing about Gaines is his Size, ball handling ability. The bad thing is that he's not really good at anything but being a big Gaurd.

I haven't seen Rueben Douglass play. I wonder if he could be a 2nd round pick up that can help?

I've seen Daniels. He wasn't impressive. He rebounds well but scoring isn't the top priority.

When talking about LSU, MSU, Ole Miss players, I leave that to KB. I watch LSU play but only because they play Kentucky...

Bogans is not a good pick. If he falls to the second round and we have a spare pick I would look at him, but I wouldn't waste a first on him. I think he will be the model of inconsistency unless he gets with the right program. Maybe the Lakers will give him a shot?

I have never watched Bernard King JR?? UTAM don't get many good games or what?

• Admin

I'll throw a name out there as a potential steal as a second round pick should he decide to leave early.

Carl English from Hawaii. He is a 6'5 guard who I have had the oppurtunity to see play many times. He is a scorer who can shoot the lights out from outside and can hit the three. He is also a slasher and a great ball handler. A nice compliment to JT. He can rebound and is a good passer. All things that this team needs. I am a little biased because he is from Newfoundland, Canada like me but his skills speak for themselves.