• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts from the weekend...

DJ_Money

Just sharing the thoughts on players that came as I enjoyed the action over the weekend. Respond if you desire.

Missouri: Paulding, Johnson.

Both have had impressive games in this tourney. I've always been high on Paulding, and that hasn't changed. Close to Jarvis Hayes in his game, very NBA ready. I now hear that he may enter the draft, but I wish he would stay. Missouri would be top 5 in the nation if both of these guys return.

Johnson is quickly rising, although he stated again that he will return to school. A big force inside, very hard-working player. I'd like to see him work on his range a bit, though. Keep an eye on McKinney too, I think we'll hear alot about him in the coming years.

Notre Dame/Illinois: Thomas, Brown, Cook

Matchup of two great PGs. Thomas got the better of Brown, but the issue about his size won't go away. When Illinois put a bigger player on him, he struggled. I like both players, but they have to learn to play against larger foes.

I'm discouraged by Cook's performance. He did a good job on the glass, but was horrid shooting the ball. The touch he was hailed for has dissapeared lately. And for a star player, he dissapears for long periods of time. Doesn't have that killer instinct. I don't think he will ever be an All-Star, just an above-average PF. Something tells me he ends up in Milwaukee...

Central Michigan/Duke: Kaman, D. Jones, S. Williams, Redick

First time I've gotten a good look at Kaman, and I came away fairly impressed. Seemed to get frustrated easily, though. Great moves, footwork, and instincts around the basket.

I think Jones may be able to slip into the 1st Round if he continues to play well. Alot of teams will look hard at him because of his athleticism. Still rough around the edges, but looks like a solid NBA prospect.

I'm not going to put Shelden Williams on the same level as Elton Brand, because I don't see him winning National POY next season, but he may be the closest thing Duke has. Should become a dominant force for Duke, and consistency should come with time. A future lottery pick.

Redick is the second coming of Trajan Langdon, period.

Connecticut: Okafor

God, I love this kid. Trade Ratliff for him, now. He's got a better offensive game and may be even more of a force on the defensive end. I'd like to see him stay another year, to sure up his offensive game, but he'll easily go top 5 next year.

Louisville: Gaines

Most impressive performance of the tourney. Butler had no answer for him. They went zone, and he hit 6 threes. They went man, he drove to the basket at will. Finished strong or got the assist nearly every time. I want this guy in Atlanta.

Not as long as I planned, but I'm tired. I'll add to this tomorrow if I can.