• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ANYBODY got an iphone?

Diesel

• Admin

yah I've known about it for a few days. it's not going to make that big of a dent. $500 is still too much for a console with no games. If you read around, nobody is going "OMG AWESOME", they're all saying "it's about time".

The 360 is ready for a price cut. In console life cycles it has gone longer htan any other console without having a price cut. They've been sitting around waiting for Sony to move first, knowing they would have to because of poor sales. It was calculated months ago.

I don't even know if anyone would buy my 360. It's never had a problem and has less than 50 hrs of playing on it since getting married took up so much free time and the fact that FPS games make me motion sick so I pretty much only play NBA Live and Madden. Not to mention both of those games drive me nuts on my Sony TV because I see little halo's around the players and as far as I can tell there is nothing I can do about it. Honestly I had more fun playing my 360 on my 32" RCA HDTV because I can't see things like that.

If I knew for certain that buying the HDMI 360 and this years new games would look how I expect on a 1080P set I would go ahead and buy it.

It's an SXRD LCD Projection HDTV. From what I seem to remember back when Microsoft released the 1080 patch and new dashboard about 9 months ago the Sony TVs use a different technology (green over blue or something like that which I can't remember) which kept it from being able to understand the 1080P signal from the 360 via the component cables.

i have both the ps3 and 360 and i liked them both a lot.. they each have their own strengths and weaknesess... until my 360 got the three red lights and i had to send it in to microsoft this week. this has been such a huge problem with the 360. i feel its unacceptable to have such a big, widespread problem on a 500-600 piece of equipment at launch not to mention of how much money i have invested in it. now i have to worry about it getting lost in the mail

• Admin

well, first off, it's 1.5 years AFTER launch and the problems didn't really become wide spread until the last 6 months. Second, they're not dodging the problem. They've owned up to it and have taken steps to fix it so that it won't be a problem going forward. Extending the warranty to three years on a piece of home electronics is unheard of in the industry and shows a hell of a willingness to stand behind their product. Did sony stand behind the PS2 like that when the DVD drives started failing a little over a year after it launched?

You're really worried about losing it in the mail? heh.