• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mario Austin declares for the Draft.

KB21

He signed with California based agent Bill Duffy, and cited that it's time to take care of his family.

He would be an interesting pick at 21-23. He's a big, wide body power forward prospect. He's only around 6-8, but he's thick and has long arms. He's very strong in the post and has extremely soft hands. His biggest strength is probably his passing ability. Mario is not an above the rim, flashy player, and he's not an exceptional defender, though he will hold his ground. He's very good at drawing fouls when in the post. He's working on his jump shot range, and it is improving.

Mario would be a good fit alongside Theo in the post, and it would allow the Hawks to kick Reef to small forward if they could move Glenn Robinson.

I'm not as convinced that Austin will make it in the League, I get a similar feel for him as I had about Michael Wright from Arizona a few years back. Great college player who's limitations will be exposed in the pro's. But I was wrong about Corliss Williamson for the same reason.