Charlie Villanueva to enter draft

HawkTodd

• Premium Member

He can ride the Self to Kansas Momentum, but I don't think he has a game that is NBA Ready.

Right now, any kid that can dunk thinks that he belongs in the NBA. I think that he's too small and his game is too Ordinary for him to be a star or even an everyday player on this level.

Felipe Lopez... Pt 2.

It's a mistake of his part, definately. But, he declared for 2 reasons:

A. Self left Illinois for Kansas.

B. The impending age limit on the draft.

The age limit is coming, and we're going to see a boatload of players declare becuase of it.

Villanueva doesn't have the raw athleticism that James, Kobe, ect. had in high school. He is slightly overweight. Probably too small to be a 4, but can't handle the ball/hit the outside shot enough to be a 3. Biggest knock of him, however, is his lack of passion. He just plays like he doesn't care sometimes, and will dissapear for long stretches of time. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he slips to the 2nd.

i saw him play w/ Lebron in one of MANY ALLSTAR GAMES lebron was playing.... i think it was the EA SPORTS event in NY.

He is CLEARLY one of the better players out of the allstar game... but yeah, imo u should be a top 3 HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER IN THE NATION to come out and make it well in the pros.

He'd make a good college career.... could turn into a solid role model pro like Shane Battier... but if he comes out now, i dont see anyone taking him... even w/ a 2nd rounder.