• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone want to revisit Sothron's phone call?

GST

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, if that is true, its tough to understand, but that really is what the team should be doing. woody is terrible. it does seem bad that our guys would have a quit attitude, but something like the players tanking it could be what needs to happen for the owners to finally do what they should have done a year ago and fire woody.

Quote:

honestly, if that is true, its tough to understand, but that really is what the team should be doing. woody is terrible. it does seem bad that our guys would have a quit attitude, but something like the players tanking it could be what needs to happen for the owners to finally do what they should have done a year ago and fire woody.
There is no way that anyone is tanking. If the players all had a problem with Woody, they wouldn't respond by tanking to get him fired because there's money at stake. All of them are trying to establish themselves and get a good deal when their rookie contracts expire. An exception is JJ, who complimented Woody on his coaching after the Minnesota game...so cross him off of consideration. If the players had a big enough problem with Woody to start intentionally playing badly, these problems would have already trickled through the front office and media. Those are more beneficial ways of expressing their issues that won't hurt their value.

• Premium Member

I know which players did the talking originally and which players they bounced the idea off of. But since I have been made aware of how the FO is looking to see which players even mentioned it I am not going to post names. I also think its only fair to point out that it was only talked about (at least in this reported instance) and never agreed to actually do it (again, at least in this instance).

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know which players did the talking originally and which players they bounced the idea off of. But since I have been made aware of how the FO is looking to see which players even mentioned it I am not going to post names.

So your source is not in the front office.

Kinda Conflicting with draft talk that you offered up a few months ago!

You can't not be in the FO and know who the team is going to pick.

IS this more speculation?

• Premium Member

Or other people in the front office are looking at this? The FO is more than just one or two people.

Its ok Heavy D, I'll chalk it up to another example of you jumping the gun like you did in that JJ thread a few days ago where you thought you had an "A-HA!" moment as well. Posted Image

• Premium Member

No... I honestly wanted to know if JJ was upset based on information you put out. Then all the sudden you come up with Speculation... That lets me know that you're just passing along BS... Your word can't be trusted. If you tell me that your source says that JJ is upset.. Then you tell me well, it's just speculation that JJ is upset... Then you are the problem Ron. Either you have a link to the front office or you don't. If you do, great stop speculating. If you don't, stop acting like you do. Isn't that simple?

• Premium Member

I think I explained that in the other thread. The only person who seemingly did not understand it is, well, you. I don't see how its too hard to understand that if you hear "X" from someone that you would naturally draw your own conclusions about it.

• Premium Member

It's very simple. Why speculate... when you have a source?

Here's an example.

If I know Barry Bonds best friend and he was in the room when Barry was taking Steroids, why am I saying "Well, I think Barry Bonds uses Steroids"??

Your situation is a little different. You say "JJ is upset".

You have the front office connection.

After I explain to you the weight of that statement, you back off and say " Well, it was just speculation"...

Oh yes, I heard your half assed explanation... And I understand it very clearly. You're full of it. You can be as condescending as you like... You're still full of it. Being condescending is no defense for being overfilled with BS.

Back to today.

You supposedly have people in the FO who are in the know about draft picks... AND in the know about what players are planning a takeover... BUT there are some members of the FO who are Looking for the planners of the takeover.

Do you know how fu------ stupid that sounds? That's to suggest that your guy in the front office will talk to you, but he won't talk to his boss?? He'll let you know who planned the take over (knowing that you will post it on the website) but he'll leave his boss in the dark...

That's Stupid.

It has been said time and time again about your stooge relationship. Your source must not value his job at all. He will pass up the opportunity to look good for the boss so that he can be the leak to the internet?

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Where did I say I heard about the players talking about that (and I repeat it was just talk not a "planned takeover") FROM a FO source? You are confusing the draft source with another source. And to be perfectly honest I'm not always straight forward with where I get any information because I don't want them to be backtracked on here and found out. Posted Image

I said there were some in the FO that were looking into this and I don't want to make a bad situation any worse by naming names publically. They may find out on their own which players talked about it but it won't be through me.

I wonder why Sothron never posted inside information before the draft this year. As a regular poster on both this site and RealGm (several years) he never had inside info till this past draft.All of the sudden, PRESTO, he's got more info than Billy Knight himself. And he knows a lot more than Bernie Mullin.Look, Mike Woodson is bound to get fired soon if the Hawks don't show some quick improvement. We all know that much. We also know from Sekou and reading between the lines that JJ isn't all that happy. I don't need inside info for that.When Woody is fired I don't want to hear that Sothron called it first by saying there was a mutiny. Because we all know Woody's head gets closer to the block with every performance like the one last night.Sothron just reads between the lines and that is his scoop. I'm totally amazed that some haven't figured that out.

I believe he works for the ASG in some clerical position.I doubt he has any direct contact with the "higher ups" in front office but I do believe he hears rumors around the office.I don't mind hearing rumors, even if its just "cooler talk" at the office.

• Premium Member

Quote:

TP, If I recall correctly, sothron was the first one (before the media got hold of it) to mention that there were Amare trade talks. Is this true or false? Can you point out someone else who brought it up before him?
That was just one of the things I reported on here first that was later picked up on and found out by other media.

• Premium Member

I find it amusing in our PMs you admit you remember reading how I mentioned I knew people in the team years ago but now publically you question it. I already explained several times that it was through Jaywalker that I got to meet people with the Hawks that led to meeting more people inside the team. When Jaywalker was reporting on the team most of those guys had no reason to really tell me anything really juicy until Jaywalker left and some of them still wanted an outside outlet for their own reasons.

And for the guy that mentioned it, no, I do not work for the ASG. I just know people that do. Posted Image