• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone want to revisit Sothron's phone call?

GST

Actually, I seem to remember a long list of players who might be options for a trade. Amare was on the list and the whole deal could not have been more general or vague.EVERYBODY in the league and on this board knew that we were shopping the picks looking for big fish because we didn't necessarily want to draft two more rookies. We were actively shopping the two picks.What does Sothron do? He makes a long list and says that MAYBE we are looking into the guys on this list.And so we are supposed to believe that he had inside info because a player on that long list was mentioned....DRUMROLL....IN A RUMOR??? I repeat...Because a guy on his list was mentioned in a RUMOR?The day that he calls something specific BEFORE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, let me know. Otherwise, shut the hell up. I'm tired of all this BS.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you said you knew AN employee! And you never EVER posted anything in all the years I read your posts...until this past draft.You also said in your PM's that you know THREE inside souces, all with different agendas, all trying to get you to post. And that some of the info was a lie to throw teams off.Here's the real kicker: You then go outside the team and into worlds of agents and direct to players. So, you have gone from ONE employee to THREE great inside sources, to now knowing players and their agents!You told me YOU KNOW THINGS BERNIE MULLIN DOESN'T KNOW!!! Thats where you lost me buddy. You know that I talked to Bernie about YOU and he said it was all BOGUS, and you refuted that by saying that BERNIE DOESN'T KNOW about some of your inside info.Your fairy tales know no bounds. You have fooled plenty on this board but many see right through your inside info. The day you actually break a specific story that actually happens, before the media, let me know.

• Premium Member

Do you seriously think any owner of any team knows the intimate details of everything a player or a coach or an agent or a trainer or some other team exec says? Do you seriously think that? I remember Jaywalker knew things about players and the team that the players or coaches or someone else mentioned to him and when he brought it up to guys like Pete Babcock or even a guy like Arthur Triche they had NO IDEA what he was talking about.Speaking of Jaywalker you never got around to telling me why you don't believe him or why you wouldn't sack up and call in to Bill Shanks about this. For someone who claims there is no proof you sure seem to overlook people who can easily verify what I am telling you.But then that would pop holes into your agenda...

• Moderators

I like Bernie but he is going to deny any leaks. I think he denied leaks in the organization after not only the critical Shelden Williams pick was leaked but even our second round pick was leaked. Because of his position, I would take any denial of leaks with a grain of salt. Not that you have to believe Sothron because of that. I would just rather see people avoid the threads if they think his sources are a complete fabrication.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Actually, I seem to remember a long list of players who might be options for a trade. Amare was on the list and the whole deal could not have been more general or vague.

EVERYBODY in the league and on this board knew that we were shopping the picks looking for big fish because we didn't necessarily want to draft two more rookies. We were actively shopping the two picks.

What does Sothron do? He makes a long list and says that MAYBE we are looking into the guys on this list.

And so we are supposed to believe that he had inside info because a player on that long list was mentioned....DRUMROLL....IN A RUMOR??? I repeat...Because a guy on his list was mentioned in a RUMOR?

The day that he calls something specific BEFORE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, let me know. Otherwise, shut the hell up. I'm tired of all this BS.

Here's a few examples of Stoogeron at work....

Quote:

I was just notified that two of the scenarios I outlined in my last "latest information" post have been given the green light by the Hawks FO and one other teams FO in one of the scenarios. We have in fact notified the remaining teams in both scenarios that whoever agrees to the trade first will win. Knight is actively prodding them at this point going into the draft tomorrow.

Since both scenarios use some of the same trade resources both are imPossible to happen. So whichever team bellies up to the bar (I am told) is going to get the deal done. All that needs to be done is for the other parties to agree to make it happen.

You guys can probably extrapolate which scenarios I am referencing and which players are involved.

Quote:

IIRC all major decisions have to be agreed on by all owners which includes Belkin. Belkin actively wants this team to self-destruct as much as Possible to make things harder for the Spirit. Firing BK and hiring a new GM might require all owners to sign off on it.

Realistically no GM or coach is going to want to come to Atlanta until our ownership situation is straightened out. Who wants to deal with all the legal problems we have and on top of that run the very real risk of being fired just because the other guy won the lawsuits?

Quote:

What if we traded the #3 for Gasol and #11 for Calderon?

then

Quote:

Are you throwing us a possible hint, Sothron? *

and

Quote:

Yes, yes in fact I am. Chalk it up in the "more likely to happen than not" category.

Didn't happen!

But there's always CYA...

Quote:

This is one of the draft night scenarios I was told was more likely than unlikely to happen. Which the way this source conveys information means its probable to happen but its not a 100% lock to happen.

How abotu this one...

Quote:

Latest from my sources inside the front office

#221023 - 05/30/07 06:27 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

I posted this in another thread but I think it bears its own post to make sure its seen.

**I've heard from another source that Knight is asking for a lot for that pick because they believe they can find both a big man and point guard out of a trade and still have the 11th pick for BPA or a project center if Hawes is still there. The basic feeling is that at least one or two of the non-Oden/Durant kids is going to skyrocket before the draft and at least one team will be willing to bite the bullet to make sure they get "that guy".

Another source I heard said that Knight is personally as high on General Yi as he was on Gasol when BK was the Grizz GM and would have ZERO qualms with taking him at #3 and whoever the best point guard left is at #11 if the value is still there to justify the pick.**

If you recall I told you guys exactly when that conversation took place and what it was about thanks to my sources. I am definitely left with the impression that Knight is fine with setting pretty on drafting Yi at #3 or moving the pick if another team is willing to pay the price for it.

And of course, the granddaddy of them all...

Quote:

Hi my name is Sothron and if you read my sig you will know that I have been a fan of the Hawks and all Atlanta sports teams for a long time.

Why do I mention this? I do so because I have been given tonight the most likely scenarios to take place on draft night and I fully expect on Thursday to be given the scoop on what we are actually going to do.

The problem? I am not Chad Ford who has no allegiance to a team and would happily spill the beans if he could. I am a Hawks fan first and foremost. It should be obvious that if I post in a public forum what exactly we are doing, knowing full well other teams and media types like Ford are checking this board, that I would be compromising the Hawks ability to make trades or conduct a draft.

If you do not understand that or disagree please back "Back" on your browser button or the big green arrow and disregard this post. Just pretend it is not here. Because it will make you feel better and trust me...trust me...it will make me feel better.

For those of you remaining (hello!) I *have* been given permission to present some likely scenarios that we will be doing. Note that "likely" does not mean "absolutely will do". I *can* say that I absolutely will NOT under any circumstance repeat what we are actually doing to anyone.

So that being said let me turn your attention to what I *have* been allowed to say:

1. DO NOT stop watching the draft until it is over. In fact you may have to wait for a couple of days after the draft to know what exactly we are doing. Due to the vagaries of the salary cap and next year's draft (we won't have a pick) we may very well be drafting two guys for other team(s).

2. Reread number one. There is a very good chance that the people we draft are not going to stay here.

3. If we keep the picks for real then nothing I have told you has changed over the last few weeks: Horford, Yi and Conley as a dark horse at #3 and Law, Critt or Stuckey at #11. If Conley fell to #11 I do believe he would be drafted there over the other point guards.

4. On the trade front out of the scores (and I mean scores) of offers Knight has received the most likely (stress that word) trades to happen would bring the following players to Atlanta:

Gasol

Calderon

Amare

KG

Camby

Andre Miller

Ridnour

Jermaine O'Neal

Jack

Randolph

Bynum

Unlikely:

Dwight Howard

Kidd

Kaman

Biedrins

Ellis

Richardson

And pretty much all of the off the wall scenarios you may have heard. Orlando will be faced with our offer for Howard again tomorrow night and while they will consider it they will most likely NOT sign off on the trade. Why? Because they value Howard as a big man, a face of a franchise and the fact a major trade with a division rival by its very nature is extremely unlikely to happen.

I only elaborate on that deal because it was something I was told specifically we were pursuing and while the FO would love to add him we're (probably) not going to land him.

While the above two lists are things I *can* tell you guys the players and other teams in those deals are things I can *not* tell you. I can tell you that at least two of those trades are mutually dependent on each other. That means if one trade will not go through then we will not do the other one. It should be obvious which two players fit that scenario.

I realize most (if not all?) of you guys would love for me to tell you right now what exactly we are doing but I hope you can understand why that would be disastrous for the team not to mention my sources trust in me would dry up faster than a rainstorm in Georgia's drought. I am not sacrificing years of trust, let alone friendship, over this. If this site had a private board for hawksquawk supporters only I would ask them for permission to reveal that information but even then I don't think they would.

If I receive any more information between now and draft night that they sign off on my being able to post I will update you guys then.

BTW... I have to give it up for Buzzard with the following:

Quote:

According to my sources...

#234709 - 06/28/07 12:47 AM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

we may or may not be able to trade for any of the below players. If a trade does happen, it means my sources were right and if we do not get one of the below players, it means they are right as well; since I said "may or may not".

List and the idea for this post is courtesy of Sothron. I know, this whole post is borderline plagiarism. A thankyou out Diesel's way is needed as well.

Gasol

Calderon

Amare

KG

Camby

Andre Miller

Ridnour

Jermaine O'Neal

Jack

Randolph

Bynum

PS Please hold back all accolades and applause for tomorrow night.

For Moreno's sake, whether one chooses to believe Sothron or not, can we give the flaming "where are your gd credentials you fabricating bastard" vitriol an f-ing rest al-frickin-ready? We all know how you feel, you only bludgeon us with it, oh I don't know, every single time Sothron posts.

Seriously, no one gives a s- who buys it and who doesn't super-secret junior sleuths. Thanks for your thorough investigative insights. Keep following the clues, they lead all the way to Da Vinci himself, who, gasp, seems to have sketched the profile of a man identical to Billy Knight, before BK even lived!

For the record, even if he wields Satan's tongue itself, Sothron still contributes more actual thought-provoking discussion than most posters.

Besides, he cerainly makes me feel more like an insider than Chad Ford.

This petty bickering and name-calling, I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I crap sickens me. I love this forum, but man I have to take some serious hiatuses for the sake of sanity.

When I visit the board lately I begin to feel like I'm wading through kindergardeners to find decent insights & commentary.

• Premium Member

And amazingly after I posted that we heard about in the national media Gasol wanting out, Amare/Phx/Minnesota, Bynum/Kobe/Kidd, Miller being shopped around then and now...so what's your point? Are you saying I have ESP and practically all the players I mentioned were subsequently rumored in trades or in some cases actually traded (Randolph)?What really makes me laugh at Heavy D and TP is that no one else on this site has any real doubts about what I post or if they do then they at least don't post about it and try to derail threads. You would think when Jaywalker and chillz verified myself that it would end even the most diehard agenda drivers. But please do go on. You guys honestly make yourselves out more poorly than I could ever attempt to do.

• Premium Member

How would you feel if you opened your latest episode of popular mechanics and you found an article stating "Big Bad Wolf Blows Down Three Little Pigs House"...and in the next episode you find one that stated "Princess' Kiss Turns Frog Into a Prince."Sure... it's possible to determine for oneself that Stoogeron is passing along false information. However, don't give that crap about it being thought provoking. It's false information being given as though it were real information. I appreciate this website because we can talk factionally and fictionally about the Hawks. However, there's ways to do both without being deceiving and without crossing the two. To do otherwise is wrong!

• Premium Member

Quote:

And amazingly after I posted that we heard about in the national media Gasol wanting out,

You must have heard Late...

Hawk25 was talking about Gasol back in April.

Moreover...

All year long last year, there were rumors that Gasol wanted to go to Chicago (out of Memphis)

Morevoer, when did we (HS) start talking about trading #3 for Gasol...

Well before you did...

Notice what Dragitoff says...

Quote:

Gasol is a proven player though. Yi is one of those unknown commodities. He might be the next Dirk or he might be the next flop. You never know. If the choice was between Gasol or Yi, I'm afraid I'd have to go with Gasol despite the age difference (of course many people think Yi is actually older than advertised). This team can't afford to "take chances" on players who might develop into someone useful. If we could get Gasol for the #3 pick and even another player, I'd do it in a heartbeat of course depending on who the other player is. If it's an even swap, then definitely do it, but I think we'd have to include someone else to make the salaries work under the CBA. Gasol wants to play for a playoff team, and I definitely think we'd have that here if we got him. Use the #11 pick to draft the best PG left on the board at that time.

Late Ron... You're late!

Quote:

Quote:

And amazingly after I posted that we heard about in the national media Gasol wanting out,

You must have heard Late...

Hawk25 was talking about Gasol back in April.

Moreover...

All year long last year, there were rumors that Gasol wanted to go to Chicago (out of Memphis)

Morevoer, when did we (HS) start talking about trading #3 for Gasol...

Well before you did...

Notice what Dragitoff says...

Quote:

Gasol is a proven player though. Yi is one of those unknown commodities. He might be the next Dirk or he might be the next flop. You never know. If the choice was between Gasol or Yi, I'm afraid I'd have to go with Gasol despite the age difference (of course many people think Yi is actually older than advertised). This team can't afford to "take chances" on players who might develop into someone useful. If we could get Gasol for the #3 pick and even another player, I'd do it in a heartbeat of course depending on who the other player is. If it's an even swap, then definitely do it, but I think we'd have to include someone else to make the salaries work under the CBA. Gasol wants to play for a playoff team, and I definitely think we'd have that here if we got him. Use the #11 pick to draft the best PG left on the board at that time.

Late Ron... You're late!

Nanny nanny Boo boo, stick your head in doo doo?

Jesus Christ yall.

I love it when some people call lies and BS "thought provoking" like this board is so lame that if someone makes stuff up we can have something to discuss.I would like Sothron to go back and quote what his first breaking story was before it happened. No, not the long list of players, which was covering about every possible trade base. I'm actually looking for something you called ahead THAT HAPPENED. I'm not looking for rumors.When ESPN "PMed" I'll bet they loved that vague list you provided, that was some scoop!Here's Chad Ford on his June blog...And now I have it on top secret authority that the Hawks, with the 3/11 picks, are about to make a BIG MOVE. Maybe. IF this big move happens, I'm told by my special but secret buddy that its going to be REALLY BIG. Here's the deal...The Hawks may move the 3rd pick, the 11th pick, or both for either Gasol, Amare, Calderon, KG, Camby, Andre Miller, Ridnour, JO, Jarrett Jack, Randolph, or Bynum. They may look to get involved with Dwight Howard, Jason Kidd, Biedrins, Ellis, and Richardson but its more unlikely.This is Chad Ford giving YOU the inside scoop, courtesy of my good but secret friend.Seriously, with inside info this vague, I don't need it. But thanks anyway.

Quote:

I wonder why Sothron never posted inside information before the draft this year. As a regular poster on both this site and RealGm (several years) he never had inside info till this past draft.All of the sudden, PRESTO, he's got more info than Billy Knight himself. And he knows a lot more than Bernie Mullin.
Ask Jaywalker or Bill Shanks like Sothron said. Otherwise, quit nippin' on the hater sauce. TP, your argument against Sothron of all people is juvenile, inane, and simply sissified. If you have a beef, follow up like he asked. It appears you CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH and would rather hide behind your plethora of lame accusations. Get real, man. You're better than that.W

Quote:

What really makes me laugh at Heavy D and TP is that no one else on this site has any real doubts about what I post or if they do then they at least don't post about it and try to derail threads. You would think when Jaywalker and chillz verified myself that it would end even the most diehard agenda drivers.

Actually, I've seen quite a few people question you. I think it's great that you know a person or two in the FO. What I do understand though, is that you've stated that you will LIE to suit the purpose of your source. I don't like that at all. If you want to "report", then go get a job doing that. This is a message board, man; not AJC.com. Which is it; are you a reporter or a giver of misinformation for the organization? It can't go both ways.

It seems like every post from you is as an "insider" now, not as a person with an opinion or insight.

I still respect your opinion, but you've lost me with this other stuff. I don't have the time to worry whether you are lying to me or not.

• Premium Member

Actually I don't think I've said anything "insider" since the report about the tanking situation. Moreover I have confirmed which players it was but I am not going to post it due to the possible effect it would have the team.I said since my very first post I am a fan of this *team* more than anything else. If I think something (while interesting) may harm it then I'm not going to say anything.

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder why Sothron never posted inside information before the draft this year. As a regular poster on both this site and RealGm (several years) he never had inside info till this past draft.All of the sudden, PRESTO, he's got more info than Billy Knight himself. And he knows a lot more than Bernie Mullin.
Ask Jaywalker or Bill Shanks like Sothron said. Otherwise, quit nippin' on the hater sauce. TP, your argument against Sothron of all people is juvenile, inane, and simply sissified. If you have a beef, follow up like he asked. It appears you CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH and would rather hide behind your plethora of lame accusations. Get real, man. You're better than that.W
Do you like the idea of Sothron lying to us to appease his sources, walt?

Quote:

Actually I don't think I've said anything "insider" since the report about the tanking situation. Moreover I have confirmed which players it was but I am not going to post it due to the possible effect it would have the team.
See, that's what I'm talking about. Do you want people to salivate over what they think you know? You must. No other purpose in saying it.This post doesn't really address what I was saying about lying to all of us to fuel some hidden agenda.

• Premium Member

Er, no, I don't want any of you to "salivate" over me. No offense! Posted Image

I am on occassion asked to post something that is misleading for someone else's agenda but that does not mean I always post it. Btw I'm not the only person who has done that in order to maintain a source. Its a give/take relationship not a give/give one.

That may not be the answer you wanted but its a honest one.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I don't think I've said anything "insider" since the report about the tanking situation. Moreover I have confirmed which players it was but I am not going to post it due to the possible effect it would have the team.
See, that's what I'm talking about. Do you want people to salivate over what they think you know? You must. No other purpose in saying it.This post doesn't really address what I was saying about lying to all of us to fuel some hidden agenda.
Ron is purposely vague about everything. I've asked him to tell us what exactly he "broke" but I still hear nothing. If he calls listing 15 players and then a rumor developing with one of the players "breaking news" then he has a different view of news. Troy, your right in that he says he purposely misleads at times for his "sources". This is another attempt to play both sides of the fence. If the opposite of what he says happens, like with the Yi and Critt picks, he just leans of the fact that it was purposely bad info.This whole inside info fairy tale is pretty pathetic.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I am on occassion asked to post something that is misleading for someone else's agenda but that does not mean I always post it. Btw I'm not the only person who has done that in order to maintain a source. Its a give/take relationship not a give/give one.

-Stooge Ron!! Posted Image