• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone want to revisit Sothron's phone call?

GST

Quote:

I said since my very first post I am a fan of this *team* more than anything else. If I think something (while interesting) may harm it then I'm not going to say anything. If I think something (while interesting) may harm it then I'm not going to say anything

Wow, telling the public that the Hawks are probably tanking sure doesn't harm this team. :

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Some would argue that anything that makes it more likely that the ASG cans Woodson is a good thing for the team. I am not sure if that is Sothron's rationale. Clearly, it is not helpful for short-term morale on the team (to the extent anything on the Squawk influences the players on the team).

Tanking is for losers, plain and simple. I would never let my team tank just to get the coach fired. Woodson probably will not be fired anyway, so there's no point in tanking. Of course i want him to be fired, but if the best alternate is Larry Drew or some other bum, then is tanking really the right route?

Posted Image

• Moderators

(1) I don't think Sothron was claiming to be promoting tanking by posting about it. I think his take would be more that (like most posters) Woody is losing his own players and that this is something newsworthy to Hawks fans.(2) The team has no incentive to tank this year and a terrible year might result in BK being gone or on thin ice. Clearly, they aren't going to tank like they have done in year's past.(3) I don't think everyone needs to agree with Sothron posting that or that they would with something that controversial.For that reason, it doesn't surprise me that you would not endorse tanking by anyone on the team (nor do I for that matter - Woody's problems should be evident without that).

• Premium Member

Stoogeron proclaimed that the team planned a Mutiny.

He also said that sometimes he floats false information to serve the purpose of "his guy".

If National Media believed that the team planned a mutiny to fire Woody and presented it... Who does it help the most?

I say "Evil Lord Belkin"...

Bottom Line.

If this team want Woody fired, they would just go out and do what he says...

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Have you contacted Bill Shanks and Jaywalker yet? What's that? No? I didn't think so. Too scared to have your pathetic agenda destroyed in front of everyone. I actually pity people like yourself who have so much stored in their e-persona that they just can't admit they were wrong.As for specific stories, I actually am busy here at work but off the top of my head I remember breaking the story that Pritchard called Knight about a possible trade and said when it happened before it was reported, I remember talking about Knight's interest in Yi before anyone was putting Yi to Atlanta, I remember mentioning the Amare deal and what the thinking was behind it from all sides before it was a draft night ESPN special, I remember talking about Gasol and Calderon being a linked trade for us and then people on the Raptors realgm board were talking about trading for Chill after I reported that exact trade and that Toronto wanted both Chill and #11 IIRC...I can keep going but specifically I have said several things.I did mention the Aldeman interest, the Biedrins offer for Smoove and a few players talking about tanking as well. Is that still too "vague" for you?Why don't you call Bill Shanks or Jaywalker and ask them about it. I mean unless your agenda gets in the way that is.

Don't sweat the small stuff.I appreciate you typing about rumors you hear. When you post you say these are: "rumors", or "this is what I heard" or "I got a strange phone call."Rumors are rumors. Some news is better then no news.I aprreciate you posting what you hear. You are closer to the ASG and the front office then any one else here.Keep posting.

Really not going to get into the middle of this, but can't help falling out of my chair laughing at this. Soth and I got into a year or so ago and I haven't had much cred in him, but at least respected him as a poster. So lets get this straight:

Quote:

I remember talking about Knight's interest in Yi before anyone was putting Yi to Atlanta So you said BK was interested in drafting the 3rd overall projected propsect uh..... 3rd. Yi was in two ESPN mocks in April as goign third. Most importantly did we end up drafting Yi 3rd? , I remember mentioning the Amare deal and what the thinking was behind it from all sides before it was a draft night ESPN special, so a deal that has been said to be just rumors, all three teams deny it was going to happen. never happened I remember talking about Gasol and Calderon being a linked trade for us and then people on the Raptors realgm board were talking about trading for Chill after I reported that exact trade and that Toronto wanted both Chill and #11 IIRC... um you just said earlier in this post that you said it was 11 straight up for calderon, so another fan on another "message board" comes up with a likely trade scenerio similar and its your idea? I can keep going but specifically I have said several things.I did mention the Aldeman interest, the Biedrins offer for Smoove and a few players talking about tanking as well. Is that still too "vague" for you? neither has been even spoken about by anyone else Why don't you call Bill Shanks or Jaywalker and ask them about it. I mean unless your agenda gets in the way that is.
So ummmmmmmmmmmmm not calling you out but well ummmmmmmm. You listed 7 things you broke, Yi = never happenedAmare = never happenedGasol = never happenedCalderon = never happenedAdelman = never happenedSmooth = hasnt happened, still giving you it might Tanking = comebacks, and if it ever got out, since clearly it can if you know. Don't you think those players reps would take a serious hit ala Vince Carter? So I highly doubt they would let anyone know but themselves. So for your "scoops" that you just listed you are 0-5 with two more looking less likely. Sorry if after awhile your 0-7 rumors are hard to phathom.The one that really got me was Adleman, never, and I mean never ever have I heard of a coach or agent inquiring about a job that wasn't vacant. They just don't do that to each other.

Thanks for proving my point. YOU BROKE NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH.I read that pritchard called BK the day after the draft on hoopshype. That's breaking big news?Our interest in Yi was broken when we found out the whole gang was invited to his workout. You didn't break anything. Plus, how interested were we in Yi because we didn't draft him?Adelman interest? That fairy tale was never reported ANYWHERE. Except by you...big story there buddy. Did Adelman come and coach the Hawks? Smoove for Biedrins? Again, that "story" was only on here by YOU. Who says its true? You? That is ridiculous. Lets see if it HAPPENS.Gasol/Calderon to the Hawks? Really, you broke that story? What story? Was their a trade that I missed? Oh, thats right. Nothing happened in your big story.To recap...Everything you listed NEVER happened. Every big breaking story NEVER occurred. Nice work Columbo.And ESPN was PMing you about this information? Your nose keeps growing Pinnochio. BTW, there's difference in breaking rumors (and making them up) and breaking a real story. But the stuff you listed has zero chance of ever being verified, its ALL conjecture which is exactly how you want it.

• Premium Member

I'm still waiting for news you contact those two guys Pete. You look absolutely pathetic at this point by completely avoiding them and avoiding the one way you could verify your agenda or have your precious agenda shattered.I reported the Pritchard call BEFORE anyone else did. Look at the dates. I reported the interest in Amare BEFORE anyone else did, look at the dates. I reported our interest in Yi BEFORE anyone else did, look at the dates.I have stipulated all along from the *start* that what I pass along here was rumors based on sources within the team. Those guys have told me somethings that happened before it went down (SAR/Theo, Walker for Terry) but I was forbidden to REPEAT them. They didn't want to screw up the deals by having it blabbed about and as a fan of the team I honored that request. Stuff like "we have interest in Amare and a possible trade" they let me run with because for whatever their reasons they wanted it out there.Again I'd point you to ask Jaywalker about being forbidden to report things but since you seem terrified of actually having independent verification you wouldn't have the guts to do that either.Please abstain from posting until you have contacted them and asked them about this. You are just looking like a fool otherwise and I am not going to disgrace you even further by pointing out how bad it makes you look by chickening out from contacting them.

• Premium Member

Thanks man. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but I do in fact put up with stuff like this just to get the information out to real fans of the team who, like me, would like to know something that goes on with the team. If the regular media coverage of the Hawks was any better than what it is I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten the first bone tossed me way. Posted Image

I'm supposed to call a guy in Shanks who I don't know and ask him what? Ask him if your inside info is a fraud? The man would think I'd lost my mind. Excuse me, Mr. Shanks, I know this guy on an Internet site that claims that he has inside info on the Hawks. Is he telling the truth? LMAO.Sothron, by your own admission your best "breaking stories" leave you 0 for 7. NOTHING you broke came to fruition. I don't need to ask someone else if your the real deal because I already have the answer.