• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone want to revisit Sothron's phone call?

GST

Quote:

Hey, I want credit for breaking the news on Amare. I don't know when, but I was speculating that Amare was on the blocks and that the hawks should make a play for him. Does that make me an insider??? Posted Image

Yes, by some standards I'd say you were a true insider. Do you have anything more to share or is that the extent of your inside info?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

How would that rumor affect Belkin?
How embarrassing would it be to the current ownership if a team is tanking?Think about D. Stern's position. Now he seemingly favors the ASG over Belkin. However, right after the ref fixing games scandal, he get news that ATL Ownership and people in the FO (according to stoogeron) new about the team tanking to get rid of the coach... Don't you think Stern's loyalty to ASG (whatever that may be) will change to Belkin?I wouldn't want incompetent owners who let it get this bad... Would you?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

How would that rumor affect Belkin?
How embarrassing would it be to the current ownership if a team is tanking?Think about D. Stern's position. Now he seemingly favors the ASG over Belkin. However, right after the ref fixing games scandal, he get news that ATL Ownership and people in the FO (according to stoogeron) new about the team tanking to get rid of the coach... Don't you think Stern's loyalty to ASG (whatever that may be) will change to Belkin?I wouldn't want incompetent owners who let it get this bad... Would you?
Given that the whole reason Woodson is still employed by the ASG may be the Belkin lawsuit, I am not sure this endears Belkin to Stern. I think if this was proven, though, that the players could get hammered by the team financially (with suspensions).

• Premium Member

There's no reason why the ASG can't fire Woody.Woody can be fired RIGHT Now... and Drew named his successor.I'm not taking Belkin's side at all.. However, if our team is "tanking" to get rid of Woody... That does say something about the way we do business in Atlanta... That speaks to leadership and that speaks to current ownership. Mainly because the ripples will still lead to Stern. Stern would rather have a pretty picture than a good story.

Quote:

There's no reason why the ASG can't fire Woody.Woody can be fired RIGHT Now... and Drew named his successor.I'm not taking Belkin's side at all.. However, if our team is "tanking" to get rid of Woody... That does say something about the way we do business in Atlanta... That speaks to leadership and that speaks to current ownership. Mainly because the ripples will still lead to Stern. Stern would rather have a pretty picture than a good story.
I Agree

• Premium Member

You know what to ask him. Ask him if he contacted me about what I was hearing. Ask him if he left me the means to contact him privately. Its very simple Pete. Even a pathetic troll like you can figure it out.

Also, still no word on why Jaywalker backed me up? Got no answer to that one that doesn't fit your sad agenda?

Posted Image

wait a damn minute. You have been saying for days now that calling Shanks was to verify your inside guy. So what is the purpose of calling someone if he just pm'd you asking what you knew. Nobody is arguing that a sports guy called you. So if I type that I know someone is assassinating the president and the secret service calls me to ask how I know and what I know, what does that prove? So TP calls Shanks and ask that, where are we then we verified a reporter saw your post and contacted you and gave you a number if you hear something. thats just a reporter hoping you pan out and if can get something he can that proves nothing. So why do you keep champion that as your be all end all proof.

I remember Jay saying that Sothron knew somebody. I am never arguing that point I am sure he does know someone there. But Jay never came out with stuff like this. Jay can confirm he knows somebody, but that doesn't mean that that person is telling Soth all this stuff. big difference in telling what your guy tells you, and then what Soth does of just posting vague random opinions and saying no no i know someone. Not arguing that he does or doesn't know someone. But is it not odd that Jay's info ALWAYS panned out, and I mean always. It was never vague, it was direct and to the point. Now Soth knows this guy and it is 0-7 and couldn't be more vague. He might as well work for Ms. Cleo and just state generalizations. Jay never posted stuff saying it was to fit someones agenda and never flip flopped back and forth. Oh but the best part is that the tidbits that he found out in advance that DID pan out like he knew of the Big Dog, Walker, and Terry trades conveniently never got posted. But the ones he did post about that he said "more then likely, and make sure you watch this" never did uh. I wish I could say that I knew the winning lotto numbers the last 2 weeks , but chose not to play. This week I didn't but I played anyway, but hey if I hit I def. knew about it

First, Jaywalker never came on and constantly blew his own horn and his information was 10x better. Second, even if Jaywalker did vouch for Ron, it doesn't mean the info is any good.By his own admission, when asked to supply his inside info, he listed the following as his breaking news:Broke that we were interested in Yi. Really, with the 3rd pick we were interested in the 3rd best prospect at the time? He also listed Brandan Wright, Yi, and Horford all in the same post. Great insight. Oh, did we actually draft Yi? Uh, no.Broke the fact that Kevin Pritchard talked to BK. Wow, great scoop, especially since the night of the draft we all speculated how PTL would likely want to re-unite Conley with Oden in a great marketing bonanza. The next morning I read in hoopshype that we had informal talks with the Blazers and then I see it on here. There is zero teeth in this breaking news.Broke the Adelman story. What Adelman story? Oh, the one he invented for his loyal legions. I believe Adelman is employed by the Rockets now. I also believe this story is total BS because coaches don't operate that way. This sort of "story" is the worst kind but the kind Ron specializes...the kind where it never happened anywhere and its impossible to verify.Broke the Biedrins for Smoove trade. Total nonsense...see Adelman story above.Broke the Gasol/Calderon trade. Again, where's the story? This trade was all speculation and never happened. Further, it later came out that Calderon was never shopped because the Raps love him. They stated publicly before the draft that he wasn't on the market. We were rumored for Ridnour but never Calderon. Again, is "breaking news" really something that NEVER HAPPENS? That doesn't do much for me.The stories I just mentioned were the one's HE LISTED as breaking news. He also said there were "other" stories but he couldn't remember. How convenient. Frankly, if my breaking news was that weak I would forget the rest too.Some may like this game but I prefer to talk real issues on this board. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but total BS is not what makes this a great fan site. It's discussing real issues.I know Sothron knows somebody but his little game got out of control a while back. I know people inside too but I'm afraid that they either don't know or won't share because it isn't a professional thing to do...and the Hawks brass would NEVER permit it. Levenson reads this board quite often and it makes no sense.The quality of the "breaking news" speaks for itself anyway.

• Premium Member

First of all I never blow my own horn. The only people that seem to think that are attention whores like yourself and Diesel. Second of all Jaywalker completely verified myself. You can't hold him to any kind of standard and then discount him when he says something that blows your sad internet agenda out of the water.Third of all I frankly do not believe a word you say when you rant about how often you have these deep soul stirring conversations with Bernie or Knight or whatever owner you google about to then claim you have some kind of personal relationship. Where's the indepedent verification this is true? Where's YOUR proof? Fourth of all I said from the start that what I was hearing was interior talk inside the team. Speculation stories are exactly that. Reasonable people don't blast ESPN when they report that "X" team is rumored to be wanting to trade for "Y" player and it never happens. When one of the team later confirms there WAS talk about it then that is all the "proof" a reasonable person can expect to have.There was a lot of talk about trading with our picks last draft. Just because it did not result in a trade did NOT mean the talks never took place. Its asinine to expect otherwise but then again I have come to expect that from you. When someone in a PM tells you that he laughs at your personal injuries from a car wreck and tells you to "stop whining" about them, well, into the asinine ranks you go.

Actually, I have forwarded email messages from Bernie, to several on this site. Look at Troy's sig...that was just one of the quotes in an email that he sent me last season. Bernie will always pick up the phone and talk with season ticket holders. I don't remember all of the people that I sent emails to but there were certainly 4 or 5 that got it. I sent it behind the scenes because I would never post it directly because I don't believe that stuff should be public knowledge. You are resorting to the old political tool of attacking the messenger. That doesn't change the situation.BTW, telling everybody about how you have been contacted by ESPN and that Chad Ford and company are stealing your sources IS BLOWING YOUR HORN.

Quote:

When someone in a PM tells you that he laughs at your personal injuries from a car wreck and tells you to "stop whining" about them, well, into the asinine ranks you go.
Your a drama queen Sothron. First, I never LAUGHED AT YOUR INJURIES. You being dramatic for effect. I told you that I had the EXACT SAME injury a few years ago and had major surgery in the same area so I know what your going through. I also told you that I was tired of reading about how much in pain you were in, to either stop posting or suck it up.Because I had the same experience I knew something of the pain and I thought you were milking it. That hardly means I was laughing at your wreck. Come on, dude.

This is what I don't get. So your sources haven't told you one thing that has panned out to happen. It's like the little boy who cried wolf. If your sources do have an agenda then why would they keep leaking bad info. The thing with an agenda or wanting to leak stuff is to have people believe you. So if you say 7 things and none of them pan out, and to top that off you admit to giving bad info and misinformation how credible is it. I'm sorry but if your "source" does have an agenda, by putting out wrong or propursely putting out bad info then when they do want to get something out what credibility does it have. By your own omission you know some of this info is bad but you still post it. So next time you post something, what is the first thing that will come to the mind of even those that do buy all this BS, gee I wonder if this is real or another bogus agenda story. It makes no sense. The only way to further an agenda or to keep leaking stories is if the masses believe it. So after an 0-7 and admitting to posting misinformation how effective is that????