Two year extension offered to Woodson

HawkItus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21 UGH!!! He is a terrible coach and with so many good coaches becoming available this is very disappointing to hear. This is a big mistake on Sund's part. We have an up and coming team that are in need of guidance by a quality coach. This is really disappointing.

Obviously this raises issues. Did Sund really make the decision or is the ASG pulling the strings?If Sund did make this decision on his own then that raises questions about his judgement considering how many coaches were available. I certainly didn't hear of any other coaches being interviewed. It shouldn't be long before KB21 comes in and says that hiring Woodson was the right decision even though he was saying all along that Woody was probably gone.

actually, considering what Pheonix and Chicago.....two better situations came up with......I'm almost of the opinion this was the right move. We know this team can overcome Woodson's flaws and be successful. So 2 years to see if he and Sund are a better mix makes sense. Also, don't rule out a strong experienced asst. coach being brought in to "help" Woodson.

Quote:

per AJC.comDisgusting. If you read my post on how to evaluate whether Woody should be brought back, using that as the criteria, I don't think he deserves the offer of a new contract. To me he brings nothing to the table that leads me to believe that the overall performance of the team will improve. His argument that they've improved every year under him can be countered by the fact he's had a slew of lotto picks (albeit mix matched parts) that grew and got better over time. Our performance before the playoffs should have been the ultimate indictment against this guy. To me continunity was the only argument (other than money) to keep him. To me the continuity argument loses out to the lack of on court strategy, player development, and innovation he's displayed. Any buzz I felt from our playoff performance has been lessened. Do I think this team can make the playoffs again? Maybe. However, nothing about Woody tells me this team will improve enough under his leadership to make much noise in the East.

WTF? ridiculous.....i don't care what we did in the playoffs...noone can tell me that Mike Woodson is a better coach than Avery Johnson or Flip Saunders...which tells me they dont care about getting the best possible coach or maximizing their potential..2 years? i would have been somewhat ok with one year but 2?so let me guess, we start underacheiving and then we have to replace the coach halfway through the season..but wait that would mean an assitant taking over...but why do that, just leave the coach in to the end of the year...by then they say, why fire him if it's only one more year and pay that money for nothing......ASG are idiots...

Quote:

Apparently every other team in the league hiring a coach doesn't think very highly of Avery or Flip so why should we be judged so harshly for passing them up?At least other teams actually interview coaches. I haven't seen anything about Sund interviewing anybody not on the Hawks payroll.

Quote:

Apparently every other team in the league hiring a coach doesn't think very highly of Avery or Flip so why should we be judged so harshly for passing them up?Because every other team in the league does not have an underperforming coach. Well, the Bobcats did have an underperforming coach, but they fired him and hired a hall of famer.Hopefully the team can overcome Woody's deficiencies and build on last years "success."

I initially didn't want Woody back, but I'm will to wait it out a little longer. I do think he gained some valuable experience from the playoffs and actually thought some of his game to game changes were pretty good.To be honest, regardless of who is the coach, I will always be a Hawk fan and try to support the team.