• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Libid21's Hawks NBA 2k8 Association

mattlanta

Is Woody the coach or you fired him?

He's still the coach. He's on his final year (remember, I'm playing what was supposed to be last season). But I think I will resign him. He's not too bad in the game, he's got average teaching, average offense, average defense... which is all unrealistic, I know, but still... all the other computer generated coaches in the game have different profile pictures than they actually look in the game- for EXAMPLE: If a coach I would hire that was generated by the computer has a black man in their picture, you see him on the court and he's white and kind of looks like asian. It's confusing, so I just stick with one coach.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawks (6-6) @ Bulls (7-5) - L 112 - 113

STATS - Pts - Rebs - Asts - Stls - Blks

Smith - 27 - 4 - 2 - 0 - 2

Johnson - 22 - 4 - 9 - 1 - 0

Williams - 17 - 5 - 0 - 0 - 0

Bibby - 14 - 3 - 10 - 1 - 0

Horford - 10 - 6 - 0 - 0 - 0

Childress - 9 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 0

Pachulia - 8 - 2 - 0 - 1 - 0

Law - 3 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

Claxton - 2 - 0 - 11 - 0 - 0

Stoudamire - 0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0

West - DNP (Coach's Decision)

Jones - DNP (Coach's Decision)

Player of the Game: ??? I simmed it so I guess it doesn't show?

I tried playing on HOF, and I kept getting frustrated so I simmed it at the third quarter. I play on Superstar now. For some reason on Hall of Fame, they get every rebound, every shot, every call, etc. Duhon outrebounded Horford twice. Great... not.

Next Game vs. Bucks (4-8)

Libid do you know when 2k9 is coming out?

Scheduled release date is October 7, 2008. Hopefully I get at least one association season over with so I can get that game. Or I might not even get that game if the Hawks don't resign Smith cause we'll be so boring to play if he's not on it.

Also, I don't have Xbox Live.

Bucks (4-8) @ Hawks (6-7) - W 102 - 91

Johnson - 24 - 3 - 7 - 0 - 1

Williams - 17 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 0

Smith - 14 - 8 - 2 - 3 - 4

Horford - 14 - 10 - 2 - 3 - 1

Childress - 13 - 4 - 4 - 2 - 0

Bibby - 12 - 3 - 6 - 3 - 1

Pachulia - 4 - 3 - 4 - 0 - 0

Law - 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

Claxton - 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 0

Stoudamire - 0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0

West - DNP (Coach's Decision)

Jones - DNP (Coach's Decision)

Player of the Game: Joe Johnson

Next Game vs. Hornets (12-4)

I'm thinking of playing on 8 minutes rather than 9 minutes a quarter. Feels like the game is dragging when it's 9.

Libib this is interesting stuff.

Here are somethings that I found with the game:

I usually play with the sliders to make things more realistic. The offensive rebounding by the CPU drives me nuts. Completely retarded programming. I usually dorp CPU 0-Boarding down to around 30 and mine to 35.

To keep scores resaonable I boost both teams d-awareness up to around 60-65. That keeps the shooting number in the mid 40s.

For 3 pters, mid range, and close shots I drop the sliders for both into the mid 40s. Again its about getting a more "realistic" NBA feel.

I will say JJ is one of the hardest players to play in the game. I just never can find that sweet spot on his jumper. I really like the way they made Horford, but I spend a lot of time working on his post game in practice.

In terms of the team, I try to do what Libib is doing, keeping the team together as much as possible. However, I almost always trade Chil to get a shooter. I don't do some of the easy trades, e.g., Lue to Philly for Thaddeus Young- I did that a couple of times in association mode, but its just unrealistic.

Yeah, Chillz is very hard to work with. He loses the ball nine times out of ten when he drives to the basket, and his shot is impossible to master. I shoot with him from the three point range when I have to though - he's deadly from out there. Marvin for some reason has excellent ball handle. I used to think JJ was hard to master, but if you go to Practice Mode and get a feel for him, you get used to his shot. I only shoot with him when he's wide open. I usually post up with JJ though since he's a pretty much above average sized shooting guard and can post up against most of the SGs in the league in that game.

Yeah, Chillz is very hard to work with. He loses the ball nine times out of ten when he drives to the basket, and his shot is impossible to master. I shoot with him from the three point range when I have to though - he's deadly from out there. Marvin for some reason has excellent ball handle. I used to think JJ was hard to master, but if you go to Practice Mode and get a feel for him, you get used to his shot. I only shoot with him when he's wide open. I usually post up with JJ though since he's a pretty much above average sized shooting guard and can post up against most of the SGs in the league in that game.

Chillz and Marions shot is one of the easiest to master.......i almost always get 15 ppg with him, on the other Joe...i get really really frustrated, and since hes my favorite player its worst. He almost always misses wide open 3 pointers its very difficult....i have this game for ps3 and i really want to play someone on here.....if anyone else has a ps3 is there a way to play against me or am i a lost cause?

Hornets (12-4) @ Hawks (7-7) - W 74 - 69

Johnson - 15 - 4 - 1 - 1 - 0

Williams - 10 - 5 - 1 - 0 - 0

Childress - 10 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 2

Bibby - 8 - 1 - 6 - 0 - 0

Horford - 8 - 4 - 2 - 0 - 1

Stoudamire - 7 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0

Smith - 6 - 6 - 3 - 0 - 2

Pachulia - 6 - 6 - 0 - 1 - 0

Claxton - 4 - 1 - 5 - 1 - 0

Law - 0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0

West - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

Jones - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

Player of the Game: N/A (Simmed through the second half)

I forgot to play with eight minute quarters, so I just simmed after the halftime.

Next Game @ 76ers (4-11)

2008 OFFSEASON

• Extended Mike Woodson's contract to 4 Years. Assistant Coach's was extended to 2 years.
  • Resigned Josh Childress to $3.3 Mill/Year for 3 years
  • Resigned Mario West to $670k/Year for 2 Years
  • Waived Josh Smith
  • Traded Marvin, Pachulia, 1st Round Pick & 2nd Round pick for the current year to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace
  • Traded 1st Round Pick in 2009 for Andray Blatche
  • Signed Kwame Brown to a 3 Year contract worth $2.00M Per Year.
  • Signed Robert Swift to the league miniumum of $410K/year for 1 year.

I waved Smith cause he was asking for $13 Mill/Year. Yeah right.

Edited by Libid21