• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Madden 09

Admin

I just downloaded it and played it for a little bit and it's pretty cool! This year you have to take the "Madden IQ Test" and it's so that the game can auto set the difficulty level in each main area (rush offense, pass offense, rush defense, and pass defense) and the difficulty in each area will change depending on how you perform each game which will hopefully make the game as challenging (and fair) as possible.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm protesting EA Sports. I won't be buying any of their games for at least a couple of years. Tell me how you guys think of this game when you actually buy it. The game sounds good, but it doesn't look special IMO. They just added new broadcasters (they still sound boring), and added this new Madden IQ Test. Usually these new Madden releases mean it's the same game as last year except with roster updates. I'd rather not spend $60 on roster updates.

I'm protesting EA Sports. I won't be buying any of their games for at least a couple of years. Tell me how you guys think of this game when you actually buy it. The game sounds good, but it doesn't look special IMO. They just added new broadcasters (they still sound boring), and added this new Madden IQ Test. Usually these new Madden releases mean it's the same game as last year except with roster updates. I'd rather not spend $60 on roster updates.

If this game actually auto adjusts it's difficulty to your level of play in specific areas (rather than one general difficulty level) then it's well worth it. The graphics are a lot sharper this year than they were last year that's for sure. As far as roster updates go, how can you not be dying to try out Matt Ryan? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If this game actually auto adjusts it's difficulty to your level of play in specific areas (rather than one general difficulty level) then it's well worth it. The graphics are a lot sharper this year than they were last year that's for sure. As far as roster updates go, how can you not be dying to try out Matt Ryan? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It'll be a big adjustment for me to be playing with a mobile, strong (but inaccurate) armed, speedy quarterback to a relatively less mobile, comparatively weaker (but more accurate) armed, slower quarterback. I've been playing with Vick for almost 7 years now. Heck, Michael Vick is the reason why I'm an All-Atlanta fan in the first place! It's a long story, but a shorter version would be that I was playing Madden 2002, and I wanted a good quarterback. I watched my brother trade for Vick once, so I played his real team, and I didn't even know much about professional sports, but I ended up deciding that all the teams I'd root for from that moment would be from Atlanta (except UConn ofcourse because I was already a huge UConn fan lol).

Actually, having the Atlanta roster free of Vick and Petrino is a big reason for me to get the game. Atlanta finally has a coach (I hated Mora as well after that University of Washington comment) that don't mind seeing his mug associated with the team.

I liked Vick before the dog thing, but now...Let's just say my fanhood has moved on.

Haven't played it, but the game looks great.

I couldn't take it, I ordered this game just now. :(

I bought it at lunch today and have been playing since about 5pm and man it's fun. The guys are a lot more agile this year and you can really feel it both on offense and defense. Perhaps my favorite thing is the new announcers though, Chris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. Plus no Marshall Faulk predicting that one of the teams will win by a field goal.

The damn roster update that EA came out with though screwed me because it sent Jason Taylor to the Redskins but didn't give the Dolphins a 2nd and 6th round pick in the 09 draft like it was suppose to. So now I have no Taylor and no extra pick :(

I want to start a franchise topic for the Falcons, but I don't know how to exactly relay the stats and game breakdown, haha. It's good to hear that you like it though, Dolfan... a lot of people don't like Tom Hammond being on the game though.

Also, did you buy the bundle that came with the NFL Head Coach 09 game?

I want to start a franchise topic for the Falcons, but I don't know how to exactly relay the stats and game breakdown, haha. It's good to hear that you like it though, Dolfan... a lot of people don't like Tom Hammond being on the game though.

Also, did you buy the bundle that came with the NFL Head Coach 09 game?

Hammond is A LOT better than listening to Madden and Summerall trust me.

No I didn't buy it because the 93 version was one of the gay versions with the "passing windows" and I really have no interest in the coach game, although I'm sure that will be fun for some people.

Oh and another cool thing is the "backtrack" where about once a game Collinsworth will break down a play that you just ran and show it a couple of times highlighting different aspects of the play which is pretty neat.

My wife surprised me with it last night!

Unfortunately, I am in the final phases of writing a grant so I don't have any real time to sit down with it and play. I didn't even open the game because if I did, I wouldn't have stopped playing until I had to come into work today.

Hopefully I will get the grant done by end of work today and I can get on the game and loose a whole weekend. Man I need the down time.

Word of advice to anyone in grad school or grant writing, don't do it with a team of people. The back and forth is ridiculous.

I bought it at lunch today and have been playing since about 5pm and man it's fun. The guys are a lot more agile this year and you can really feel it both on offense and defense. Perhaps my favorite thing is the new announcers though, Chris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. Plus no Marshall Faulk predicting that one of the teams will win by a field goal.

The damn roster update that EA came out with though screwed me because it sent Jason Taylor to the Redskins but didn't give the Dolphins a 2nd and 6th round pick in the 09 draft like it was suppose to. So now I have no Taylor and no extra pick :(

Moral of that story- don't play as the fins!

You should do a thread Libs...your Falcons may go 0-16 if you sim though.

Moral of that story- don't play as the fins!

You should do a thread Libs...your Falcons may go 0-16 if you sim though.

That's alright through 2 preseason games I am 2-0, with narrow victories over the Bucs and Jaguars. I have Chad Pennington starting but Henne has been out playing him so he might end up winning the starting job.

Dolfan, how many minutes do you go with? I noticed that running is pretty hard in this game, so I go with seven, thinking about going eight, minutes. The games are usually close, but then again, I'm still at preseason so you never know.

I have been playing 8 minutes quarters and I just finished my 2nd regular season game. Running is definitely hard!! I think it's because they make it too easy in the Madden IQ test for running. I have had great success passing the ball though ever since I made Chad Henne my starter.

How's your franchise doin' now, Dolfy? I'm still in preseason (just finished week two), and the Madden IQ still hasn't gotten to the point where I'm satisfied yet - especially with the running. I'm looking into some sliders right now. I tried some of those dummy profile sliders, and eh... it wasn't my thing. Too much of a hassle IMO. I switched back to my Madden IQ skill level, which no doubt is the best one for me except the running is way too hard. Maybe they'll fix this in the patch?