Hi all,

Just finished my first season.

Franchise:

Falcons

9 minute quarters

Ryan started the whole season

Simed away games, play all the home games

Final record 6-10

Note, I didn't want to win too many games as I wanted the high draft pick to fix the d-line and secondary.

Impressions:

Running was hard at first, but keep with the run and you can find the holes. Turner is a good back, but doesn't have enough speed IMO. He got caught a couple of times on break away runs.

White is a great WR. Catches everything.

Mike Jenkins was traded for a pass catching TE (I had to do this as the Falcons TEs SUCKED).

Pass defense is difficult. The game completes way too many "hard" passes.

The defensive play makers make too may ridiculous plays.

Overall a MUCH better game than last year's.

Will go up to 11 minutes per quarter for season 2 and see if I can make the playoffs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's your franchise doin' now, Dolfy? I'm still in preseason (just finished week two), and the Madden IQ still hasn't gotten to the point where I'm satisfied yet - especially with the running. I'm looking into some sliders right now. I tried some of those dummy profile sliders, and eh... it wasn't my thing. Too much of a hassle IMO. I switched back to my Madden IQ skill level, which no doubt is the best one for me except the running is way too hard. Maybe they'll fix this in the patch?

Dolfy? WTF? I just finished my 4th regular season game and had a classic shootout with the Chargers in which Chad Henne broke the new single season game passing mark with 566 yards and the teams combined for almost 1300 yards of total offense and almost 120 points using 8 minute quarters. It was a rain/mud game so tackling was extremely difficult and they couldn't contain Tedd Ginn, Jr or Ronnie Brown and I couldn't contain Antonio Gates or Ladanian Tomlinson.

That game came on the heels of being absolutely slaughtered by the Patriots by 40 points. Their WRs (main Moss) are unstoppable, Maroney is untackleable (unless by gang tackle), and Brady never misses on 3rd down, plus you can't run on them.

So far the only success I have had running the ball was in the Chargers game where Ronnie Brown had 152 yards on 12 carries (mainly due to a 98 yard TD run) and that came on a play that started inside and he was able to break it outside.

Chad Henne is leading the league in QB rating at around 134 with a couple other QBs not far behind.

Hi all,

Just finished my first season.

Franchise:

Falcons

9 minute quarters

Ryan started the whole season

Simed away games, play all the home games

Final record 6-10

Note, I didn't want to win too many games as I wanted the high draft pick to fix the d-line and secondary.

Impressions:

Running was hard at first, but keep with the run and you can find the holes. Turner is a good back, but doesn't have enough speed IMO. He got caught a couple of times on break away runs.

White is a great WR. Catches everything.

Mike Jenkins was traded for a pass catching TE (I had to do this as the Falcons TEs SUCKED).

Pass defense is difficult. The game completes way too many "hard" passes.

The defensive play makers make too may ridiculous plays.

Overall a MUCH better game than last year's.

Will go up to 11 minutes per quarter for season 2 and see if I can make the playoffs.

Wow you really immersed yourself in the game playing 8 home games at 9 minutes per quarter and finishing in such short time. Did you play the pre-season games?

Did you change the settings on Henne????? Good grief! I gotta get these games now that I have a new PC.

On another note- Dolfy???? Geez. I thought "Libs" was awkward...I'm glad my SN can't be thwarted lol.

No, I haven't changed the settings with Henne, he is rated as a 77 and I don't know what it is about him but I can't pass the ball for crap with Pennington or any of the other Miami QBs but I am much more successful with Henne. He has an absolute cannon for an arm so that probably has something to do with it since I like to hit Ginn on the deep post and with Ginn's speed the QB has to have a strong arm.

"These games" are not available for PC. If you want to play them, get an Xbox 360 or a PS3.

I also agree with frosgrim. Turner is far too slow to take advantage of the D. I play on All-Madden rush O, and it always stays that hard even when Turner's just averaging around 2YPC and gets around 30YPG.

(And "Dolfy" is a sick nickname, I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to have that nickname if I could. lol)

Wow you really immersed yourself in the game playing 8 home games at 9 minutes per quarter and finishing in such short time. Did you play the pre-season games?

I played the first halfs of two preseason games. Then sort of went into play mode. I did get in 3 hour bike ride on Saturday morning, but I was back home by 11, so I just played the rest of the weekend. :)

My wife is very cool about letting me just mellow out. I'll pay next weekend but it was fun.

I use x360 as my gaming platform.

Ugh, I've tried as many sliders as I possibly could, and I still couldn't find one that I was satisfied with. I've decided to give up on trying to make Madden as realistic as possible, and I'm just going to play it the way it came out of the box. At least I had some fun when I first started playing it. I'm probably going to play 5-6 minute quarters and just pass it 80% of the time. Hehe.

Impressions:

I agree that Turner isnt fast enough. I have been using Norwood as my feature back now and he has the speed necessary to get outside the tackles and make good yardage. With rushing, I have the most success running outside, its rare for me to make good yardage between the tackles.

I have played 7 games so far, and am using 12 minute quarters.

Something I miss from other Madden games in franchise mode was training camp before the season started. That way, you can somehow progress the players in a certain part of their game and help them develop. I don't see that in Madden 08 or 09.

And to anyone who's already finished the season and gone into the offseason work, is the scouting for the NFL Draft the same as last year's where you have to actually control the prospect and go through a workout to get a report on him? I think that's stupid, and they should just get rid of that idea because not only are some positions frustratingly difficult to play with, it's also very unrealistic. You should send scouts and they send you the reports through their eyes... reports shouldn't be generated on how well you played with that player in the Combine or whatever. It's just not right.

Something I miss from other Madden games in franchise mode was training camp before the season started. That way, you can somehow progress the players in a certain part of their game and help them develop. I don't see that in Madden 08 or 09.

And to anyone who's already finished the season and gone into the offseason work, is the scouting for the NFL Draft the same as last year's where you have to actually control the prospect and go through a workout to get a report on him? I think that's stupid, and they should just get rid of that idea because not only are some positions frustratingly difficult to play with, it's also very unrealistic. You should send scouts and they send you the reports through their eyes... reports shouldn't be generated on how well you played with that player in the Combine or whatever. It's just not right.

yeah, i used to love that phase of the game too. they probably took it out because you could make the likes of Bryon Scott (our ex FS/CB) a 99 in two years which is... well, if you are a Falcons fan, you know, just unrealistic

There isn't a "training camp" but you can "train" up to 3 players per week before every game and get their numbers up that way. I like that better since you aren't limited to strictly before pre-season to improve them.