• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wanting to get a laptop any suggestions...

capstone21

• Admin

Thanks for the info, I ended up going with Dell Studio 15. THey had 300 off special as well as no shipping cost.

Its a step above the inspiron but not quite up to the XPS level and doesn't cost as much.

I don't intend to game on it so there was no use in getting the XPS. Any gaming I do is actually on my desktop so no worries there.

• Admin
Thanks for the info, I ended up going with Dell Studio 15. THey had 300 off special as well as no shipping cost.

Its a step above the inspiron but not quite up to the XPS level and doesn't cost as much.

I don't intend to game on it so there was no use in getting the XPS. Any gaming I do is actually on my desktop so no worries there.

I was just about to buy it but I ended up going with the Sony Vaio with the new Cetrino 2 processor. It is 2.26 ghz dual core with 3 gigs of ram.

Its has a 16.4" wide screen for a 16:9 screen.

I am pretty pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this thread but thought I would share my laptop experience. I bought an acer last year for $350 from bestbuy for business. It has vista and I haven't really had any issues with it; however, I don't use it for work or any important projects(I did upgrade the ram but ram is cheap as dirt these days and easy to install). So like chillz said, if you just need a web browsing/word processor/email computer any weekly flyer sale laptop will probably be okay.