• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hurricane Ike

Admin

I just heard on the news that Hurricane Ike is being projected now to hit just SW of where I live and I'm about 50 miles inland in Houston so I'll be on the dirty side and they're saying Ike will for sure be a category 4 and possibly a category 5. Houston floods pretty easily and if Ike ends up heading into downtown Houston things will get really bad because of all the big glass buildings.

I just heard on the news that Hurricane Ike is being projected now to hit just SW of where I live and I'm about 50 miles inland in Houston so I'll be on the dirty side and they're saying Ike will for sure be a category 4 and possibly a category 5. Houston floods pretty easily and if Ike ends up heading into downtown Houston things will get really bad because of all the big glass buildings.

Hopefully it turns out well and nothing happens to you or your home. Best of luck.

Looks like its going to take a wicked right turn and go up through Texas. Hope you and yours stay safe.

That turn you spoke of will bring it right up the gut of Dallas (where I live) and the Ft Worth area. They are already predicting sustained winds of 40-50 mph and 4-8 inches of rain in a span of 24 hours or so. Ug...

Yeah Dolfan, looks like Houston won't escape the path of Ike unless something drastic changes.

That turn you spoke of will bring it right up the gut of Dallas (where I live) and the Ft Worth area. They are already predicting sustained winds of 40-50 mph and 4-8 inches of rain in a span of 24 hours or so. Ug...

Yeah Dolfan, looks like Houston won't escape the path of Ike unless something drastic changes.

Yep my brother and his family live in the Ft Worth area and I've been talking to him since yesterday about it but luckily for you guys it will be on the dry side so hopefully it won't be too bad.

For me it looks like we will be sustaining 125+ mph winds for more than 24 hours and 15 ft storm surges around Galveston. Thankfully it has downgraded to a category 3 right now but the center of eye on the current projected path puts it directly over where I live so that should be fun.

Interesting hurricane fact, what are the 2 biggest grocery store purchases during hurricanes? Water is of course #1 but shockingly pop tarts are the #2 item.

Are you being evacuated?

I'm not, it's looking better for me right now because I live on the SW side of Houston and the projected path has gone enough east of me where I'll be on the dry side and now it's projected down to a big category 2.

Many in the southest counties of Houston are under mandatory evacuations though. They are talking about rouge waves of up to 70 feet high so they are very worried about those people.

• Premium Member
I'm not, it's looking better for me right now because I live on the SW side of Houston and the projected path has gone enough east of me where I'll be on the dry side and now it's projected down to a big category 2.

Many in the southest counties of Houston are under mandatory evacuations though. They are talking about rouge waves of up to 70 feet high so they are very worried about those people.

It has been projected as a category 2 that will hit land as cat 3. It also has a diameter of 700 Miles. That is freakin huge... They also said that it's supposed to drop 22 feet of water on the shoreline.

Point is.

Dude, don't take any unnecessary risk. Take a weekend off and visit Arizona or something.

It has been projected as a category 2 that will hit land as cat 3. It also has a diameter of 700 Miles. That is freakin huge... They also said that it's supposed to drop 22 feet of water on the shoreline.

Point is.

Dude, don't take any unnecessary risk. Take a weekend off and visit Arizona or something.

Yeah this is a massive storm. The winds aren't too bad but the storm surge is the size of a massive 4. The hurricane is still 200 miles out of Galveston and the 16' seawall is already starting to be topped!

I should be okay, I'm in a brand new loft and it's a massive concrete building with a huge concrete parking garage and I face north so I won't get the severe winds hitting me. If I were anywhere near Galveston or in SE Houston you bet I'd be taking off. I appreciate your concern though D!

What's amazing is that there are still a few morons who are say they aren't going to leave Galveston, which they predict will be COMPLETELY under water!