• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hurricane Ike

Admin

Thank all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers. I ended up leaving and heading to my parents house in north Houston and have just now gotten back to my place because power was restored today. Unfortunately most of Houston and the surrounding areas are looking at 2-4 or more weeks for power and water to be back. It's an ugly situation but thankfully there have been very few fatalities and everyone is working hard helping each other get through this.

Hope you didn't lose everything... I know how that is though... I'm on the Gulf Coast, Ocean Springs, MS, and my family and I lost everything after Katrina... Hurricane season is the only downfall of living on the Gulf Coast... But, again, even though we have had our differences, thanks in large part to your complete lack of sports knowledge (just kidding), I hope you and yours made it through Ike with minimal losses...

How is the recovery going down in your part of Houston? The news up here has dropped off emensely.

It's going okay, although there are still a large number of homes without power and many traffic lights are still out which is causing a ton of accidents.

Not sure if you've heard but they are thinking that thousands of people might have been washed away in the storm because there are many thousands still missing.

Then there are hundreds of people that will lose their land because of erosion and their land now becoming government land. Very sad for them.