• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stock Market... Help?

mattlanta

Just wondering if some of you fellas' can help me out with my Personal Finance class. I'm enrolled in this class for Fall-Winter (half the school year), and I have no clue what the teacher is talking about. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me out or just some of you guys chip in your words of wisdom on this topic.

We are also assigned two big projects for each semester, and the first one is I have to do a lot of research on one company and make boards with info of the company's stocks and whatnot (we're getting our info from Yahoo! Finance) and make it presentable to show the class. The stock I chose was Under Armor. I can still change my stock if I need to, but I figured Under Armor's logo would be pretty easy to replicate (Nike was already taken). Also, if you're going to suggest a new stock for me to look at, make sure it's an American stock because my instructor doesn't want us to use any foreign stock markets or whatever...

But yeah... I need help on understanding this stuff, and if some of you think Under Armor is a bad stock to make a project from, please suggest another one. Thanks.

I don't know if this will help but here are a few suggestions. I think the LA times website has an investing 101 link which is free and will teach some basics of investing, if that is what you're having difficulty understanding. Also, use sites like vanguard to research stock performances over time. Clark Howards website has some investing info as well. Don't know if this helps at all but good luck anyway.

I don't know if this will help but here are a few suggestions. I think the LA times website has an investing 101 link which is free and will teach some basics of investing, if that is what you're having difficulty understanding. Also, use sites like vanguard to research stock performances over time. Clark Howards website has some investing info as well. Don't know if this helps at all but good luck anyway.

can you help me find them please?