Stock market crash

exodus

• Moderators

One consequence of the increased fuel prices has been strengthening US companies competing against China because the increased transporation costs from China to North America, Europe, etc. have offset any cost savings the cheaper products and labor costs give to the Chinese companies. That dynamic should be around for a while.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

headline of the day, Gold at a 1yr low :p

If the US automakers cant compete at the top end of manufacturing, im not too confident any manufacturing jobs would return stateside due to increased import costs. Also i noticed in China, when manufacturing gets more expensive, they move Inland to undeveloped areas that are also less regulated...or they goto Vietnam/indonesia. Wait until N Korea opens up, there will be a rush for cheap labor mfg investment there!

headline of the day, Gold at a 1yr low :p

If the US automakers cant compete at the top end of manufacturing, im not too confident any manufacturing jobs would return stateside due to increased import costs. Also i noticed in China, when manufacturing gets more expensive, they move Inland to undeveloped areas that are also less regulated...or they goto Vietnam/indonesia. Wait until N Korea opens up, there will be a rush for cheap labor mfg investment there!

That is a good point i hadn't thought of that. They could certainly use the jobs.

i noticed that about gold. It got hit hard by the rally in the dollar.

I may be looking to buy back into the market here shortly but i am not sure when. The last dip on friday seemed a little too easy and predictable. I think the next good buy in point will be a little tougher to time. There is so much bad news out there that the market could set a substantially lower low before bouncing.