• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone here play 2k9 online?

Admin

Every time I connect to XBox Live through 2k9 and try to play a game I get the error message

"Your online roster has not been verified by the 2k Sports service so there may be fewer matches available to you than normal. You may try reconnecting to 2k Sports from the Xbox LIVE menu."

Has anyone experienced this? I've searched Google but haven't come up with any answers.

You are definitely NOT alone man...NBA 2K games are the only games that I play and LOVE them...But 2k9 being the best basketball graphics, gameplay, and realistic sports game ever, the online has disappointed the masses and thousands are lighting up their board with complaints...

They are saying that they have been working to iron out all of the online issues...They initially said that they would be done by the end of last week...SO hopefully within the next week or two we'll get to go hard...Hit me (GT: ATL Kenta) up...I welcome all challengers...

Meanwhile download the most realistic rosters on 2k "KPMM Official Rosters v.1" that include better ratings for all players (i.e. no more ridiculously high 3pt ratings) / all trades and signings as of 10/12/08 and 4-5 missing players created, including our own Randolph Morris!

Also, please show support and rate it 5...

You are definitely NOT alone man...NBA 2K games are the only games that I play and LOVE them...But 2k9 being the best basketball graphics, gameplay, and realistic sports game ever, the online has disappointed the masses and thousands are lighting up their board with complaints...

They are saying that they have been working to iron out all of the online issues...They initially said that they would be done by the end of last week...SO hopefully within the next week or two we'll get to go hard...Hit me (GT: ATL Kenta) up...I welcome all challengers...

Meanwhile download the most realistic rosters on 2k "KPMM Official Rosters v.1" that include better ratings for all players (i.e. no more ridiculously high 3pt ratings) / all trades and signings as of 10/12/08 and 4-5 missing players created, including our own Randolph Morris!

Also, please show support and rate it 5...

Thanks for the information! I had some problems with 2k8 last year but nothing nearly this bad.

Can you play online with those downloaded rosters?

Every time I connect to XBox Live through 2k9 and try to play a game I get the error message

"Your online roster has not been verified by the 2k Sports service so there may be fewer matches available to you than normal. You may try reconnecting to 2k Sports from the Xbox LIVE menu."

Has anyone experienced this? I've searched Google but haven't come up with any answers.

I just played yesterday and didn't have a problem. I got destroyed too.

Edited by Lascar78

Hmm, I tried at lunch yesterday and couldn't get on. I'll probably try again at lunch today if I can get home.

Wow and I thought it was just a PS3 thing. I had 2k8 last year for the 360 and never had any problems with it. Even when it does work whoever came up with that online interface should be shot. It's like navigating through 8 feet of cow sh*t in a Miata. I have no idea why they changed it from last years version. Last years online game play was nothing short of stellar.

Wow and I thought it was just a PS3 thing. I had 2k8 last year for the 360 and never had any problems with it. Even when it does work whoever came up with that online interface should be shot. It's like navigating through 8 feet of cow sh*t in a Miata. I have no idea why they changed it from last years version. Last years online game play was nothing short of stellar.

Yeah there are some things with the interface as a whole (not just online) that bug me, but nothing bugs me anywhere near as much as the way the menus rock back and forth before settling into position. Damn that's annoying!

Yeah there are some things with the interface as a whole (not just online) that bug me, but nothing bugs me anywhere near as much as the way the menus rock back and forth before settling into position. Damn that's annoying!

Yeah, seriously. 2k's whole nagivation is off. Last year was my first run at 2k bball and it took me longer to condition myself to using the stix to pull up menues than it did for me to master the actual game. Somethings just not natural about it.

Yeah, seriously. 2k's whole nagivation is off. Last year was my first run at 2k bball and it took me longer to condition myself to using the stix to pull up menues than it did for me to master the actual game. Somethings just not natural about it.

That was the same for me, I had been a Live guy since the day it came out but I wanted to give 2k a proper chance since everyone was raving about it and I have to admit that the game play was excellent last year but it's almost perfect this year and even with the online issues and weird rocking menu I wouldn't go back to Live. It took a while to get used to using the sticks for navigation but I am used to it now and enjoy using them. With that being said, there are some things that they could learn from Madden that would make 2k a hell of a lot better game.

That was the same for me, I had been a Live guy since the day it came out but I wanted to give 2k a proper chance since everyone was raving about it and I have to admit that the game play was excellent last year but it's almost perfect this year and even with the online issues and weird rocking menu I wouldn't go back to Live. It took a while to get used to using the sticks for navigation but I am used to it now and enjoy using them. With that being said, there are some things that they could learn from Madden that would make 2k a hell of a lot better game.

Very true. Once you get past the evil menu(s) the game is rock solid. I'm glad I switched to 2k as it is THE best bball game I've ever played. Ditto on the Madden advice.

• 3 weeks later...

What a bunch of horseshit this online crap is. I FINALLY got it to let me play a game online and I beat my opponent by 1 point and I don't know if the guy yanked his network cable out of the wall or what but just before the game could complete all of the sudden it lost the connection and it's like the game never happened.

That's the last attempt I'm making at playing this BS game online.