• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA 2k9 Questions

mattlanta

I'm thinking whether or not it's worth it to ask for this game for Christmas. I don't have Xbox Live, and if I did, I would only have Live for two days (so I would be able to download the rosters). Speaking of rosters, have the roster updates come out yet? Also, if you start out with the original rosters, I know it's not really updated because Salim Stoudamire is still on the team, but are the people that are supposed to be on the team in the game still? Whether they're in Free Agency or on another team... for example, are Randolph Morris, Othello Hunter, etc. on the original rosters that come with the game?

Now that you've had the game for a while, I want to ask most of you guys (I know Dolfan, you have it) what you guys really think about this game. I know some reviews are written right after you get the game so you're still pumped up about the game. That's why I wait a month or so after a game is released before I judge the game because the first few reviews people write are all hyped.

u dont need to have the Gold membership to DL the roster updates/sliders, just internet connection and sign up for the FREE silver membership...thats what im using, i dont have wireless but i have a 50ft ethernet cord running from my room lol

a lot of the roster downloads are pretty accurate try the OS OUTSIDERS (www.operationsports.com) roster or RASHIDI's Roster files (www.thereak2kinsider.blogspot.com) they are more accurate than the actual updates (Morris, Hunter & Gardner are not in the original game, but i believe Morris was added on the official update, but i never use those...like i said i prefer the ones from Rashidi or the OS Outsiders

u got numerous sliders to choose from pick one that suits your style

but yeah its definitely an upgrade from 2k8...spacing and defense is noticable

one issue i have been having is points in the paint...The cpu just seems to score in the paint a lot more this year

but yeah its worth it man

I'm thinking whether or not it's worth it to ask for this game for Christmas. I don't have Xbox Live, and if I did, I would only have Live for two days (so I would be able to download the rosters). Speaking of rosters, have the roster updates come out yet? Also, if you start out with the original rosters, I know it's not really updated because Salim Stoudamire is still on the team, but are the people that are supposed to be on the team in the game still? Whether they're in Free Agency or on another team... for example, are Randolph Morris, Othello Hunter, etc. on the original rosters that come with the game?

Now that you've had the game for a while, I want to ask most of you guys (I know Dolfan, you have it) what you guys really think about this game. I know some reviews are written right after you get the game so you're still pumped up about the game. That's why I wait a month or so after a game is released before I judge the game because the first few reviews people write are all hyped.

all I can tell u is 2k9 is good..real good. might take u a little while to get used to it tho being that it is much different from the previous NBA 2k games but it is very realistic. go get it ASAP! NBA Live is trash compared to this! lol

all I can tell u is 2k9 is good..real good. might take u a little while to get used to it tho being that it is much different from the previous NBA 2k games but it is very realistic. go get it ASAP! NBA Live is trash compared to this! lol

While I still feel it is better than Live, I actually was a little disappointed this year. On defense the players reaction time to your movement is sloooow. It's nearly impossible to get your man to stop on defense where you want him to. On a fast break you MUST icon pass. Even if it is completely obvious who the pass should go to. I keep hearing how lifelike this game is but the computer will make some passes that NO ONE in the NBA would make EVER. That and the on line menus suck arse. On-line play is flat out stupid.

That's the biggest things I noticed from 2K8 to 2K9. I haven't played as much as I'd like to but every time I pick it up I seriously consider playing 2K8 instead. Maybe it will win me over in time.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want something that is much more similar to the real thing, go with 2k9. If you just want a game to play against your friends occasionally, you'd probably want Live. Personally, I get really into the Association (Franchise mode).

As said earlier, with the Free Silver Membership you can download roster updates. It's nice to as they update them about once a week or after any major trade. The Knicks, Warriors, Clippers all look vastly different than their original rosters. Also, certain players ratings have gone up or down. Derrick Rose went from an 80 to an 85. While Elton Brand dropped from a 92 to 88.

• Premium Member
While I still feel it is better than Live, I actually was a little disappointed this year. On defense the players reaction time to your movement is sloooow. It's nearly impossible to get your man to stop on defense where you want him to. On a fast break you MUST icon pass. Even if it is completely obvious who the pass should go to. I keep hearing how lifelike this game is but the computer will make some passes that NO ONE in the NBA would make EVER. That and the on line menus suck arse. On-line play is flat out stupid.

That's the biggest things I noticed from 2K8 to 2K9. I haven't played as much as I'd like to but every time I pick it up I seriously consider playing 2K8 instead. Maybe it will win me over in time.

Played it this last weekend and I completely agree with you.

And I wish that they would add in an "expansion draft." That's really all I want to do when I play...everything else about association mode is just ludicrous.

Games hot. Online play and the league play is improved. What stuck out to me this year is the continuation fouls. Much more realistic.

yea its a good game and much more realistic. but goaltending still sucks and they dont call kick ball and 3 in the key which sucks tho!

yea its a good game and much more realistic. but goaltending still sucks and they dont call kick ball and 3 in the key which sucks tho!

They do call illegal defense and offensive 3 seconds because I've had both of them called on me. Defensively as long as you're guarding your man you can be in the paint as long as you want and I believe that it's accurate with the NBA.

I'm 27 and I don't really play video games much, but I play NBA 2K because NBA 2K is the "Truth" when it comes to being the most realistic NBA simulation PERIOD....And man, the Patch that was released a couple days ago just took it to another level....Up until then the gameplay was really irritating and at time hard to enjoy....But now, the defense is a little better, rebounding is better, the shots inside are a little tougher like they should be, the A.I. pays better attention to loose balls, Team Up mode is very nice now, and a lot of freezing/crashing issues were fixed....

The game is off the chain now and the latest roster update (Dec. 3rd) was probably the best one yet...They cleaned up the 3PT ratings across the board (then even dropped Lebron's 3PT rating to 73 - FINALLY!) and they even added Chris Paul and Derrick Rose's own isomotion and Rudy Gay's own dunk package...

As for the Hawks updates: Hunter, Gardner, Morris were added weeks ago...But Marvin Williams 3PT is finally realistically upgraded @ 84, Mo Evans' 3PT is up a tad to 85, Josh Smith's block is (FINALLY) up to 96 and his overall went up to 89...

I heard there's a way to connect 360 to the internet using Laptop? Any ideas? because I just need to update once in a while and don't want to disconnect the 360 and bring it up to the room every time to update something... Much easier to bring the laptop to the 360.

There's a way. I don't know how though, but it should be online. Sorry if I'm not of any help, but I'm just confirming that there is a way to do so because my brother wirelessly connects the laptop and my 360 to get online to download roster updates once in a while... good luck.

I heard there's a way to connect 360 to the internet using Laptop? Any ideas? because I just need to update once in a while and don't want to disconnect the 360 and bring it up to the room every time to update something... Much easier to bring the laptop to the 360.

Here Ya Go

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-l...-wireless-adap/

I'm 27 and I don't really play video games much, but I play NBA 2K because NBA 2K is the "Truth" when it comes to being the most realistic NBA simulation PERIOD....And man, the Patch that was released a couple days ago just took it to another level....Up until then the gameplay was really irritating and at time hard to enjoy....But now, the defense is a little better, rebounding is better, the shots inside are a little tougher like they should be, the A.I. pays better attention to loose balls, Team Up mode is very nice now, and a lot of freezing/crashing issues were fixed....

The game is off the chain now and the latest roster update (Dec. 3rd) was probably the best one yet...They cleaned up the 3PT ratings across the board (then even dropped Lebron's 3PT rating to 73 - FINALLY!) and they even added Chris Paul and Derrick Rose's own isomotion and Rudy Gay's own dunk package...

As for the Hawks updates: Hunter, Gardner, Morris were added weeks ago...But Marvin Williams 3PT is finally realistically upgraded @ 84, Mo Evans' 3PT is up a tad to 85, Josh Smith's block is (FINALLY) up to 96 and his overall went up to 89...

Derrick Rose is a freak in the game now. Even though he can't shoot the 3 to save his life, you can isomotion and cross over everybody! I can get to the paint at will. I was also glad to see Josh's block rating finally match his true ability. The only problem is he gets backed down to far in the paint.