• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Forum coming soon to Hawksquawk

gsuteke

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Dolfan - Do you know what my problem is opening these linked threads? The threads get shut down and I get an error message saying that there is a problem with Flash10a.ocx, an Adobe Flash Application.

Dolfan - Do you know what my problem is opening these linked threads? The threads get shut down and I get an error message saying that there is a problem with Flash10a.ocx, an Adobe Flash Application.

It sounds like the Flash plug-in for your browser didn't install correctly or became corrupted, although it's peculiar that you are able to post when there is a Flash file like the scoreboard directly above. I'd suggest going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP and install the most recent Flash player, close and re-start your browser and see if that fixes it.

Okay I have re-enabled the old forums so you should be able to go there and search to your hearts content. I would suggest that if you're going to use them for "classic" threads though that you use some text from within the thread and find it on the current board since we can't actually move posts from the old board and that old board won't be around forever. http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/ubbthreads.phpThe reason that I had them down was because we were getting too much traffic still going to the old board and I didn't want new people getting confused in case they followed an old link to our site from a search engine, but hopefully they'll read the message at the top of the page. I also think that we have sufficiently gotten those links out of the search engine listings since it's been several months since I hid the old site.

testCool. Thanks

• Moderators

It sounds like the Flash plug-in for your browser didn't install correctly or became corrupted, although it's peculiar that you are able to post when there is a Flash file like the scoreboard directly above. I'd suggest going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP and install the most recent Flash player, close and re-start your browser and see if that fixes it.

I followed your link and installed the most recent flash player then closed my browser and restarted it but the same error came up again:Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close.The following add-on was running when this problem occurred:Add-on Name: Flash10a.ocxCompany Name: Adobe systems IncorporateDescription: Adobe Flash Player :sad:

I followed your link and installed the most recent flash player then closed my browser and restarted it but the same error came up again:Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close.The following add-on was running when this problem occurred:Add-on Name: Flash10a.ocxCompany Name: Adobe systems IncorporateDescription: Adobe Flash Player :sad:

That is truly odd. When is it happening? I'm not even sure how you're able to view/post if you're getting that error since you should be getting it every time you browse Hawksquawk. Which skin are you using? Did this just recently start happening?Also, are you using a work computer? I know that some people don't have admin access to be able to update their Flash player and it might be possible that the update install is silently failing.Can you go to the following URL and tell me exactly which Flash version it says you have installed? http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

• Moderators

That is truly odd. When is it happening? I'm not even sure how you're able to view/post if you're getting that error since you should be getting it every time you browse Hawksquawk. Which skin are you using? Did this just recently start happening?

Still using the default skin. This does not happen at all when I am viewing and posting normally. The first time it happened was when I clicked on linked threads on this page (such as the link to the 2002 chad ford thread) and it seems to happen every time I open one of the links to another thread on this page.

Still using the default skin. This does not happen at all when I am viewing and posting normally. The first time it happened was when I clicked on linked threads on this page (such as the link to the 2002 chad ford thread) and it seems to happen every time I open one of the links to another thread on this page.

Sorry I edited my post to add the following:Also, are you using a work computer? I know that some people don't have admin access to be able to update their Flash player and it might be possible that the update install is silently failing.Can you go to the following URL and tell me exactly which Flash version it says you have installed?http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

Work computer.You have version 10,0,12,36 installed.Abover the version information, it has a flash application indicating "ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Successfully Installed."

I honestly can't explain it. You have the most recent version of the Flash player and you're not seeing it on any page except when you click a link inside of this thread to another thread, right? I hate to ask you to do this since it will crash your browser but does this link crash it?http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....097&hl=KB21Or is it only links to the old UBB version of Hawksquawk?

• Moderators

Dolfan - Sounds like I have milder problems than some of those others but that is the issue. FYI - It did crash when I opened the last Squawk link you listed. Did not crash when I opened the link to the adobe help forum.