Sign in to follow this  
gsuteke

New Forum coming soon to Hawksquawk

Dolfan - can we merge these and if so will the 2nd one pick up where the 1st one left off and so on?

I'd prefer to not merge old threads like that. Someone may want to read something from the 3rd thread and if it were merged they'd have to go through numerous posts before getting there. The way merging works (I believe) is that the posts are arranged according to their submission time so often times you'll see posts get mixed together when you merge posts.

I'd prefer to not merge old threads like that. Someone may want to read something from the 3rd thread and if it were merged they'd have to go through numerous posts before getting there. The way merging works (I believe) is that the posts are arranged according to their submission time so often times you'll see posts get mixed together when you merge posts.

I've learnedRule 1. If you're not sure - ask first!

I merged one yesterday because r3drumNYNJ and I started a thread on the same topic at the same time. I moved my thread into his, and added my thread title as the "sub-title" to his. Since there was only a couple of posts in each thread it worked out well.Merged ThreadI did, in fact, arrange the posts according to submission time. It wouldn't have worked if I didn't do it really quickly.

I merged one yesterday because r3drumNYNJ and I started a thread on the same topic at the same time. I moved my thread into his, and added my thread title as the "sub-title" to his. Since there was only a couple of posts in each thread it worked out well.Merged ThreadI did, in fact, arrange the posts according to submission time. It wouldn't have worked if I didn't do it really quickly.

There's no problem with merging new threads that are on the same subject, in fact I would prefer if you do. I just don't want old threads being merged.