• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For You Rap Fans.

Diesel

Best Lyricist  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you want the best rhymer of all time, I say Loaded Lux or Fabolous. Those guys rhyme pretty good... and you can put Pun, Wayne, and some of those others in that category. But a lyricist has to be able to take "one mic" and nothing else and make me see what he's talking about.

LOL, surprised you know who Lux was. He's a great battle rapper and is definitely great lyrically but he's just annoying, he's way too hype, like he needs some meds or something lol. I'm not taking anything away from his skills, though. My favorite battle rappers are Serius Jones and Iron Solomon. Cassidy is crazy too.

Fabolous is sick, no argument there. I just wish he'd make a great album, but he's got to make money and sell records I guess. His mixtapes KILL his albums. Same with Cassidy and many other rappers.

About Pun, you must just not have the taste for him but you won't find any hardcore rap fan that doesn't admit he was one of the best ever lyrically. The guy was a true artist. Fat Joe was actually decent lyrically when he was around.

Wayne and Jay are both overrated to me being that they both stole other peoples style and lyrics to make their present day swag.

Jay-Z has been one of the biggest biters in the business for years. He stole so much. Cam nailed him on the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEZF4Vbe3A.

Listen to this one where he took Big L's verse almost LINE for line. Link