• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Admin

Just got back from seeing this and while I'll say that the plot wasn't all that deep it was still very enjoyable and at least equal to the first movie IMO. There are a ton of special effects and cool new things in this movie and overall a lot more action. I think the movie was over 2 hours long too which was cool but no need to stay after the credits since there isn't anything. The bottom line for me is that the movie was very entertaining and that's enough for me with that type of movie.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from seeing this and while I'll say that the plot wasn't all that deep it was still very enjoyable and at least equal to the first movie IMO. There are a ton of special effects and cool new things in this movie and overall a lot more action. I think the movie was over 2 hours long too which was cool but no need to stay after the credits since there isn't anything. The bottom line for me is that the movie was very entertaining and that's enough for me with that type of movie.

Bay is one step above Uwe Boll.

• Premium Member
Just curious, how many other squakers grew up with the transformers, go-bots and he-man as some of their favorite cartoons.

I did.

My son is growing up with Transformers, too. :)

I stupidly took my son to see the first movie (he's 9 now), but will not take him to see the second one. It pissed me off that they marketed the movie to teenagers.

I did.

I stupidly took my son to see the first movie (he's 9 now), but will not take him to see the second one. It pissed me off that they marketed the movie to teenagers.

Well at least you can be more sure early on whether or not your son is gay. (Sorry for the gay joke) Did you cover your sons' eyes when Megan Fox came on screen?

Edited by Libid21

I did.

Yeah, I think you're right about targeting the teenage audience. I wasn't too impressed with the movie myself. I actually think it would be better to see transformers with some kick-*ss modern animation instead of the way they've done these last two. It is after all a pretty far-fectched sci-fi concept to begin with. Trying to make it too real just comes off a bit lame.

Yeah, I think you're right about targeting the teenage audience. I wasn't too impressed with the movie myself. I actually think it would be better to see transformers with some kick-*ss modern animation instead of the way they've done these last two. It is after all a pretty far-fectched sci-fi concept to begin with. Trying to make it too real just comes off a bit lame.

Why can't Bay just go away? Seriously, I hope he is the next celeb that bites the bullet.

Why can't Bay just go away? Seriously, I hope he is the next celeb that bites the bullet.

Dude why do you have to resort to hoping someone dies just because you don't like them. Everyone knows you are a hothead and over the top most of the time and can just chuckle at your extremism and move on but when you go on your I hope such and such dies rants, you make yourself out as some punk psychopath. Sometimes I can't believe you haven't been banned.

Edited by Eddielives

MAn I grew up with Transformers, Go_bots, He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats, Brave Starr, Centurions, etc. I even had the Castle Greyskull toy!!!! They don't have real cartoons anymore this Hannah Montana crap is ruining the youth. Back in the 80's a man could be a man and had man toys!! Now MJ is gone, Regan is dead etc what is going on today!!!

MAn I grew up with Transformers, Go_bots, He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats, Brave Starr, Centurions, etc. I even had the Castle Greyskull toy!!!! They don't have real cartoons anymore this Hannah Montana crap is ruining the youth. Back in the 80's a man could be a man and had man toys!! Now MJ is gone, Regan is dead etc what is going on today!!!

Dude I still have a somewhat run-down castle grayskull in my garage too. LOL!

Edited by Eddielives

Dude why do you have to resort to hoping someone dies just because you don't like them. Everyone knows you are a hothead and over the top most of the time and can just chuckle at your extremism and move on but when you go on your I hope such and such dies rants, you make yourself out as some punk psychopath.

Sometimes I can't believe you haven't been banned.

Believe in censorship?

I'm not a psychopath. Just when I hate something, I really hate it.

Believe in censorship?

I'm not a psychopath. Just when I hate something, I really hate it.

Well it certainly isn't my call to make on bans or whatnot but I do know this is a site that you have the PRIVILEDGE of using....not the right. Has nothing to do with censorship so check your logic. Nobody is pursuing litigation for your right to be the way your are.

Well it certainly isn't my call to make on bans or whatnot but I do know this is a site that you have the PRIVILEDGE of using....not the right. Has nothing to do with censorship so check your logic. Nobody is pursuing litigation for your right to be the way your are.

If I'm not attacking people here what is the problem? I only attack people on here if they come after me first. If I hate somebody bad enough to want them dead, so what? I see people wishing Perez Hilton death on other boards I go on. What's the big deal?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

So let me get this straight. Because you dislike how he did Transformers, a movie, a movie about a cartoon many here grew up watching, you hate him enough to want him dead. And you say you're not a psychopath? Riiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhtttttt!

I hate him because of all his movies. He's done his part to destroy one of my favorite hobbies. The more his bubblegum shallow movies make, the less actual good movies get made. You know, it gets harder for people to make movies that actually make a real effort to be good. Bay promotes lazy entertainment. If it didn't keep movies that could be/are well made from getting to the theaters or made at all, I wouldn't have a problem. A movie like say... No Country for Old Men might not get to my area because Hollywood doesn't think it will sell and make money. That's the kind of effect Bay can have on movies. If that sounds selfish, so be it.

Honestly, what Bay has done is taken Spielberg style movies and further dumbed them down to almost the lowest they can be dumbed down. His movies are a step above Epic Movie for what that's worth.

If somebody watches his movies they might as well listen to Britney Spears. There isn't much of a difference in quality to they're respective forms of entertainment.

• Moderators

Loved transformers as a kid. Don't like Bay at all as a director and agree with hotlanta's criticisms of his film making. I wouldn't mind a single shallow movie or two from Bay but it is the very, very consistent path of his career. The highest form of thinking movie he has done is probably the Rock. Movies like Pearl Harbor, Armaggedon, etc. are very lazy film making. I don't wish him dead - just wish studios would aim a little higher.

I'm going to wait until this gets 'released'. I don't want to watch it in the movies because it will remind me of when we watched the first Transformers movie in the Philippines, and it will just make me miss my country more. Call me crazy.

Filipino? My first wife was Filipino so please don't take offense to this question...Is your fav Hawks player Flip Murray? :-)