• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there anything from this decade that hasn't sucked?

Plainview1981

People always wonder why I'm such a bitter and hateful person. Have people looked back on just how crappy this decade was???

-Bush being elected as President

-9/11

-Crappy movies

-Bad economy

-Crappy music

-Seemingly rise in crime

-More school shootings

-Hawks have sucked

-All the bad hurricanes

-NBA sucked the first half of the decade

-Traffic is worse than ever. Overpopulation has destroyed traveling IMO

-My favorite vacationing spot Panama Florida is now filled with condo's and rich people.

Almost everything I enjoy or care about flat out sucked this decade. I don't know... Maybe I'm just older now than I was before and I notice all the bad stuff. But it seems like to me that this decade was just f*ckin' terrible all the way around.

Hawks make the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

Thrashers make the playoffs for the first time ever.

Falcons make it to the NFC Championship.

Of course, we all now how this ended, but I felt GREAT when they were all still in the hunt :beer:

Well.... I always thought the Hawks clinching 4th seed in the east last year was pretty cool... The Falcons drafted Matt Ryan and should have a pretty good team this year.

Oh, and there's this...

-Spirit (MER-A), Mars Exploration Rover, landed successfully on January 4, 2004. Rover was still operating as of June 2009, 5 years after the original mission limit.

-Not to mention the International Space Station... that thing is HUGE now. I'm just a space nut though.

-The birth of private space flight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_spaceflight

-The Human Genome Project and other advances in medical science, some of which havn't made it to the general public yet, but they will.

-The Tevatron partical accellerator

- Hawksquawk.net

Anyway, cheer up buddy.

Edited by ATLSmith

Well.... I always thought the Hawks clinching 4th seed in the east last year was pretty cool... The Falcons drafted Matt Ryan and should have a pretty good team this year.

Oh, and there's this...

-Spirit (MER-A), Mars Exploration Rover, landed successfully on January 4, 2004. Rover was still operating as of June 2009, 5 years after the original mission limit.

-Not to mention the International Space Station... that thing is HUGE now. I'm just a space nut though.

-The birth of private space flight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_spaceflight

-The Human Genome Project and other advances in medical science, some of which havn't made it to the general public yet, but they will.

-The Tevatron partical accellerator

- Hawksquawk.net

Anyway, cheer up buddy.

Not a Falcons fan... So Ryan while a good rookie doesn't excite me.

People always wonder why I'm such a bitter and hateful person. Have people looked back on just how crappy this decade was???

-9/11

-Crappy movies

-Bad economy

-Crappy music

-Seemingly rise in crime

-More school shootings

-Hawks have sucked

-All the bad hurricanes

-My favorite vacationing spot Panama Florida is now filled with condo's and rich people.

Almost everything I enjoy or care about flat out sucked this decade. I don't know... Maybe I'm just older now than I was before and I notice all the bad stuff. But it seems like to me that this decade was just f*ckin' terrible all the way around.

Hot, I agree with you! But you've been somewhat depressed and negative as of late... Cheer-up brother!

Hawks are definitely on the rise and we haven't had this in years!

P.S. Some things are getting better, plenty of women with big boobs, round asses... that will get you goin'... alcohol still does the same trick... :beer:

Life is too short man. Things can ALWAYS be worst... enjoy your time on this Earth while you can, because NOTHING is guaranteed.

-9/11

-Crappy movies

-Bad economy

-Crappy music

-Seemingly rise in crime

-More school shootings

-Hawks have sucked

-All the bad hurricanes

and yet you made it to see all this and complain today. Think of the millions of folks who didn't. Now smile, you won the life lottery for one more day. Enjoy while you can.

Life is too short man. Things can ALWAYS be worst... enjoy your time on this Earth while you can, because NOTHING is guaranteed.

Exactly. Life is what you make of it man. You're taking all the bad things out of it instead of taking the good things. There were good things that happened to all of us and I'm sure something good has happened in your life in the past 10 years you're just choosing, for whatever reason, to ignore the good things.

Sure, this world seems like it is going to hell but, to people like yourself, it's already there. If you are really this down about things and truely find it impossible to see anything at all positive in your life, in all honesty you need to see someone.

-9/11

-Crappy movies

-Bad economy

-Crappy music

-Seemingly rise in crime

-More school shootings

-Hawks have sucked

-All the bad hurricanes

Life's too short man. Just about everything you mentioned, except the vacationing spot is out of your control. Try and find a new place to relax and tan. Instead cherish your family and friends and things to close to you.