• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there anything from this decade that hasn't sucked?

Plainview1981

Exactly. Life is what you make of it man. You're taking all the bad things out of it instead of taking the good things. There were good things that happened to all of us and I'm sure something good has happened in your life in the past 10 years you're just choosing, for whatever reason, to ignore the good things.

Sure, this world seems like it is going to hell but, to people like yourself, it's already there. If you are really this down about things and truely find it impossible to see anything at all positive in your life, in all honesty you need to see someone.

I'll never deny that I cause a great deal of my own problems. But I still find very little interesting these days and times. The good things are very few and far between I feel.

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next."

That explains it. I'm the guy that can feel alone in a crowded room. Friends or family... It often makes little difference.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Now he can be sad again

LOL, I was really referring to just the message of the song... although Lion King was the movie that undoubtedly popularized the motto "Hakuna Matata", the message still rings loud and true regardless of how young the target audience was of that movie.

Hakuna matata is a Swahili phrase that is literally translated as "There are no worries". It is sometimes translated as "no worries", although is more commonly used similarly to the English phrase "no problem".

I'll tell you what hasn't sucked this decade... MY F***ING WIFE!!!... But seriously man you should see someone about your pessimism. That terrible things have happened this decade? yes no doubt, but bad things have always happened and will continue to happen. I'm sure if you look at the big picture you'll see things are not as crappy as they seem!!!

I'll never deny that I cause a great deal of my own problems. But I still find very little interesting these days and times. The good things are very few and far between I feel.

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next."

That explains it. I'm the guy that can feel alone in a crowded room. Friends or family... It often makes little difference.

No one should feel that way. I feel sad for you. Far be it for me to offer any advice, you don't know me, but maybe go talk to someone, therapy could help???

I'll tell you what hasn't sucked this decade... MY F***ING WIFE!!!... But seriously man you should see someone about your pessimism. That terrible things have happened this decade? yes no doubt, but bad things have always happened and will continue to happen. I'm sure if you look at the big picture you'll see things are not as crappy as they seem!!!

Obviously i'm going a tad overboard saying "anything". It's sort of exaggeration for effect if you know what I mean.

I love being a great uncle. But it's still WAY lopsided in the negative side. My sister claims that my dad is a horrible influence on me. He is about twice as pessimistic as I am. And I'm not joking either. I guess that's where it comes from. I don't know.

Obviously i'm going a tad overboard saying "anything". It's sort of exaggeration for effect if you know what I mean.

I love being a great uncle. But it's still WAY lopsided in the negative side. My sister claims that my dad is a horrible influence on me. He is about twice as pessimistic as I am. And I'm not joking either. I guess that's where it comes from. I don't know.

Right on man... I'm glad to hear your not about to kill yourself or anything. After reading your post and noticing your Avatar picture i thought you were in trouble, lol. I love how the picture fits your pessimistic personality. lol

Edited by chico1

There have been some awesome movies and amazing songs written in the last 10 years!

Have you seen Brick?

Right on man... I'm glad to hear your not about to kill yourself or anything. After reading your post and noticing your Avatar picture i thought you were in trouble, lol. I love how the picture fits your pessimistic personality. lol

The avatar is actually a symbol of JJ as a choker. That was from that Boston game earlier this season when he missed the clutch ft's. Not the biggest KJJ fan.

Edited by Hotlanta1981