• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite Beers

DJlaysitup

What are you folks' favorite beers (or other drinks)...personally I enjoy Coors regular banquet beer. I occasionally like some Guinness Draught too....but that is kind of a heavy stout and puts me to sleep at halftime. At a bar I always order a Marguarita and nurse it forever. I can watch a ball game - play three games of pool in between - and leave with only 2 Margs on my tab.

When watching the Hawks I do have a tendency to slam down a couple Coors - but then slow way down once I've micro-ed the corndogs.

Concerning corndogs - do you folks like regular mustard?

Yuengling is pretty good.

Its taste good but its only 4%. One of the weakest "non-light" beers on the market.

I am glad they are now bringing Fat Tire to Ga. I like Terrapin Station too. Amber Ale would be my favorite type of beer.

If you want the buzz effect drink a couple of those Blueberry Beers that are 8%. You won't need many.... 3 of them is like 6 Yuenglings or light beers. You won't have to pee as much.

Can never go wrong with a good ole' Budweiser.

Here are some helpful charts showing the calories and alcohol content of the common stuff...........that way you can get as fat (calories) or drunk (alcohol content )as you like.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

As far as corndogs...............all I need is some regular mustard.......don't mind the spicey....but prefer the reg.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I am glad they are now bringing Fat Tire to Ga.

Fat Tire is good - I particularly like their 1554.

Personally, I don't have a favorite beer so much as I like a variety of beers. For local Atlanta beer, I like Sweetwater which has several excellent beers. I love Guiness, Stella Artois, Yuengling, Sierra Nevada, Corona, Newcastle, Negra, Killians, and many others. Amstel Light is my favorite light beer by a good measure.

While I am not a fan of Sam's Adams, I feel the need to go out of my way here to say that I am incredibly underwhelmed with Landshark. That has so little flavor that I am pretty ticked off I wasted the money buying a six pack of it. I would give away a six pack if I got one now. If you haven't try it and you like any kind of substance to your beer, don't bother.

Edited by AHF

I've tasted beer once and completely HATED IT!!!! Just like Eazy I'm only 21 so I haven't had alot of time to try em but when I did I decided that I wasn't going to waste my time with it anymore. My first experience was with a heineken, idk if I should try another or if they all taste the same but to me it tasted like piss and cut grass!!! U guys have any suggestions as to what I should try to change my mind? :beer11:

I've tasted beer once and completely HATED IT!!!! Just like Eazy I'm only 21 so I haven't had alot of time to try em but when I did I decided that I wasn't going to waste my time with it anymore. My first experience was with a heineken, idk if I should try another or if they all taste the same but to me it tasted like piss and cut grass!!! U guys have any suggestions as to what I should try to change my mind? :beer11:

Try Corona. I hated heineken too and still don't like it. I recently tried some kind of brown ale, and it was absolutely disgusting. It tasted like coffee and beer mixed. Coors light is also a pretty good beer too.

• Moderators

IMO, beer is an acquired taste for many people. When I started drinking I didn't like it at all and went for mixed drinks. As I got a little older I ended up with beers at more events and over time simply grew to like it more and more. I would definitely not start with a dark beer or brown ale given your reaction to a heineken. The suggestion of a Corona with a slice of lime isn't a bad one.

pbr is my main swill of choice. followed closely by miller highlife (often depending on which one is on sale). when i'm feeling a little more uppity, i just mix it up with whatever. there's a good microbrew here in lou-evil, KY called BBC (bluegrass brewing co.) they have a nice munich and i like their coffee stout. i really liked sweetwater 420 when i was living in atl. bell's makes some good varieties. bigger companies i like are harp's lager, bass (on draft), and pasifico when i'm eating mexican. i also like some nice german brew's, too. heffeweissen, not warsteiner. i really just enjoy checking out different stuff i've never had before, or that i'll probably never have again. the biggest downside to the microbrew explosion of late seems to be that they have all gotten into a pissing contest over who can cram the most hops into each beer. i like hops, but seriously, some apa's and ipa's just get rediculous with it.

and yep, good old crappy yellow mustard on a corndog. no need to put lipstick on a pig trying to fancy it up. keep it real.

Guinness is ok, I tried it out for the first time today. It's got a certain..what's the word..tartness to it that kind of threw me off at first, but it's a pretty good beer.

We usta always do "black and tans" G-Stout and Bass Ale.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

How is that? I am very interested in trying a black and tan and have seen a lot of different combinations on the web. I usually just have one beer a few times a week and so I have been reluctant to do this when I would be essentially drinking two.

How is that? I am very interested in trying a black and tan and have seen a lot of different combinations on the web. I usually just have one beer a few times a week and so I have been reluctant to do this when I would be essentially drinking two.

I'm not too big of a fan of black and tan's but I know a lot of people are. The only time I'll drink Guinness is when it's part of an Irish Car Bomb.

And you wouldn't be drinking two beers since you're only using half of each so there ya go, still only one beer ... but LOTS of calories from one beer LOL.

• Moderators

And you wouldn't be drinking two beers since you're only using half of each so there ya go, still only one beer ... but LOTS of calories from one beer LOL.

But if I am the only one drinking beer I don't want to leave 2 half beers sitting in the fridge over night.

It is only 155 calories from a Guiness Stout/Bass Pale Ale combo. That is only a few more calories than a Budweiser.

http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm

But if I am the only one drinking beer I don't want to leave 2 half beers sitting in the fridge over night.

It is only 155 calories from a Guiness Stout/Bass Pale Ale combo. That is only a few more calories than a Budweiser.

http://www.beer100.c...riesimports.htm

Well you could always share your extra beer with someone else ... but yeah probably better to go ahead and take one for the team and drink them both.

That's surprising, I thought with beers that thick that they'd have a lot more calories.

Horrible choice for a 1st timer - but then again maybe not.

Seriously - if you just turned 21 and you don't drink - don't start.

That's my advice.

• Moderators

Any advice on the pouring? I tried pouring the Guiness slowly over a spoon (upside down) on top of the Bass and got a mixed (rather than separated) drink. thanks.

Edited by AHF