• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Answer These About Crawford This Year

TheTruth

Crawford...the Hawks' Version  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The problem with Jamal has never been his talent, it's his consistency. Although I hope for the best with him I just hope this board and other fans don't turn against him when he shows his dual personalities throughout the season.

II think the dual personality charges may be a bit overblown since the the previous two teams he played on had Stephon Marbury and Stephen Jackson in charge :eek:

After seeing what those two to do the organizations they play for I could never imagine how it is to play with them.

The problem with Jamal has never been his talent, it's his consistency. Although I hope for the best with him I just hope this board and other fans don't turn against him when he shows his dual personalities throughout the season.

Yep.

It's frustrating too. Because like he's been showing with the Hawks, he can damn near take anybody off the dribble. He's gone to the basket more than I've ever seen him do it in his career. You have to wonder if someone is in his ear, telling him to drive the basketball whenever he can ( like the coach ).

Because when you look at his jumpshooting, he's only 3 - 14 from 3 point range. And that's even after hitting 2 last night. So as long as he keeps driving the ball into the lane, and not constantly settling for the jumper all the time, we'll be OK.

However, when "Crawful" does emerge, Woody cannot hesitate to put that dude back on the bench. He has to really watch Crawford every game, to make sure that he doesn't shoot us into a deeper decifit. And he can't have in his mind that he has to play Crawford 25 - 30 min a game every night.

I can't wait for 82games.com to finally update their site for this season. Crawford has to be seeing at least 25% of his shots be from close range. If that's the case, that's great.

I said his defense is serviceable. At times, he lets a few points go by him easily but can not be mistaken as a Mike Bibby on D. On the offensive side of the ball, as a PG, Crawford has surprised me a lot. He's played very well off the bench and hearing from a lot of NY / GSW fans how he is selfish and a chucker, I didn't think we'd find ourselves a guard who could score and pass with Crawford. It is still the beginning of the year so I knock on wood when I say it, but Crawford looks like the perfect sixth man for this team.

II think the dual personality charges may be a bit overblown since the the previous two teams he played on had Stephon Marbury and Stephen Jackson in charge :eek:

After seeing what those two to do the organizations they play for I could never imagine how it is to play with them.

100 times this. You get on teams full of me-first guys and people will try to get theirs any way possible. We play more of a team game (well, usually) and it should breed better play from him.

The Crawford Knicks team:

Marbury

Francis

Curry

Nate Robinson

Jalen Rose

How can anyone play with that collection of morons and lazy stat whores?

Bull ****. Constantly reading posters claim that the issues on those teams had nothing to do with Jamal are either only fooling themselves or have no idea to begin with. I can speak on the Knicks in particular and say that his inconsistency was as much to blame as any other player there. Jamal was a guy who would give you 50 one night, two days later score 6, three days later score 9, five days later score 20 and then seven days later score 12. Average that out and you got 19ppg which would lead you to believe he's being underrated but in actuality he gave one amazing game coupled with a great game then 3 mediocre to terrible games all on poor shooting with terrible defense to boot. That is why he is given the charge of dual personalities because over the course of a week, sometimes even in a singular game, he can switch between Crawful and Crawesome.

Bull ****. Constantly reading posters claim that the issues on those teams had nothing to do with Jamal are either only fooling themselves or have no idea to begin with. I can speak on the Knicks in particular and say that his inconsistency was as much to blame as any other player there. Jamal was a guy who would give you 50 one night, two days later score 6, three days later score 9, five days later score 20 and then seven days later score 12. Average that out and you got 19ppg which would lead you to believe he's being underrated but in actuality he gave one amazing game coupled with a great game then 3 mediocre to terrible games all on poor shooting with terrible defense to boot. That is why he is given the charge of dual personalities because over the course of a week, sometimes even in a singular game, he can switch between Crawful and Crawesome.

How can you be consistent when your role is forever changing ? as well as the coaches and players as well as the front office issues ? hes scored 50 3 times in career yet somehow in your mind you have set 50 POINTS AS A REASONABLE PLATEAU FOR HIS PLAY . To average 19 pts per game for a season in your example he would have to score 50 points what about 10-12 times ? Again if you have to exaggerate it it usually is not true . From what I could tell isiahs last year he started out at sg and then had to play point with Fred taylor and nate robinson manning the sg position after Marbury abandoned the team basically but yet when I look at his stats from last year under Dantoni he was playing pretty solid ball not the erratic play you are talking about . He then left that environment with both he and the knicks playing well and went to GS where Nelson was erratic with his behavior and allowed Stephen Jackson to becomes the teams captain and mentor to the young guys and his play went up and down and now here he is with us and again he hasnt exhibited any of the stuff youve talked about . Hes not a stat hound is a willing passer has made some nice defensive plays in the short season and in his 3 pt game didnt force the issue at all.

So when I look and see how the knicks are still struggling and GS is are still having the same problems they had even before they traded to Crawford and with all hes shown me so far I have to say its those organizations not Crawford that was the problem. No leadership and organization at the top will lead to erratic play and production on the court.

I find the entire Crawful to Crawesome thing ridiculous as every player in the nba makes good and bad plays/decisions and yes even in the same game .

How can you be consistent when your role is forever changing ? as well as the coaches and players as well as the front office issues ? hes scored 50 3 times in career yet somehow in your mind you have set 50 POINTS AS A REASONABLE PLATEAU FOR HIS PLAY . To average 19 pts per game for a season in your example he would have to score 50 points what about 10-12 times ? Again if you have to exaggerate it it usually is not true . From what I could tell isiahs last year he started out at sg and then had to play point with Fred taylor and nate robinson manning the sg position after Marbury abandoned the team basically but yet when I look at his stats from last year under Dantoni he was playing pretty solid ball not the erratic play you are talking about . He then left that environment with both he and the knicks playing well and went to GS where Nelson was erratic with his behavior and allowed Stephen Jackson to becomes the teams captain and mentor to the young guys and his play went up and down and now here he is with us and again he hasnt exhibited any of the stuff youve talked about . Hes not a stat hound is a willing passer has made some nice defensive plays in the short season and in his 3 pt game didnt force the issue at all.

So when I look and see how the knicks are still struggling and GS is are still having the same problems they had even before they traded to Crawford and with all hes shown me so far I have to say its those organizations not Crawford that was the problem. No leadership and organization at the top will lead to erratic play and production on the court.

I find the entire Crawful to Crawesome thing ridiculous as every player in the nba makes good and bad plays/decisions and yes even in the same game .

I used an example and you are trying to use that as the emphasis of my argument? The point I'm making is that had Jamal simply been able to just average within 16-18 points on a nightly basis he would have been far more endearing character to Knick faithful rather than the feast or famine player that he was. There's a lot of points between 50 and 0 and he could touch on any in any given night. He can pass, he could always pass, for a player to have the ball in his hands as much as he's had that has never been an issue with him. The issue was that he was the man and he couldn't be counted on with his inconsistent play. When teams needed a score they always turned to Jamal and he would either come through for them or not, more often he would not. All the talent in the world to drive on anyone but he would always fall back to that jumper even if it wasn't falling for him. The guy has been in the league for 9 years, don't try and make it out to be that he was just some poor soul along for the ride to hell, that is just fallacious. Plenty of scouts and coaches have spoken on Jamal Crawford the player and have mentioned his deficiencies outside of whatever you want to blame on a team. You can try and deny that all you want but 9 years is enough to get to know a player.

I used an example and you are trying to use that as the emphasis of my argument? The point I'm making is that had Jamal simply been able to just average within 16-18 points on a nightly basis he would have been far more endearing character to Knick faithful rather than the feast or famine player that he was. There's a lot of points between 50 and 0 and he could touch on any in any given night. He can pass, he could always pass, for a player to have the ball in his hands as much as he's had that has never been an issue with him. The issue was that he was the man and he couldn't be counted on with his inconsistent play. When teams needed a score they always turned to Jamal and he would either come through for them or not, more often he would not. All the talent in the world to drive on anyone but he would always fall back to that jumper even if it wasn't falling for him. The guy has been in the league for 9 years, don't try and make it out to be that he was just some poor soul along for the ride to hell, that is just fallacious. Plenty of scouts and coaches have spoken on Jamal Crawford the player and have mentioned his deficiencies outside of whatever you want to blame on a team. You can try and deny that all you want but 9 years is enough to get to know a player.

and again you are talking about the knick faithful wiothout taking into account what the coach is asking him to do .

Did the coaches just ask him to average 16-18 ?

The knicks gave crazy Marbury 20 million per year and yet Crawford was left holding the bag .

Just by a simple click on his stat page I can see that

in 2007 he averaged 17 ppg

In 2008 he averaged 20 ppg

In 2009 he averaged 19 ppg for the knicks under D'antoni

in 2009 he averaged 19 ppg for the warriors

In 2010 he is now averaging 17 ppg for us and I wouldnt be surprised if by the seasons end he is back averaging 19-20 ppg

Nothing has changed about Crawfords game it seems just the people around him and the way he has to go about getting his numbers .

Ive never heard anyone talk about someone being feast or famine when that guy has never had a team built around them . All indicators are that the jamal gave the knicks the 16-18 ppg but since the knicks were in turmoil they squandered it . The knicks were Marburys team and he failed to live up to the billing as a #1 and if you look and compare Crawfords numbers to other #3/borderline #2 guys in the league his numbers are right there .Those guys are #2/3 because they cant carry the load by themselves which means they will have the occasional stinker if they were consistent they would be a #1.

Dude everyone has weaknesses in the nba that is essentially your problem I see .You are holding to some standard that you dont hold anyone else to. No one has said he doesnt Im just saying that the magnitude of his weaknesses as you claim them to be has not given any indications of manifesting themselves and that could simply be because the knicks have been a craphole of a organization for quite a while that basically magnifies his weaknesses kinda like when anyone joins the clippers . The fact that we dont have all the drama here,have made the playoffs,and have a solid leadership from the top down makes this an entirely different situation . I dont get with knowing what a mess that franchise is why we would hold that over Crawfords head and not judge him based on what he has shown in a hawks uniform .

Guess What!! He is now on a playoff team and he is not even the starter he is the 6 man. Anything extra your bench can give you is a plus but your bench is not expected to win the game for you every night. This is why Crawford is a plus(he is an extra player that can come through off of the bench when one of our starters may be off/foul trouble and we need some clutch play). He does not necessarily have to do it with his scoring but he has the ability as a great play maker to make big things happen.

Im just saying that the magnitude of his weaknesses as you claim them to be has not given any indications of manifesting themselves and that could simply be because the knicks have been a craphole of a organization for quite a while that basically magnifies his weaknesses kinda like when anyone joins the clippers . The fact that we dont have all the drama here,have made the playoffs,and have a solid leadership from the top down makes this an entirely different situation . I dont get with knowing what a mess that franchise is why we would hold that over Crawfords head and not judge him based on what he has shown in a hawks uniform .

Exactly what I was thinking. Think of how Bibby was looking with the lowly Kings before we traded for him. While he still has his weaknesses, they are more hidden with us because we are a better overall team. Now he has gotten his shot back because of the players around him and he isn't expected to carry the load which helps a lot.