• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LaRoche leads four Braves into free agency

Hawksquawk

• Moderators

Norton should probably apply for unemployment. Wren is doing a good job. We'll see what we get at first base but we need to upgrade the outfield. Diaz and McClouth will be fine if we get a real slugger in right. If we keep all our starters from last year even with the same batters we'll be in the playoffs. Waiting around for Frenchy, Johnson, and Schafer to do something for two months killed us.

Resign LaRoche, get a big bat for the outfield and somewhere find a closer.

Saw the headline for Mark Bradley speculating about making Hanson the closer?? What the hell. You're going to take the next Pedro Martinez and make him your closer. The dude probably could have had 3 complete game wins in his rookie season.

Norton should probably apply for unemployment. Wren is doing a good job. We'll see what we get at first base but we need to upgrade the outfield. Diaz and McClouth will be fine if we get a real slugger in right. If we keep all our starters from last year even with the same batters we'll be in the playoffs. Waiting around for Frenchy, Johnson, and Schafer to do something for two months killed us.

Resign LaRoche, get a big bat for the outfield and somewhere find a closer.

Saw the headline for Mark Bradley speculating about making Hanson the closer?? What the hell. You're going to take the next Pedro Martinez and make him your closer. The dude probably could have had 3 complete game wins in his rookie season.

Hanson definitely looks like he can be the real deal but if he can become a dominant closer that can get you 3-4 outs every game and protect every lead then I can see why there might be some interest in that. I hate the thought of turning young talented pitchers into closers but if you look at what Boston did with Papelbon it seems like a move that has been great for them and for him.

Hanson definitely looks like he can be the real deal but if he can become a dominant closer that can get you 3-4 outs every game and protect every lead then I can see why there might be some interest in that. I hate the thought of turning young talented pitchers into closers but if you look at what Boston did with Papelbon it seems like a move that has been great for them and for him.

Hanson could throw 96-98 MPH for 1 inning as a closer.

He would be a dominant closer.

When he starts and throws 200 innings a year...............he has to pace himself and throw 92-94 MPH.

I would prefer to keep him as a starter if we can get that closer from the Pirates or entice Wagner or Hoffman to come over for a year but am open to the closer road.

In one year Vasquez will be a FA and we would need to put Hanson right back in the rotation any way. Sell high and buy low. I love Javier Vazquez but if he brings us a true RH clean up hitter then I pull the trigger and keep Hanson as a starter and find a closer.

Edited by coachx