never liked Jay-Z

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Jut heard BP3. 5 star Classic. How in the hell is the old man doing this? Amazingly his American Gangster album was just as good.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

never like the guy and more importantly his music.

as an artist he comes across as an complete egotist. While I enjoy the quailty of his production the message in his music is redundant and quite frankly borderline insulting to the listener. The main theme in all his music is well... "I'm better than you."

Edited by NineOhTheRino

as an artist he comes across as an complete egotist. While I enjoy the quailty of his production the message in his music is redundant and quite frankly borderline insulting to the listener. The main theme in all his music is well... "I'm better than you."

totally agree

• 1 month later...

I disagree. I'm a fan of OutKast, Andre 3000 in particular. He's the best rapper to ever do it.

Love Kast and Dre. I really wanted him to go in on Lil Wayne when he said Andre, tell me where is Erykah Badu at. To be honest Jay-z probably isn't my favorite rapper right now, Lupe Fiasco is, but still, looking at his career I still say he's the best rapper of all time.

I disagree. I'm a fan of OutKast, Andre 3000 in particular. He's the best rapper to ever do it.

Damn......can we agree on anything else? I totally agree that Dre is the best to do it, but I think he needs to be with someone else to really bring the best out of him. When he's by himself he's a bit much to me.......a lil to far out......but when he's with Big Boi or when he features on somebody else's song he always and I do mean ALWAYS kills it.

• 3 weeks later...

f*** the market that is over-saturated with hip pop and hick pop. Most everything these days sucks and music is no exception.

Agreed !

Music today is written for kids and "adults" who are overly ego-centric. Where has the art of story telling gone ?

Edited by coachx

f*** the market that is over-saturated with hip pop and hick pop. Most everything these days sucks and music is no exception.

+1

I did review of 2000-2009 billboard number ones some time ago and 90% of those "songs" is so shitty that's it's scary. I mean Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" has over 66millis of views on YT and counting.