• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Celtics at Hawks, AKA For Some Reason Hawks Are Really, Really Up For This

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
Star power and rings ought to get Hawks' attention. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images North America)

Star power and rings ought to get Hawks' attention. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images North America)

So why is it that the Hawks seem to get up for the Celtics more than any of the other members of the East Elite Tri-Council?

Well, when you consider that the Celtics boast three stars, won a championship in 2008 and owned the Hawks until this season, the real question is: Why wouldn’t the Hawks bring a little something extra against the C’s?

“We know we have to play on a totally different level against that team,” J.J. said. “They’ve got so many threats you can’t have no letdowns.”

If you are so inclined–and I know some of you are–you could take all the things that theoretically are working for the Hawks tonight and turn them around into signs of danger:

1. There’s that 3-0 record against Boston this season. That means the Hawks either a) have Boston’s number or b) can expect the Celtics, with prideful KG back, to do everything in their power to avoid their first four-game season …

View the full article

• Premium Member

Oh yay yet ANOTHER game on NBATV that I won't get to see. This is a game that we desperately need to win though, party to avoid the start of a losing streak, but most importantly because we've got a shot at seeing the ISO Woody All-Stars.

Ha. I came here to post the same thing, but knew you'd probably beat me to it.

It's such a stupid concept. They're making more from me directly than they are via cable/satellite.

Ha. I came here to post the same thing, but knew you'd probably beat me to it.

It's such a stupid concept. They're making more from me directly than they are via cable/satellite.

Yep and it's starting to piss me off, damn I got to see a lot more Hawks games when we sucked but no the team had to go and become good and get on "National" TV, which is a joke considering how many cable companies don't carry NBATV.

• Premium Member

Yep and it's starting to piss me off, damn I got to see a lot more Hawks games when we sucked but no the team had to go and become good and get on "National" TV, which is a joke considering how many cable companies don't carry NBATV.

Right now, I have basic cable. (As soon as we get a new TV, we can get all of those same channels for free except TNT and USA).

To even be eligible for NBA TV, I would have to upgrade to the digital package. (Remember that I don't even have a digital TV). That would cost me at least $300/year extra. I would not watch any of that. Not a bit. My wife might watch TLC, but that's it.

Between basic cable, Hulu, and Netflix, I have all I need. Why the NBA thinks I'm gonna spend several hundred dollars extra just to watch their stupid channel is beyond me. (Not to mention the fact that they wouldn't make any extra money).

Oh yay yet ANOTHER game on NBATV that I won't get to see. This is a game that we desperately need to win though, party to avoid the start of a losing streak, but most importantly because we've got a shot at seeing the ISO Woody All-Stars.

Always keep in mind these 2 websites:

channelsurfing.net

and

justin.tv

When you can't see a live broadcast of a game on TV, you can usually see it on one of those 2 sites. LOL . . it is annoying though. They're trying to compensate for the lack of games they should've put us on TNT, by putting us on NBATV at least once a week.

Always keep in mind these 2 websites:

channelsurfing.net

and

justin.tv

When you can't see a live broadcast of a game on TV, you can usually see it on one of those 2 sites. LOL . . it is annoying though. They're trying to compensate for the lack of games they should've put us on TNT, by putting us on NBATV at least once a week.

I appreciate the links guys and yeah I will probably try and watch the game on one of those sites, which I usually do if they're working and not freezing up on me.

I don't know how new this is because I haven't checked out channelsurfing this year but the quality is far better than it used to be and a lot better than justin.tv. You just have to install a little Windows utility and then you're good to go. Here is the Hawks game:

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-nba-3.html

I'm over in London and my slingbox crapped out at home in Atlanta so this is how I watch all the games now. That utility is called Veetle, created by former students at the university of Stanford, and let me tell you it is the preferred streaming site. The range of channels is still very low as the user base is still building but all the big games are covered and in high fidelity.

I watched the NFL playoffs every week on Veetle and it looked like an HD broadcast popping off my screen. There is usually a Veetle feed for the Hawks' biggest games, otherwise its the lower-quality streams you are more familiar with (if you're lucky enough to get them).