Rashard Lewis PF Josh Smith

Dwight Howard

C Al Horford

Dsc_3572_medium

photo by Bruce Maddox of Orlando Pinstriped Post

Hawks Injury Report: None

Magic injury Report: None

Blogging With the Enemy: Orlando Pinstriped Post

Predicted bane of the Hawks' existence: Vince Carter or Ryan Anderson, both traded for the sole purpose of making their Hawks destruction more meaningful and hurtful.

Game Preview:

Since I am not playing and don't have any actual affect on the game or the mentality of the team, I will go ahead and let you know I really want this win.

Not only would it be great for the standings, the all-star game, and my weekend, it would also be one more "question mark" to at least begin crossing off. The problem is through the first two games against the Magic the question mark of can we play with this team let alone beat them has only gotten bigger with larger more permanent markers.

On one side of things, the Magic have played near perfect basketball against Atlanta. On the other side of things, the Hawks have helped them play near perfect basketball. The Hawks have no answer for Dwight Howard, but really no one does and it just so happens the one semi answer of making the other team hit jump shots has been thwarted by Orlando drilling shots and getting career nights from old point guards.

I have always thought this team was a bad match up for the Hawks but not one that is hopeless. Still, this is the second of back to backs, on the road, and Vince Carter just received one of the worst media poo pooings for his performance you will ever see in a game his team won. I expect Vince to bounce back. I expect Dwight to dunk. I expect Jameer to find his way into the lane. I just hope somewhere amidst the tiredness and matchup problems, the Hawks realize they are really good. They cause match up problems. They beat teams this good now. Might as well beat another one tonight.

Keys to the game:

1. No easy shots. That means open threes, uncontested layups, and thunder dunks. Make the Magic earn it from the line or with a hand in the face.
  2. Make Vince Carter and Dwight Howard play defense. Not help defense. Real defense. Al Horford is not in Dwight's league, but he is an all-star.If we give Al six shots, we are making a Magic advantage even greater.

3. Some guard get hot. The Magic have one the last two in part because they couldn't miss. Not missing is good for offense.

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article